[ITA] Serie A 2010/2011 (94 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Haha, I cant write it much, but man have I watched too anime/Japanese movies/tv series (generally interested in Japan) when I understand you two mofos little convo.

And now to the true question, how much would Kagawa cost :cool:

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Why am i still not buying all the Cavani hype. I think he's a good player and i always thought he was a good player, but he isn't by any means in the top tier of strikers, and i don't believe he can be a goalscorer consistently. He's in red hot form right now, and he's scoring goals for fun, his confidence is high and he might end this season with 20+ goals. But for me he isn't the type of player that can do that consistently. He's got other qualities going for him though, if i am to be fair. He's quite fast, he's a really hard worker which makes him a handful for defenders, and technically he isn't bad.
Are there any specific reasons why you think he can't be a consistent goalscorer?

IMHO, I see him with good goalscoring skills (so far has scored with right foot, left foot, headers, from long distance, after dribbling, as a poacher, from tight angel, acrobatic goals...) and high football IQ. He is hardworking. I don't get why he can't keep improving.

If your reason is he didn't score as many goals before. Actually he has always been a profited goalscorer for his age. In U-20 south america youth tournament, he was the top goalscorer. And for two continous Serie A seasons, he was one of the top 6 goalscorers in Serie A (08-09 season 14 goals in the 4th place, 09-10 season 13 goals, in which he scored 9 goals in the second half of the season, for the first half the whole team played badly with Zenga and he spefically had a two months of very bad time due to some reasons) without being Palermo's main panalty scorers (Miccoli was). The only other youngster (<23) who had scored a good bunch of goals for continous seasons was Pato. Few strikers have been top goalscorer in Serie A before the age of 23 actually.

Furthermore, he has scored against all top teams in Serie A when in Palermo and though not being a topscorer like now, his goals were mostly decisive. He just wasted some very easy chances, which might have to do with his position on the pitch (often as a side-midfielder as in Uruguay NT, alla Kuyt) and his tireless running and defending which made him exhausted when reaching the penalty area to shoot. This half season in Napoli he hasn't scored much against top teams though, which is something he needs to improve now.

I see him difficult to be a target man type of striker though (then again it is difficult to predict, for instance, Gilardino wasn't a target striker when he was young). Cavani's strength is his constant movement anyway, which makes him hard to be marked and can create space for his teammates. In a team that plays counter he will be very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)