J Stadium/Allianz (26 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Number of sold out games so far this season: 0
We have a higher average home attendance this year (2 matches, 40.368 att.) versus last year (19 matches, 38.948 att).

You know what I mean. People will keep paying grumbling all they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Ultras will keep going to the matches when they realize their little bitching isn't going to change anything. They will start singing again soon enough.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
y, wouldn't have this problem with a 60k stadium instead of 40k
If locals are being priced out of games, it sounds to me like cheaper seats could still easily be filled in addition to the expensive ones we are charging for now. Increased supply would allow for cheaper seats.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but the Ultras aren't that rich to afford those tickets, the crowd is changing tha previous and upcoming years. So we have to say goodbye to a good atmosphere.
:agree:

You can have a good mix of both imo.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
:tup:

Demand is there and people are still buying them.
Idk, just seems to me like we're reaching an inflection point at this price for our stadium size. I feel at this point we could easily fill a bigger stadium, however at the time it was built there's no way and ~42,000 was perfect. I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading here that it would be difficult for the stadium to be expanded, that seems a bit of a shortsighted move to me if we were expecting to grow in prestige. 42,000 but more easily expandable would've been a good compromise imo.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Idk, just seems to me like we're reaching an inflection point at this price for our stadium size. I feel at this point we could easily fill a bigger stadium, however at the time it was built there's no way and ~42,000 was perfect. I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading here that it would be difficult for the stadium to be expanded, that seems a bit of a shortsighted move to me if we were expecting to grow in prestige. 42,000 but more easily expandable would've been a good compromise imo.
You are correct, the stadium was designed so it can be expanded I think to something between 50-60k. I doubt we will do it anytime soon.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Kill our atmosphere? How, because our spoiled ultras decided to wear white tee-shirts and sit for a game? :D
No, but I am visiting our games for many many years now and I just can tell you that the atmosphere got lower every year. (@Buck Fuddy please confirm)

Every year we raise our prices. Instead of signing people creating a great atmosphere there are tourists and spoiled kiddis of rich people playing on their phones during the game. It's a trend which goes hand in hand with our ticket prices. What do you expect from a normal singing italian Juventus fan who used to visit our games for 50-70 Euros and suddenly has to pay 120-200 (Yes, tickets against napoli are up to 200 Euros!!). He won't come, because he simply cannot afford it. Italians with a regular job don't earn that much money.

And what are you expecting from our Ultras? If we continue to raise the prices, they won't be able to afford their season ticket either. That's why they go on strike. I can understand it, but I think it's too late now anyway.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No, but I am visiting our games for many many years now and I just can tell you that the atmosphere got lower every year. (@Buck Fuddy please confirm)

Every year we raise our prices. Instead of signing people creating a great atmosphere there are tourists and spoiled kiddis of rich people playing on their phones during the game. It's a trend which goes hand in hand with our ticket prices. What do you expect from a normal singing italian Juventus fan who used to visit our games for 50-70 Euros and suddenly has to pay 120-200 (Yes, tickets against napoli are up to 200 Euros!!). He won't come, because he simply cannot afford it. Italians with a regular job don't earn that much money.

And what are you expecting from our Ultras? If we continue to raise the prices, they won't be able to afford their season ticket either. That's why they go on strike. I can understand it, but I think it's too late now anyway.
Fair enough.

Boksic

May 11, 2005

:agree:

Have to agree that each year I have gone the atmosphere hasn't been as good and think people are being priced out. But supply v demand means they can charge the prices the do and still fill the place.

The ultras are important, possibly more than ever in terms of creating an atmosphere. The club needs to keep them happy. But on the other hand, the protests affect the team and they can't expect the club to sign players like Ronaldo and continue to get heavily discounted tickets. I hope a solution is found.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Atmosphere sure isn't improving. Though a lot of it depends on which particular game you're attending. Change seems to be that there used to only be a few games each season where there was a muted atmosphere, where now it seems there's only a few games where there isn't one.

One thing is certain: it's going to get a lot worse. The obvious aim of the club is to get in as many tourists as possible, where 5 guys attending 1 game seems to be preferred over 1 guy attending 5 games.

How long do they honestly think it's going to take for people to stop showing up?
Charging €200 for 1 ticket vs Napoli: you can get away with it a few times, but how long is it going to last?
Personally, I'm sure as hell not going to pay these insane prices, so I'm done with home games for now.

Official statement from the club afaik is that we sold out all available tickets. We always have issue with season ticket holders not showing up

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.juventus.com/it/news/news/2018/juve-lazio----sold-out-.php
Regardless of their press release, tickets were still being sold through regular channels hours before the game was due to start.

I've got a hunch that a lot of the Club DOC's are taking less tickets than they used to. And their unused tickets will end up in the regular sale as well.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

What are my chances of buying 2 tickets for the Inter game this December? Cheapest, worst seats possible. No membership and can't afford it, just a regular Joe.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The stadium is beautiful, such a good experience, sadly ultras are protesting so not consistently loud but when they sing it's very loud

But it was amazing, Torino is a beautiful city as well
The stadium isn't far from the centre of the city either

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
What are my chances of buying 2 tickets for the Inter game this December? Cheapest, worst seats possible. No membership and can't afford it, just a regular Joe.
Napoli game is still not sold out. :lol3:

So I guess chances this year are much higher than the years before. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

The stadium is beautiful, such a good experience, sadly ultras are protesting so not consistently loud but when they sing it's very loud

But it was amazing, Torino is a beautiful city as well
The stadium isn't far from the centre of the city either
Yeah, I thought about you, when there was no atmosphere during the game and when you heard coaches/players shout :rolleyes:

But I'm glad you enyoed it. I love the Torino the city as well :tup:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I can't believe they still have tickets available for the Napoli match. That's kinda sad almost. Maybe I don't need the membership for the Manchester United match, though I can only assume the demand will be higher for it.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Indeed. Fans that genuinely cheer for the club and contribute to atmosphere wont be able to afford tickets, while for suits this is becoming a meeting place and what happens on the pitch is secondary. From a business point of view, we are doing fantastic though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)