[ITA] Serie A 2011/2012 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Bit of a 'boy who cried wolf' scenario, unfortunately, because of all the cheats and con artists throughout the game who replicate the look of someone dying of a heart attack when they get their hair pulled or a kick on the shin on a weekly basis.
:agree:

The ref isn't obliged to stop the game unless the player has a head injury. The ref unfortunately just followed the rules.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Morosini had 'three cardiac arrests'
By Football Italia staff

Piermario Morosini “suffered three cardiac arrests in quick succession,” but there are reports of delays in getting the ambulance on to the pitch.

Italian football has been suspended this afternoon after 25-year-old Livorno midfielder Morosini collapsed 31 minutes into the Serie B game with Pescara.

“Unfortunately, they tell me he had suffered three cardiac arrests in quick succession,” explained Pescara President Daniele Sebastiani on TMW.

“I am without words. It is a tragedy, you cannot die at this age on a football field.”

There is now controversy and accusations, as there was a delay of at least six minutes in getting the ambulance on to the pitch at the Stadio Adriatico.

It is reported a traffic police car was parked across the emergency entrance, preventing the ambulance from coming through.

There were images of Livorno players rushing through to practically drag the stretcher towards Morosini. It is also not clear whether a defibrillator was present in the arena, but medics were applying CPR.

The tragedy occurred in Pescara, who lost goalkeeping Coach Francesco Mancini only two weeks ago to a heart attack at the age of 43.

Morosini had a tragic family history, as he lost both his parents and his brother also died in an accident. He grew up in the prestigious Atalanta youth system and was an Under-17 Italian international.
:( really tragic story.

Death can reach one at any time, age is no factor.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
People die every day. Life goes on.

Have a minute of silence or a band on the arm or something. Why cancel every match...
How can you guys expect all professional football players actually play today or tomorow when one of their own just freakishly died on the pitch. You can't expect every player to be mentally in a game after that.

Why am I trying to explain this to anyone is beyond me. This isn't something you "wear an armband" through. People will want to mourn, etc. This guy probably had plenty of friends in both A and B.

tyouto

catenaccio
Aug 8, 2011
I am simply expressing my opinion, i do not see any benefit from postponing the game, and i don't see any sign of respect in it because probably the hypocrites bashing me now would have switched their tv's to La Liga or EPL if there was any decent game going on after riding their high horses online or are you guys planning to boycott football this week and stay home?
it's not about the fans it's about the players! FFS!

Just imagine hearing that someone you knew or played together with just died doing what you're supposed to do in 30 minutes. It's gonna fuck up your brain.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
17 civilians were executed and and had their corpses burned by US soldiers some weeks ago.

Don't remember anyone crying over those people. And no public minute of silence.
:lol:

You just mixed up two completely different stories. But I'm sure they mourned in Afghanistan.

The world may not stop to mourn for an Italian football player, but if Italy decides to then who are you to say otherwise?

---------- Post added 14.04.2012 at 14:19 ----------

Exactly what fucking bugs me here.

Kids die in Somalia everyday should we suspend all sports for good?
Do they play sports in Somalia? Is football stopping the entire world over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)