its 12 years later so Italy is gowing to win the worldcup again? (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Gino Genesio said:
at least we have a cool history and future for national team and club teams

england they have a sucky history and a bright future :disagree: in shrek rooney
Yes, I agree, England sucks. They only have Rooney, who is pretty much awesome regardless of his looks, Lampard, who is the best midfielder out there at the moment, Gerrard, who is the second best midfielder out there and has got the best passing skills in the world, Terry, who's not only a great defender but also extremely dangerous on corner kicks and various super subs such as Jermaine Defoe, who is very underrated.

EDIT: If Italy don't win, I sure hope England do. They have a lovely team with great players, both on and off the field. Don't forget Italy has scum like Totti and Cassano.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
it depends what team you have.......ofcourse we say right now there arent many teams who can beat brazil.......if italy plays really well they can win, same with argentina....but well even if brazil doesnt play well, then i dont think australia can win against them......

I mean it depends what players you have and brazil have....you never know, maybe ronaldo and adriano both get injured in the group stage and that would be big loss for them i think.....robinho is still too young and he might have the pressure on.......and even the starting team can be beat like argentina beat them in SA qualification game 3-1......

Italy has to hope no injures will come.... and hope rivals will have injures....(btw who was italy topscorer in wc2006 qualification games?)

I actually hope we wont meet france.....italy is unlucky when it comes to france....

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I hope brazil overconfidents will pay them....would be nice to see italy win against them....after ronaldinho stated there isnt noone else and world cup is already theirs, i just would want italy to give them a lesson....i hope they are too confident.....

Though i dont understand what might motivate them more then other teams like(holland, argentina, italy, germany) because they won the last WC....

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I want Italy to win it! At least once in my lifetime!

I hope Brazil leaves the tournament quickly :)

The top 3 teams i want to win the WC:
1.Italy
2.Sweden
3.Argentina

:D :D :D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Well the rest atleast sould be a little more carefull with Italy this time,
i predict the second and the third place will be covered by europeans

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
the winner is ..................... trinidad (I'll bet 50 euros on them winning the cup and then hope to gain a couple thousand euros )

well dreams are allowed ,aren't they ?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Somebody made some similar calcualtion for Juventus and the CL and somebody made another similar calculation for the EURO, did any of them work?

I thought so too.

OP
Gino Genesio

Gino Genesio

Nov 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #31
    axlrose85 said:
    he is correct.i posted a similar thread a long time back.
    it is weird,but italy's record is identical to that of brazil when u look at the 2 worldcups they played before winning their 4th.

however,that is nothing.check this out :

brazil won its 3rd world cup in 1970 and its fourth in 1994(a gap of 24)
    italy won its 3rd world cup in 1982,add 24 years and u get 2006.

here's the most interesting bit :

8 years before brazil won its 4th world cup ie in 1986,it lost out to france in the quarterfinals on penalty kicks.
    8 years before the 2006 world cup ie 1998,italy lost out to france in the quarterfinals on penalty kicks.

4 years before brazil won its 4th world cup ie 1990,they got knocked out in the 2nd round.
    4 years before the 2006 world cup ie 2002,italy got knocked out in the 2nd round.

it does make for some very interesting reading.
    history was totally in liverpool's favour last year,but ppl said it was only a coincidence.but liverpool ended up winning the CL.

who knows..maybe its italy to prove that its more than a coincidence!
    cool lets hope we are right heeee :agree: :tup: :weee:

OP
    Gino Genesio

Gino Genesio

Nov 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #32
    snoop said:
    Brazil will win it.there is no team that can stop them.
    brazil is a great great team but some overreact about brazil , ok they are cool and have a really cool style of playing football but the ather teams are not so weak compared to brazil and brazil isent that good compared to other teams .

