Ivica Olic? (aka Olja Gembachev) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Olic is not good enough for Juve
If we do sell Trez then we need someone who can make a great contribution
Eto is good but how much would he ask
also there is Huntelaar

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
unless iaquinta is wanting out to play a starting role elsewhere, then this is just rubbish.

Rakitic would be more useful, but so would another 20 players around the world..but it doesnt mean we are getting them.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
unless iaquinta is wanting out to play a starting role elsewhere, then this is just rubbish.

Rakitic would be more useful, but so would another 20 players around the world..but it doesnt mean we are getting them.
I agree on rakitic. Normally i wouldn't want such an unproven player, but rakitic is an allround talent, and he really has got the skills. In fact, i believe he's constantly being used out of position, yet performing rather well. In NT, he's being used in the neddy-position, and i'd love him to be nedved's 'heir'. I know that he's more of a AM, playing more at the centre, but he's very versatile and i believe he plays just as good on the LMA. In fact, i believe rakitic on the left side is similar to what camo does on the right. Starting as a winger, but cutting into the middle. I'd love having him. Plus, his price apparently has been fixed to 14m euros by schalke, that's not too exagerated in my opinion. Maybe we could go for him, and get the deal done for something around 12-13 million

:agree: since when have we got a player that we really wanted in the last two years?
amauri? sissoko? ekdal? poulsen (he may not have been what YOU wanted, but apparently, we wanted him over xabi)? Come on, don't tell me we're signing players we don't want... this is ridiculous. If YOU don't want them, that's one thing, but that doesn't mean ranieri does not want them. Or do you see ranieri crying every day that we haven't got milito/xabi/flamini?

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
What??? Forwards again?? What they are thinking we don't need mitfieders or defenders or they think that 28 foorwards will strength the team or what? Very interesting, I mean stupid :D. and I don't think that they are going to sell Trez

OP
BarkuZ-yes i am an ass
Mar 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #33
    The Bianconeri have had a busy transfer campaign this off-season but are looking to the future and are conidering bringing in Ivica Olic from Hamburg next year. The club have already added forward Amauri from Palermo this summer and also have Alessandro Del Piero, David Trezeguet and Vincenzo Iaquinta on the books.

Olic likely impressed Juve scouts in their 3-0 drubbing to Hamburg just a few days ago. The Croatian International scored two goals to help down La Vecchia Signora in the Emirates Cup tournament.

The 29-year-old has played for Croatia in their last four major tournaments and was a key member of the Euro 2008 squad, scoring a goal in the group-stages against eventual finalists Germany. Olic has over 50 caps and 10 goals for Croatia and has been a massive success at Hamburg since arriving in 2007, scoring 21 goals.

Olic is a speedy player who usually plays up front, but he has also been used on the left wing due to his versatility and ability to draw in opposition defenders.

His contract with Hamburg finishes next summer, meaning Juventus could pick him up on a free transfer at that time. His arrival would likely result in one of the previously mentioned forwards leaving Juve after this season.

Goal.com BS

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)