italia vs Czech Republic(22/06/2006) (5 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
buffon and cammo are the best thing about italy today. lippi played very well with his formation and his subs were alot better than those he did in the usa game.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
juve_ruler said:
buffon and cammo are the best thing about italy today. lippi played very well with his formation and his subs were alot better than those he did in the usa game.
Buffon was fantastic as always!
The best keeper,that's it!
In my opinion ,Cannavaro destroyed Czechs tries,and he was one of the best!!!

Forza Azzurri,and let's think about our next opponent!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Ironic that Italy will be coming up against Hiddink at the same stage , 4 years after he did the same with South Korea. To be honest after watching Italy, it will not surprise me if Australia beat them. Australia have been very good and are very physical but they should never put kalac in goal ever again.

For Italy, Pirlo was again excellent if he did give the ball away sometimes cheaply and casually. Gatusso was excellent but he too gave the ball away carelessly too.
Cannavaro was awesome and Matrix who was the best passer of the ball out there today from defence was very good even if he was not severly tested
Why does Nesta always go down with injuries, he is a complete let down in major tournaments.
Buffon was excellent , easily his best performance to date.
Grosso was average, Perrota was good , as was zambrotta unfortunately thats where it end
Totti was very poor, for most of the first half, he hid in the midfield, not supporting Gilardino who again was poor and great that the referee ignored most of the sissy diving by Italian players today. Totti was non existent and the commentators were just saying Italy were playing with 10 men. He is the only play maker who does not run at defences and believe me, if he is Italy's hope, they will not go far as he is not up to it at all.
Camoranesi is just an annoying player and did not contribute much in the attacking sense
Another major worry for the azzurri is when they counter attack they almost always seem to take the wrong option and it was very sad to see.
Too many times zambrotta was all alone and he was not picked out, they were always trying to go thru the middle especially Totti.
Personally i think he should be dropped with Dp, Toni and Inzaghi leading the attack, with Perrotta, gatusso and Pirlo in the middle

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
One note I wanted to add..

While watching todays game, I got this thought.. The thought that I always get whenver I see Cannavaro play... CANNAVARO IS THE BEST DEFFENDER IN HISTORY.. If not, THE BEST DEFFENDER I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Forza Fabio.

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
congratulations italy
i'm really happy that lippi has played the 4-4-1-1 and i hope he will still use it in the next matches
we suffered the first 15 minutes but after that we controlled the game.
they were all great today and the only exception was gila
verry happy that totti is beginning to get back to his top form
verry verry happy also that pippo scored,i love u pippo
the 3 substitutions were logic and very good and not like the game against usa
last thing about the lobs totti has done:he justified this saying that he had cramps at the end of these two actions and he couldnt do other thing.
forza italia

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
giovanotti said:
Man,you're a legend...you said that 4 hours before the atart of the game.
Bravo!!!!!:tup::pint:
I made the point that Inzaghi would make a difference since game 2, and I guessed correctly, give me a hug boy

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Here are some of the ratings

Buffon: Extraordinary performance by Buffon. He is always there when the Czechs try to fire a shot. Well positioned, with precise judgements to the game to keep the Italian dreams alive. Definitely one of Buffon's best games. 8

Zambrotta: Defensively solid, offensively invisible in the 1st half, but slowly improves as the game goes on, making rapid outbursts of his pace and crucial passes. AT least it is much more comfortable to see compared to Zaccardo. I still prefer him in the left 6.5

Cannavaro: Most possibly the best defender in the world. His existence made Baros and the whole Czech attack compartment frustrated all night long as he is always there in the right place and in the right time and making crucial tackles as well. He even consoled Nedved after the game. Even managed a volley to trick the Czechs, but blasted over the bar. Definitely a class player and truly deserve the captain armband. A disciplined and class act by Cannavaro 9

Materazzi: Scored a goal with his head. This guy is either up or down, fortunately he had a brilliant game after coming on for Nesta. Helped his partner Cannavaro in defence and making crucial tackles (1 of which is to deflect Nedved's shot) and headers, but made a mistake of that back header to Buffon when Baros is still in the box. If his performances continue like this, maybe he can be a replacement for Nesta. 8

Grosso: Average game, probably because he is asked to defend more instead of making attacks up front. But then the Czech attack comes from both sides5.5

Camoranesi: As usual, his strengths and his same old problems resurfaced, but he made up for that by providing useful passes and crosses, which is definitely needed. 6.5

Pirlo: Excellent game by Pirlo. Italy definitely has no more question marks about him since he has been an excellent player for these 3 games. Despite giving the ball away, he made up by his defensive duties and passes the ball away when making a counter attack. 7

Gattuso: Conceded a stupid yellow card, Rino's dominace in the defence is really crucial as well. Run like a warrior battling like no tomorrow.7

Perrotta: Played out of position in the beginning, probably because he needs to shut down the right side of the field, however as game play goes on, his performance improves, but he can improve in decision making. Blasted the ball over by a few metres. 6.5

Totti: I see the down side of Totti in the 1st half, but I see a slight improvement of him in the 2nd half. Made crucial passes and crosses, and even faked the entire Czech defence, only for Cannavaro to blast the ball over. Overall, not what I expect from a playmaker. 6

Gilardino: Why is he on the pitch when he can't offer anything? Smart move for Lippi to take him off and replace him with Inzaghi. 5.5

Inzaghi: Did what he was supposed to, but he sqaundered 2 easy chances. 6

Referee: Amazingly, he had a good game, and the red card was justified as Polak doesn't even bother to defend himself when he knows that he has done something stupid to jeopardise his team. Didn't get conned by players that fall onto the ground so easily.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I was disappointed with Totti today..

he may be out of form, BUT, if you get opportunities to fire at the net with NO defenders around you, you have to at least make it a challenging shot

Totti had feathers for feet today

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Vinman said:
I was disappointed with Totti today..

he may be out of form, BUT, if you get opportunities to fire at the net with NO defenders around you, you have to at least make it a challenging shot

Totti had feathers for feet today
This is worrying as not only Totti, the whole attack compartment didn't perform up to expectations, and the next stage is more dangerous. This is the time where the attack really needs to buck up, or risk an early elimination. Yes I even think that Australia is capable of doing anything, especially with Hiddink at the helm, when Italy can't finish

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Morra10 said:
damn crazy ass marco materazzi scores the game winner. . ill bet noone even expected him to even be on the pitch. his 1st goal for his country is big. lil italy in toronto is going nuts. i just came from their and it was a special thing crotia or austrilia i dont kare who it is. pippo played good and totti played good in the second half.

i still remember everybody wondering why lippi would take materazzi and their was a video of him being a bad ass..........seems like until now i was the only one that liked him a little bit.

good game overall....forza ITALIA
Yeah, but Materazzi is still a douche bag. :groan:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Totti got 5,5 in la gazzetta... I would have given him 3. You can mishit once, but a 2nd ridiculous "cucchiaio" and a 3rd awful shot is too much. Get that joke out of the national team ASAP, he's making it a lot harder for the 10 other players.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
since when the hell was that foul second-yellow-in-the-first-fucking-half worthy??

A big FUCK YOU to FIFA for ruining the game and robbing the fans who paid thousands of dollers to see the matches by instituting a policy of giving out cards for breathing from the wrong fucking patch of air.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)