[ITA] Serie A 2011/2012 (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Agree with what Alen & red said, Messi would have a much tougher time in Italy than Spain.

I remember few years ago Barcelona played a game against Fiorentina and for the first time ever I've seen Messi "really" pissed off during a game. He still played great in that game but it was clearly much harder for him to have the freedom that he had in Spain. Even though he played against average defenders like Gamberini and co....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The best thing about Boateng being out for at least a month and Aquilani being out at the same time period is that Milan will play 6 matches between Coppa and Serie A and three of those will be against Udinese, Lazio and Napoli.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Seeing Henry in our jersey is weird, I remember being excited about his signing when I was younger, who's decision was it to get rid of him? Ancelotti's or Moggi's?

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Didn't Henry say something like "I'll never tell anyone what happened in Juve" or something?
With the World Cup in his hands and the world at his feet, Henry was transferred to Italian sleeping giants Juventus in January 1999. Much has been made of his brief tenure in Turin, and the decision to play him as a wide midfielder - the thoroughbred expected to work like a donkey for a team that was underperforming. It was a disaster. "When I arrived Juventus were sixth or seventh in Serie A and they thought I would be the saviour," Henry recalls. "But everyone was having a bad time, even Zinedine Zidane. I played in 13 games out of 16 and to be honest I only played well in three of them!"

Henry laughs but there is clearly more to his nightmare half-season in Italy. Did Juve feel wrong? "Not really," he says, "but Italy was very different and things behind the scenes were not right … things that have nothing to do with football, you know?" No Thierry, I don't. "And you don't want to know! Maybe if I had more time there things might have been different, but I had to go and I don't regret that. In the long-term it made me stronger." He refuses to elaborate on what happened behind the doors of the Stadio Delle Alpi, but whatever it was it made Henry's mind up to leave. "Straight away after what happened at Juve," he says enigmatically, "I told the board: 'Don't even try to set me up with another team. I want to go to Arsenal.'"

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2012-01/06/thierry-henry-interview/wenger

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
With the World Cup in his hands and the world at his feet, Henry was transferred to Italian sleeping giants Juventus in January 1999. Much has been made of his brief tenure in Turin, and the decision to play him as a wide midfielder - the thoroughbred expected to work like a donkey for a team that was underperforming. It was a disaster. "When I arrived Juventus were sixth or seventh in Serie A and they thought I would be the saviour," Henry recalls. "But everyone was having a bad time, even Zinedine Zidane. I played in 13 games out of 16 and to be honest I only played well in three of them!"

Henry laughs but there is clearly more to his nightmare half-season in Italy. Did Juve feel wrong? "Not really," he says, "but Italy was very different and things behind the scenes were not right … things that have nothing to do with football, you know?" No Thierry, I don't. "And you don't want to know! Maybe if I had more time there things might have been different, but I had to go and I don't regret that. In the long-term it made me stronger." He refuses to elaborate on what happened behind the doors of the Stadio Delle Alpi, but whatever it was it made Henry's mind up to leave. "Straight away after what happened at Juve," he says enigmatically, "I told the board: 'Don't even try to set me up with another team. I want to go to Arsenal.'"

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2012-01/06/thierry-henry-interview/wenger

sleeping giants? we were the best team in the world, and what this donkey bullshit, who writes this shit, oh and fuck henry

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I read an interesting article recently about statistics in football, better than the usual article that doesn't actually have anything new or interesting in it. Anyway I'll try to dig it up and post it, but one thing that stuck in my mind was that one of the scouts or managers interviewed talked about the magical 7 meters-per-second. Essentially they looked for players that could reach that speed regularly, as it is a better indicator of ability and contribution than for example, meters run per 90 minutes. They specifically mentioned Henry, saying that he almost always reached 7 meters per second when he ran in a match, and how that was much more important than his top speed or whatever. Which of course makes sense, he's a fast fucker. It was only later when I was kicking the ball around with my brother that I realised how bloody fast that actually is

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I read an interesting article recently about statistics in football, better than the usual article that doesn't actually have anything new or interesting in it. Anyway I'll try to dig it up and post it, but one thing that stuck in my mind was that one of the scouts or managers interviewed talked about the magical 7 meters-per-second. Essentially they looked for players that could reach that speed regularly, as it is a better indicator of ability and contribution than for example, meters run per 90 minutes. They specifically mentioned Henry, saying that he almost always reached 7 meters per second when he ran in a match, and how that was much more important than his top speed or whatever. Which of course makes sense, he's a fast fucker. It was only later when I was kicking the ball around with my brother that I realised how bloody fast that actually is
That's not that fast for a professional athlete tbh, it translates to slightly over 15 mph. Pretty sure Henry can crack that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)