January Transfer Market (23 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Naaaah,lads know my opinion on Treze.......sucks bigtime.
Yeah, a player who has scored over 50 goals for Juventus in 4 seasons sucks. :rolleyes: Great arguement Barkuss. You do not appreciate the prototypical goal poacher. Trezeguet's job is to score goals, and to be in positions to score goals. He has the instinct to be in the right position at the right time and has class finishing skills. His job is to score goals, period. That is the only reason Moggi bought him. Trezeguet does not suck at his job, he's one of the best in the world.

Mar 14, 2004
LOL,I cant argue anymore on this subject. I just gonna say that he makes his teammates look worse. Now I understand their frustration in midfield....one person less to pass the ball. He fools you....he scores 3 to Empoli or Siena and when the big time games come he looks helpless.....any serious defender has no problem with Treze most of the game.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, Trezeguet sure looked helpless against Real Madrid a couple years ago, scoring in more than 10 consecutive Serie A matches as well. He might not be the best player to help the team build up, but he is reliable in front of the net. Like I said, his job is to score goals. It's the midfield's fault for not supplying him service in front of goal, not helping him perform his trade.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Yeah, Trezeguet sure looked helpless against Real Madrid a couple years ago, scoring in more than 10 consecutive Serie A matches as well. He might not be the best player to help the team build up, but he is reliable in front of the net. Like I said, his job is to score goals. It's the midfield's fault for not supplying him service in front of goal, not helping him perform his trade.

Naaaah,is Real onley argument you people have? That lucky half volley against defence which even allowed DP to make fools out of them? Midfield....yess......I thought that great fowards are able to take things into their own hands and create themselves at least 1 chance per game. Thats the quality that Milan and others have and we don't.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

Naaaah,is Real onley argument you people have? That lucky half volley against defence which even allowed DP to make fools out of them? Midfield....yess......I thought that great fowards are able to take things into their own hands and create themselves at least 1 chance per game. Thats the quality that Milan and others have and we don't.
than we dont need 'great forwards' beacuse its no use having a forward who can create himself a chance but in the end score less. Trezeguet dont have all that ability u said but still can be top scorer in Serie A. A proof that such quality is wayyy overated.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
Yes because TREZEGUET.Be serious what could do?
He could score,he could take things into his own hands and carry the team like other WC fowards do......He could do problems to defence more often...and by that I don't mean standing in the box,watching stars and waiting a 100% chance that is harder to miss than score or a poach os somebodys work!!!!!!

My grandma could do that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Yes,and that's why we and France do sooooo good.
I am sure France did not need Trezeguet in 2000 against Italy.. I really think you should quit now Barkuss, you are getting mauled. :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
My favorite system of the past is Capello's 3-4-1-2 when he was at Roma. This system has a balanced attack and defense, and with the right players it can be highly successful.

Buffon

Zebina-Thuram-Cannavaro

Zambrotta-Emerson-Blasi-Jankulovski

Nedved

Trezeguet-Ibrahimovic

Maybe not the best players in all of the positions, but it might work. What I like about this system is that Nedved know has freedom behind the strikers, his most dangerous position. Zambro and Jankulovski would be the perfect players for the two wing spots, as they both would make darting runs up the flank while being sound defensive players. The only problem with this setup is that we would need a better defender at RB than Zebina.

Edit: This system was also used by Ancelotti in 2001. The problem behind that setup was that Carlo did not have the right players in the right positions.

van der Saar

Ferrara-Montero-Iuliano

Zambrotta-Tacchinardi-Davids-Pessotto

Zidane

Inzaghi-Del Piero

As you know the two forwards are not really "target men," as you need a strong, tall player in this setup because of the presence on the flanks. With this setup you can attack from pretty much all positions on the pitch, especially the flanks.

I wouldnt put Zebina there, I'd rather play Tudor. Zebina can be a big liability sometimes, he's not that reliable always.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

i am sorry but that that formation is stupid... no coach in the world would play 433 in that setup.... to give u a clue how it should be played , see Chelsea

,,Robben..GUdjohnsen,,,Duff........

...LAmpard...Makelele..Tiago...

bridge,,,,Terry..calvalho...freira..

.................cech

notice that in 3 man midfield u need to have 3 solid central midfielfers, not natural wingers like camoranesi or Nedved...

and in three man attack, the traget man need to be flanked by to FAST wingers that are very able to DRIBBLE PAST OPPONENT.... both Del Piero and Zlatan are slow and never drible past any defener in Serie A this season...
I don't want em to play exactly like that, I'm sorry that I didn't make it clare. I wan't DP behind trez and zlatan. And sure Neddy and Camo aint declared DM:s, but both works really hard all over the field so I'm sure it would work out fine.

By the way, Barca have played with both Deco, Marquez, Xavi and Deco, Xavi, Iniesta in the midfield, both worked out fine. So I really think its worth a try. :)

Or if you wish, it could look something like this:
Zlatan Trezeguet Kapo
Nedved Emerson Blasi
Zambro Canna thuram Zebina
buffon

Naa I'm not completely satisfied with that one either. :undecide: Please buy someone moggi, anyone. :undecide:

Edit: Oh I see i even put him on the left flank in my post, sorry, fixed it. :undecide:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)