Iuliano back in italy (1 Viewer)

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
Calciomercato, Iuliano alla Samp
Stam torna in Olanda a luglio
Novellino si rinforza con l'ex juventino di ritorno dal Maiorca
Ancora nulla di fatto per i passaggi all'Inter di Cesar e Bojinov

Mark Iuliano quando vestiva la maglia della Juve

MILANO - Una partenza per l'estero e un arrivo in Italia nel penultimo giorno del calciomercato di riparazione. A essere venduto è Jaap Stam, che concluso il campionato in corso passerà dal Milan all'Ajax. Ad arrivare è invece Mark Iuliano, che andrà a rinforzare la difesa della Sampdoria: l'ex juventino, 32 anni, ha rescisso il contratto con il Maiorca e ha firmato per la società blucerchiata. Iuliano arriverà a Genova domani pomeriggio e mercoledì assisterà dalla tribuna alla partita di Coppa Italia con l'Udinese. Da giovedì sarà a disposizione di Novellino.

he has joined sampdoria

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
djleli

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2
    Iuliano joy at joining Samp
    Tuesday 31 January, 2006
    Mark Iuliano is delighted at joining Sampdoria after a year in Spanish football. "I will be wearing the best shirt in the Italian League," he said.

The 32-year-old left a prestigious spell at Juventus for the untested waters of Liga football in January when he moved to Primera club Mallorca.

However, the defender failed to settle on the island and, citing family problems, terminated his contract with the consent of the club in preference for a return home.

"I will be wearing the best shirt in the Italian League, there’s no question about that," he said today.

"I’ve always been fond of this side. I was made various offers to return to this championship, but in the end I chose Sampdoria because they made a great effort and went through a lot to sign me.

"After speaking to the directors I realised just how professional they are and I didn’t think twice," he added.

The Cosenza-born stopper made his name in Italy after joining Juventus in 1996, winning numerous honours during his eight years at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

Iuliano is also a former Italian international after playing in 19 games, with one goal, for the Azzurri.

His arrival at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris is likely to see Simone Pavan leave Genoa for Serie B side Bologna.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    I knew he never sould've left Italy in the first place.

I guess he went to Spain to meet Ronaldo once again.

Welcome back, Mark.

Jul 12, 2002
    This is great. Now Iuliano's red cards, poor marking, and bad passing can actually help Juve.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Iuliano was neither here nor there at Juve, never a first team regular but a competent player who alternated between the bench and the starting lineup. Sampdoria matches his ambitions pretty well IMO. it's good to see him back, anyhow. :smile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)