J Stadium/Allianz (9 Viewers)

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
AFAIK, when it was built they said it would be relativly easy to expand it by 10-15000
I followed the construction very closely and I never read anything about that from a reliable source. I saw that number being thrown around at a couple of forums a few years back but those saying it never had anything to back it up. It was always something they "heard".

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I followed the construction very closely and I never read anything about that from a reliable source. I saw that number being thrown around at a couple of forums a few years back but those saying it never had anything to back it up. It was always something they "heard".
We "hear" a lot of same stuff from OTM too. :p

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Yup, that's pretty much how I see it. I've NEVER seen a decent source for expandability but have always heard that there's an option for roughly 10K more. I don't know enough about the structure or engineering in general to pass judgment on the feasibility and costs but I still doubt it will happen within the next 5+ years.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The potential income we're losing every year is significant one. Waiting for 5+ years would mean at least 50m of potential revenue lost. I don't believe we'll wait that long. Even with CL we cannot earn more than 50m from tickets. Prices can still be increased but we'll come to a point where further increase will be counterproductive. United for example earn 100m from tickets almost every year. Barcelona and Real about the same. We must improve in every area in order to compete with them. Sponsors, TV rights and tickets are 3 major components of our revenue sources.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Relax there son, and have a goddamn seat

you are talking, like we are selling out all those seats, every game. thats not really the case now is it.

if the average ticket demand is 5k above our current capacity, and we regularly hit peaks were we could have sold out all 10k extra seats

THEN, its a good idea to increase capacity, wich on itself, is quite costly.

currently, we arent even selling out each game

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
The club definitely won't rush a decision like this. There will be a few years of monitoring attendances, feasibility studies and observing the demand for tickets before any big drastic changes are made to the infrastructure. Fifty thousand would obviously make for a nice rounded number, but the ones who make the big calls will need to weigh up the costs of developing the stadium's capacity against the potential increase in revenue and subsequent loss in earnings during any construction work (however little in comparison to the long time benefits). We don't want another Stadio delle Alpi on our hands now do we, even an average forty five thousand attendance in a fifty thousand capacity stadium will be an eyesore. The few hundred or so seats that were left unattended in many of the home games last season really stood out I'm sure you'll all remember?

In other words, calm down children, all in good time..... all in good time :D

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
And if we can't max out capacity during this period of such a wonderful team, winning title after title, you can be damn sure that the moment we take a pause from our conquering ways, attendances will fall off a bit.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Relax there son, and have a goddamn seat

you are talking, like we are selling out all those seats, every game. thats not really the case now is it.

if the average ticket demand is 5k above our current capacity, and we regularly hit peaks were we could have sold out all 10k extra seats

THEN, its a good idea to increase capacity, wich on itself, is quite costly.

currently, we arent even selling out each game
We sold out out 98% of the games in the past 2 years. Some of them were sold out inside 24 hours. You see Zach we sell 27k every year as season tickets. Other 3k are the most expensive ones and those are sold to wealthy individuals or companies. So it leaves us to sell 10k on an actual match day. Not much for a club of our stature.

As for Delle Alppi people should stop trying to draw comparison of that kind. Who ever visited Delle Alppi could have seen what the problems were. Poor transportation at that time which now is massively improved, visibility as you couldn't see the whole pitch from some parts, running track, interior of the stadium, and general safeness. Also one problem were working hours. I remember arriving day before the game and it was closed. Practically only one day in week stadium was open. No other events beside football match. We didn't own Delle Alpi so we never bothered improving stadium or area around. Only minimum effort and money were put in for maintenance. Now situation is very different one. You see the projects that are taking place and some of them are finished like J Museum and so on.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
We sold out out 98% of the games in the past 2 years. Some of them were sold out inside 24 hours. You see Zach we sell 27k every year as season tickets. Other 3k are the most expensive ones and those are sold to wealthy individuals or companies. So it leaves us to sell 10k on an actual match day. Not much for a club of our stature.

As for Delle Alppi people should stop trying to draw comparison of that kind. Who ever visited Delle Alppi could have seen what the problems were. Poor transportation at that time which now is massively improved, visibility as you couldn't see the whole pitch from some parts, running track, interior of the stadium, and general safeness. Also one problem were working hours. I remember arriving day before the game and it was closed. Practically only one day in week stadium was open. No other events beside football match. We didn't own Delle Alpi so we never bothered improving stadium or area around. Only minimum effort and money were put in for maintenance. Now situation is very different one. You see the projects that are taking place and some of them are finished like J Museum and so on.
Good post :tup:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Word. I've been saying this since the 40k figure was announced. Having shit fans is not the reason the Delle Alpi never attracted crowds. Surely we could fill a 60k seat stadium most games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)