[ITA] Serie A 2010/2011 (80 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Does anyone think we'll have 3 straight wins this season with just 12 games remaining? If Del Neri doesn't manage it, he should be fired regardless of making the CL or not.
I think if we want to challange for that fourth spot Juve need to win a minimum of 10 of those 12 games and draw two. In other words, it's over.

Our only hope is the fact Lazio are having three very difficult games in a row. Udinese this week, Palermo next week and against Roma (derby) the week after that. They could lose a lot of points in those three games and if we do it right for once we can close that 7 point gap.

Buy on AliExpress.com

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I think if we want to challange for that fourth spot Juve need to win a minimum of 10 of those 12 games and draw two. In other words, it's over.

Our only hope is the fact Lazio are having three very difficult games in a row. Udinese this week, Palermo next week and against Roma (derby) the week after that. They could lose a lot of points in those three games and if we do it right for once we can close that 7 point gap.
Doesn't matter, we've seen that scenario many times before. Even if they did drop points we will too.

Nothing suggest that this team Is progressing or getting better.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #15,303
    Antonio Cassano laughs off comparisons between Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Edinson Cavani. “Let’s not joke around. Ibra is on another level.
    Monday’s big match sees leaders Milan welcome second place Napoli in a Scudetto clash and Cassano gave a long interview to the Corriere dello Sport in preparation.

“Are we under pressure from Napoli? No, here at Milan the only pressure is our blood pressure,” smiled the striker.

“I don’t care what Inter and Napoli want. I do not fear anybody. This Milan is not afraid and it shouldn’t be, as it is the strongest team, without doubt.”

When asked who was the better player right now between Ibrahimovic and top scorer Cavani, Cassano had no hesitation.

Let’s not joke around, what kind of a question is that? Cavani is a good player, but he reminds me of Igor Protti at Bari. He needs to be more consistent. Ibrahimovic is on another level.

The best I ever played with was Ronaldo, followed by Zinedine Zidane, then Ibra and Francesco Totti on a par.”

There are reports Cassano will be dropped for Monday’s game in favour of Alexandre Pato, who scored a sensational goal against Chievo.

Pato is the absolute best and I told him that. Only Leo Messi is better and the two together would be incredible to watch. I immediately got along with Ibrahimovic, as me and Zlatan are two totally crazy guys, so we are similar. Pato is more of a little boy and quite shy.”

Cassano joined Milan during the January transfer window after two months frozen out of Sampdoria following a blazing row with President Riccardo Garrone.

“Looking back to what happened four months ago, I would pay out of my own pocket to avoid the mistake I made with Garrone. He was the person who showed me the most affection in the football world and he really didn’t deserve what I did to him.”

Football Italia

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    Claudio Ranieri broke his silence to blast the Roma players. “I became the only scapegoat, but now they’ve got to prove themselves. I should’ve left in June.”
    The tactician resigned last Sunday and made way for Vincenzo Montella, hoping a change would shake up his hometown team.

“This term I had become the only scapegoat at Roma. Now the team is there, on their own, and it’s up to them to prove themselves. I resigned out of love for Roma and this city,” he told TG1.

“Sadly, this year personal interests prevailed over those of the team. When we talked in the locker room, everyone agreed that we had to rotate the squad. Then as soon as someone was substituted...

“Now that I am no longer there, though, someone still has to go on the bench.”

He was referring to numerous incidents when players were visibly irritated and disrespectful on the touchline, including Francesco Totti, Mirko Vucinic and Marco Borriello.

“What mistakes did I make during my year and a half at Roma? Perhaps not having left in June...?”

However, the Coach rules out suggestions that a group of players were pushing against him and performing badly on purpose.

“I don’t believe that. There are players who give 110 per cent with a Coach, then don’t 'click’ with another. I think a good Coach should try to make the most of his players’ characteristics, but when I was a player, I also pushed to understand what my Coach wanted from me.

“I was not a champion, but my motto during my playing days was 'never give in.’ Players should be lions who have to be held back, but this year I was disappointed that at Roma not everyone had that spirit.”

Ranieri famously kept David Pizarro out because of fitness issues, yet the Chilean played the entire match under new boss Montella.

“We had decided he’d play against Genoa, then that morning the medic told me his back was hurting. I don’t want to believe he said that to avoid playing. That would be an issue of professionalism towards the club that pays your wages and the fans.

“No, that would be beyond any issue with the Coach. Pizarro had a terrible season with this chronic knee problem. I cannot accept any suggestion he was unprofessional.”

Ranieri’s time in Italy has been somewhat complex, as he was fired by Juventus with two games left in the season and felt pushed out of the Giallorossi.

“In football there is Heaven and there is Hell, each can choose which is which. Compared to England, this is Hell,” the former Chelsea manager told TG1.

“I want to train again. England does fascinate me, but I also like Serie A.”

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
    May 26, 2009
    Bologna's coach
    Malesani: 'This can't be the real Juve'

Alberto Malesani tried to reassure Juventus after his Bologna inflicted an embarrassing defeat. “It’s impossible that this is the real Juve.”

The Rossoblu had not won in Turin since October 1980, but emerged with a 2-0 result thanks to Marco Di Vaio’s brace.

“Before the game I said we had to play with focus, great vigour and tactical precision,” said the Coach.

“We did that in the first half then and ran very few risks then, as usual, we improved after the break. Plus when Marco plays like this, we can scare anyone.

“A manager has precious little to do with a player like Di Vaio. Maybe I just found some good positions for him to start from.

“I also want to compliment the referee. If only it was always this way, then the small clubs might have some hope of similar results.”

For the Bianconeri it is a disaster and their second consecutive defeat after the 2-0 loss at Lecce.

“It seems impossible to me that this is the real Juve. Perhaps it is a psychological block that is making them play this way. I like Juve, in my view they bought some real champions and once they break through that mental block, they’ll be very strong.”

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)