chelsea and Juventus have 2of the best teams of the world and they dont have much brazilians in there teams and chelsea and Juventus are teams that also can beat teams with much brazilian players like real madrid,milan and barca were almost all brazilians are(lithle bit inter with adriano)

they have a super team but i wasent that inpressed by brazil in 2002 i believe that italy could win that worldcup with the same path brazil did i mean with the teams brazil met in that worldcup

brazil are good but can be beaten by for more than 5teams at the worldcup like france,nederland,argentina,italy,germany and some like nedved and co who knows maybe sweden and ibrahimovic can kick some ass agains brazil and yea england bhu they can beat brazil but not at a worldcup england is a update for spain but nothing more spain and england are always midd teams in my eyes and i am not afraid to face them

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
    Yes, I agree, England sucks. They only have Rooney, who is pretty much awesome regardless of his looks, Lampard, who is the best midfielder out there at the moment, Gerrard, who is the second best midfielder out there and has got the best passing skills in the world, Terry, who's not only a great defender but also extremely dangerous on corner kicks and various super subs such as Jermaine Defoe, who is very underrated.

EDIT: If Italy don't win, I sure hope England do. They have a lovely team with great players, both on and off the field. Don't forget Italy has scum like Totti and Cassano.
    Lampard best midfield? i dont think so.............what about Ronaldinho..........Gerrard is a good player but not the best passer of the ball in the world, Andrea Pirlo, Totti and Xavi are superier and as for england having a great team OFF THE PITCH? i dont think you are right about that, some of the england players are very scummy, like terry having sex with a 17 year old girl in his car when he's engaged, Beckham cheating on his wife, Rooney who is a thug and ferdinand, cole and dyer having gangbangs and filming themselves...........such nice people:disagree: ..............FORZA AZZURRI!!!!

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    i guess brazil just has the best team when it comes to scoring...they have many players who can score and also play for scroring....europe teams have only forwards/strikers who score, ok some teams ofcourse have midfielders and defenders also who can score, but brazil probably has the moust of them...and they also play to score...not like other teams who have defensive tactic or only some target man.....well maybe england only also has players (lampard, gerrard, beckham) but england doesnt have so good forwards again.... thats the thing....in football goals are important and brazil has the moust of players who can score....ok maybe defenders doesnt score(lucio maybe only) but midfield(ronaldino, juninho, kaka, ze roberto well and many other guys some younger some older) and also strikers(ronaldo, adriano moustly)

Its like the variety of the squad....they just have so many players who can score.....though there even they would miss some players if they would get injured(ronaldinho, and if ronaldo and adriano both get injured)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Gino Genesio said:
    i am not saying that this is gowing to happen but it would be cool .
    and i truly believe italy have the team this year and coach to do well at the worldcup.
    the last line maybe showed that you believe in that "we will know in few months" ;)

anyway,Italy always had the good players,but something went wrong somewhere, the mentality the players' form etc.. If all those factors on our side,sure Italy can make it with the riight mentality.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I like Italy's NT a bit. But it takes a bit of things going your way to take the title.

I think the debate might be over who gets their fourth star first: Juve or the Italy NT. (Do I smell a poll coming on? ;) )

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Gino Genesio said:
    guys listen,

1970 we lost the worldcupfinal agains brazil

12 years later ............................

1982 we won the worldcup againts germany

1994 we lost the worldcupfinal againts brazil

2006 we win the worldcup againts Germany???

sinds germany is playing at home there is a possibillity that they reach the final and we are playing in europe so that means that an european team is gowing to win it if we look at the history of the worldcup always when we played in europe than an european team wins it so there is an possibillity of an Italia-Germany final ,is it gowing to be Italia-germany and is it gowing to be as sweet as 1982???

in a couple of monts we all know ,what do you guys think about this?

Gino, I hope your right !!!:agree:

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    it's always bad to be the No.1 favourite for the title.. somehow it backfires on you..
    in 1990, the favourites were Maradona's amigos.. but Geramny won..
    in 1994, few has nominated Brazil to win the cup.. poor performance in the qualification stages.. but, they won..
    in 1998, nobody imagined that france would win.. specially after their poor performance in the freindly cup against brazil, england and Italy.. but, france won it.. against the no.1 contender at that time.. brazil..
    in 2002, well, that was the worst tournament ever.. I don't know what the hell happened there, but whatever it was.. it sucked big time..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)