João Cancelo (8 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Prime Cancelo would have been amazing in this game, he just doesn't seem there. Lemar isn't tracking back that well either, he needs to step up.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Joao is easily one of our top 5 players. In the last two matches he ia unbalanced, unfocused, outmuscled, outpaced, he even limps in a strange way, maybe he is not completely recover, could be sick, or another health/mental issue.
He will recover in time for the important CL games

Apr 19, 2007
In the last two matches he is asked to play higher and I dont think thats a good answer usually for attacking defenders. Usually they are good at driving into space and linking up. Something he couldnt really do today being wide mostly by himself. No one to overlap and already higher so the space wasnt there as much to drive in to. Stick to the 4 man defense or at least the 3-4-3 hybrid we played against Atletico so he has players wide to link up with

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Joao is easily one of our top 5 players. In the last two matches he ia unbalanced, unfocused, outmuscled, outpaced, he even limps in a strange way, maybe he is not completely recover, could be sick, or another health/mental issue.
He will recover in time for the important CL games
Doctor has spoken :p

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
In the last two matches he is asked to play higher and I dont think thats a good answer usually for attacking defenders. Usually they are good at driving into space and linking up. Something he couldnt really do today being wide mostly by himself. No one to overlap and already higher so the space wasnt there as much to drive in to. Stick to the 4 man defense or at least the 3-4-3 hybrid we played against Atletico so he has players wide to link up with
I totally agree with everything. He is much better when played as an attacking RB. He needs to get the momentum by overlapping and running into space, rather than receiving the ball already high on the field/close to the box - it's very visible that's not his natural position and he doesn't know what to do as fast as you'd expect/want.

I also think Inter tried him out as a pure winger and he couldn't work it out then aswell.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Yeah, he should play as fullback. However he needs to work on first touch, bc sometimes there isnt any as he misjudges its (ball) direction. In one game he had like 3-4 blunders. Can be annoying af.... all good other stuff he does.

- - - Updated - - -

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)