[ITA] Serie A 2011/2012 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I mean it does not make any sense, ok a player died god knows i felt sad about it, but why the hell cancel all the games? i would have got it a little bit if they had just canceled today's games but tomorrow as well? that's stretching it a bit too much.

We already had some bad news, why contribute in totally ruining the football weekend for everyone? also the league is in it's final stages and Milan were going today with some disadvantages, what if one of their injured players return to play in a round where he wasn't supposed to? also i don't see not playing football today as a sign of respect since these same teams will probably be playing 2 days later.
The advantages and disadvantages apply to everyone, we have several players who are one yellow away from suspension, what if they get a yellow card against Cesena and miss out against Roma? That way we don't have anyone suspended against Roma. FIGC took this decision our of respect to the player, his family and friends and that's about it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't think many footballers in Italy will really want to play today or tomorrow. Losing one of your own isn't easy and not to mention out of respect for the player his family and his teamates.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Some of the ppl is preying to postpone a match if one of the key player is out for any reason
And same ppl get upset when the very same match called off/postponed because of a young player died on the field
What a sarcastic and pathetic world
Yes. ^ Well said.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Morosini had 'three cardiac arrests'
By Football Italia staff

Piermario Morosini “suffered three cardiac arrests in quick succession,” but there are reports of delays in getting the ambulance on to the pitch.

Italian football has been suspended this afternoon after 25-year-old Livorno midfielder Morosini collapsed 31 minutes into the Serie B game with Pescara.

“Unfortunately, they tell me he had suffered three cardiac arrests in quick succession,” explained Pescara President Daniele Sebastiani on TMW.

“I am without words. It is a tragedy, you cannot die at this age on a football field.”

There is now controversy and accusations, as there was a delay of at least six minutes in getting the ambulance on to the pitch at the Stadio Adriatico.

It is reported a traffic police car was parked across the emergency entrance, preventing the ambulance from coming through.

There were images of Livorno players rushing through to practically drag the stretcher towards Morosini. It is also not clear whether a defibrillator was present in the arena, but medics were applying CPR.

The tragedy occurred in Pescara, who lost goalkeeping Coach Francesco Mancini only two weeks ago to a heart attack at the age of 43.

Morosini had a tragic family history, as he lost both his parents and his brother also died in an accident. He grew up in the prestigious Atalanta youth system and was an Under-17 Italian international.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
What the hell was the ref doing in that video?!?! Could he not hear the 2 Livorno and 1 pescara player screaming for help?
He seems like a stubborn, he should be held accountable for his actions, wouldn't mind if he gets suspended, in such occasions few seconds can make a huge difference. Also, apparently a police car blocked the ambulance from reaching faster to the location. Complete mess

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Can't really blame the ref. He couldn't have know the player was having a heart attack. So tragic though, I'm sure he'll be haunted anyway.
Gotta find a way to raise awareness and lower the response time to this stuff. Someone should have been on that guy much sooner than it was.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
don't act like a $#@!head.
I am simply expressing my opinion, i do not see any benefit from postponing the game, and i don't see any sign of respect in it because probably the hypocrites bashing me now would have switched their tv's to La Liga or EPL if there was any decent game going on after riding their high horses online or are you guys planning to boycott football this week and stay home?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Can't really blame the ref. He couldn't have know the player was having a heart attack. So tragic though, I'm sure he'll be haunted anyway.
I'm not blaming the ref, as I don't think that even if he had reacted sooner, it would have changed anything. I just find it pretty odd that he can't hear 3 players screaming out to him for help

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I mean it does not make any sense, ok a player died god knows i felt sad about it, but why the hell cancel all the games? i would have got it a little bit if they had just canceled today's games but tomorrow as well? that's stretching it a bit too much.

We already had some bad news, why contribute in totally ruining the football weekend for everyone? also the league is in it's final stages and Milan were going today with some disadvantages, what if one of their injured players return to play in a round where he wasn't supposed to? also i don't see not playing football today as a sign of respect since these same teams will probably be playing 2 days later.
A respect and class is above everything. If you are not feeling bad, it doesn't mean all feels same way as you do. We are talking about human's life for god's sake.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Juventus offer condolences to Morosini family
April 14, 2012

Italian football is today mourning the tragic death of Piermario Morosini, the Livorno player who suffered a heart attack during this afternoon’s Serie B fixture at the Stadio Adratico in Pescara.

All associated with Juventus Football Club send their sincere condolences to the player’s family.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
He had three cardiac arrests
FI
Piermario Morosini “suffered three cardiac arrests in quick succession,” but there are reports of delays in getting the ambulance on to the pitch.

Italian football has been suspended this afternoon after 25-year-old Livorno midfielder Morosini collapsed 31 minutes into the Serie B game with Pescara.

“Unfortunately, they tell me he had suffered three cardiac arrests in quick succession,” explained Pescara President Daniele Sebastiani on TMW.

“I am without words. It is a tragedy, you cannot die at this age on a football field.”

There is now controversy and accusations, as there was a delay of at least six minutes in getting the ambulance on to the pitch at the Stadio Adriatico.

It is reported a traffic police car was parked across the emergency entrance, preventing the ambulance from coming through.

There were images of Livorno players rushing through to practically drag the stretcher towards Morosini. It is also not clear whether a defibrillator was present in the arena, but medics were applying CPR.

The tragedy occurred in Pescara, who lost goalkeeping Coach Francesco Mancini only two weeks ago to a heart attack at the age of 43.

Morosini had a tragic family history, as he lost both his parents and his brother also died in an accident. He grew up in the prestigious Atalanta youth system and was an Under-17 Italian international.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm not blaming the ref, as I don't think that even if he had reacted sooner, it would have changed anything. I just find it pretty odd that he can't hear 3 players screaming out to him for help
Bit of a 'boy who cried wolf' scenario, unfortunately, because of all the cheats and con artists throughout the game who replicate the look of someone dying of a heart attack when they get their hair pulled or a kick on the shin on a weekly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)