John Elkann (7 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Yeah, I'd rather have a poor team with honor and prestige than having a club with an Arab suggar daddy. And those so-called "Juve fans" that seem to think so should support Man City instead!
This team doesn't need some bored petrol billionaire to aid it through this.

If people had it their way, they would change the starting line up completely if the club could afford it, just so they could live out their fantasies based off some video game or something equally as retarded.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This team doesn't need some bored petrol billionaire to aid it through this.

If people had it their way, they would change the starting line up completely if the club could afford it, just so they could live out their fantasies based off some video game or something equally as retarded.
Exactly.

I knew I loved you, Sal.

May 22, 2007
And btw, for all of thos saying they haven't invested their money, this is a lie.
To add to this, the loan + option strategy we had for many players this summer was probably planned out so there wasn't loads of wasted money on crap players who don't want to move. The last things this team needs is more players like Tiago or Amauri pinned down on a large, long term contract, so the club is unable to sell them off.

And I am genuinely curious at what people think with my earlier question. What does it say if Juventus were prepared to spend over €30m on Dzeko last summer?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
To add to this, the loan + option strategy we had for many players this summer was probably planned out so there wasn't loads of wasted money on crap players who don't want to move. The last things this team needs is more players like Tiago or Amauri pinned down on a large, long term contract, so the club is unable to sell them off.

And I am genuinely curious at what people think with my earlier question. What does it say if Juventus were prepared to spend over €30m on Dzeko last summer?
:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup::tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup::tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup::tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup::tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup::tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup::tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup::tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup::tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup::tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup::tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

+rep

(it won't let me +rep you yet, but when I can...)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

True but we took a risk on buying Martinez for example and didn't buy Quag or Aquilani. That theory went out the window when we bought that no name for 12 mil.

May 22, 2007
True but we took a risk on buying Martinez for example and didn't buy Quag or Aquilani. That theory went out the window when we bought that no name for 12 mil.
Quagliarella wasn't greeted with much praise even on loan, and for someone who doesn't have a remarkably consistent scoring record, he was going to be a risk (on top of the fact that we tried for Di Natale/Borriello before him anyway). Aquilani was a bigger risk because of injuries and whether he actually performs or not.

Fair enough about Martínez, he can still prove to be wise though. Maybe everyone at the club thought he was perfect for the new team last summer, it's hard to create a squad full of players who are loaned in.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Martinez when fit and fielded in the correct position is a very good player. I think it was me and Doozy who was excited in the Summer about his arrival.

Jul 2, 2006
Well said. If they invested that money in Juventus, they would never see a return.

Our fans should be grateful our financial situation is nothing like the clubs they wish we would emulate in terms of spending.

And btw, for all of thos saying they haven't invested their money, this is a lie. Where do you think the money came from the summer out of serie b? Who covered the losses the following year as a result of that spending? Who will cover the losses this upcoming summer? Our fans only recognize their monetary contribution in terms of the transfer market.
Obviously I would love for them to invest, but not at the expense of my club. Our fans need to adjust their expectations and face up to the facts. We are spending within our means.

Personally, I am not a fan of John Elkann because I can never forgive our leadership for the rape they took in 2006. They basically bent over and did nothing to defend the club, despite having a strong case and very good chance of winning. However, at the same time I don't want us becoming some Arab playboys toy, so I swallow my pride and accept our ownership, even if they betrayed us and let our image become tainted. However, the burden created by poor financial management is more detrimental and difficult to solve than our clubs reputation.
Wake up buddy, they didn't donate a cent after promotion. They would not hesitate to announce it if they invest. It was last years income from player sales we spent in 2007. If you exclude money from sales, we are spending 10 - 20 million per year which is laughable for a team like Juventus. Before 2006 we were okay without any help from owners but after demotion and loss of half of the squad it became necessary. But instead of giving a hand to team to rebuild, they choose cheaper and dishonourable way. So we got Molinaro for Zambrotta, Iaquinta for Ibrahimovic, Secco for Moggi, Ranieri for Capello and Zaccheroni for Hiddink. Poor choice of directors and managers is definite proof of that they don't give a shit about club. Arab owner is not necessary, it should be someone who has what it takes to be club owner. If you have a store either you must fill it with goods or sell the store. Current owners are unwilling to do both.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Does anyone know how the shares of Juve distributed among the Elkanns, Agnellis and others?!
Exor the company that is owned by the agnelli's and its chairman john Elkann right now owns %60 of the club.

Libyan Investment Authority or LIA owns %7.5 of the club and the rest in distributed among other shareholders am one of them :D

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Exor the company that is owned by the agnelli's and its chairman john Elkann right now owns %60 of the club.

Libyan Investment Authority or LIA owns %7.5 of the club and the rest in distributed among other shareholders am one of them :D
:D

If the Agnelli's (The Elkanns included?) own the majority, why did they refuse to give some money to the club?! (Assuming Andrea has an influence due to his share)...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wake up buddy, they didn't donate a cent after promotion. They would not hesitate to announce it if they invest. It was last years income from player sales we spent in 2007. If you exclude money from sales, we are spending 10 - 20 million per year which is laughable for a team like Juventus. Before 2006 we were okay without any help from owners but after demotion and loss of half of the squad it became necessary. But instead of giving a hand to team to rebuild, they choose cheaper and dishonourable way. So we got Molinaro for Zambrotta, Iaquinta for Ibrahimovic, Secco for Moggi, Ranieri for Capello and Zaccheroni for Hiddink. Poor choice of directors and managers is definite proof of that they don't give a shit about club. Arab owner is not necessary, it should be someone who has what it takes to be club owner. If you have a store either you must fill it with goods or sell the store. Current owners are unwilling to do both.
I have a store. It is projected to make 20+million this year in sales, and we met our goal of 17.5m in sales last year (just barely). But now that economic times are changing, the way the store operates is changing as well.

We met those sales goals because we were smart where we spent on employee wages, merchandising, marketing, etc. But it was on the store level that we became a leading store for my company on the east coast. It wasn't because the company CEO pumped millions of his own money/assets into the store, we met our goals because we were smart on the store level. And to be honest, we have gotten bonuses for that hard work from corporate. And that is exactly how it works, smart business operations and protecting the bottom line is when you start seeing money pumped into your machine.

Our club has had money given to them, it was just not spent wisely at all, so again I am in the same endless loop of an argument. We don't suffer financially especially when you see how much we have spent since we got back into Serie A.

It's who you buy and how you spend your money that makes success. It's not how much you spend. Look at Man City now, Real in CL, etc...let's not forget pre-2006 Internazionale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)