OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13,242
    Thats absolutely disgusting..
    100%

It is even more than disgusting. Shame on Milan fans for waving such a goodbye for a man who has served them more than a lifetime. Shame.

I wouldn't imagine our fans doing the same towards Del Piero. That's not how you re-pay your Captain for 23years of loyal and honest work.

As a Juventus fan and as an admirer of Football Legends, I would like to thank Paolo Maldini for being a big part of myself for loving this game.

Players like Maldini and Del Piero are rare, and you don't always get to see players with their attitude, class and being loyal for all these years.

All the best, Paolo.

Aug 1, 2003
    Maldini slams Milan boo boys
    Sunday 24 May, 2009
    Paolo Maldini’s final San Siro match was marred by a protest from the fans. “I’m proud not to be one of them.”

The captain was making his last appearance in the stadium, his 901st in official competition for Milan, as he will hang up his boots at the end of the season.

The game with Roma began with the entire stadium holding up banners hailing the symbol of the Rossoneri for the past 24 years.

However, as he went to perform a lap of honour after the final whistle, a small group in the Curva Sud staged a protest.

They held up banners and chanted the name of Franco Baresi, who wore the armband before Maldini took over in 1997.

“There is only one captain,” said these supporters. The reaction clearly irritated Maldini, who left the field without giving interviews.

As he left the arena he only made one comment to the media referring to these protestors.

“I am proud not to be one of them.”

There was tension at San Siro as President Silvio Berlusconi was in the stands to watch a 3-2 defeat to Roma, which leaves automatic Champions League qualification in the balance.

Many more protests and banners were aimed at the patron, who is accused of not spending wisely on the transfer market.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Imagine Chiellini payed off the whole section to do this :evil:

Seriously tho, now all those grandpas will think twice before committing their careers to these cunts, which is good :D

PS Can't believe he didn't cry yo, Pirlo did tho.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)