[International Champions Cup] JUVENTUS vs LA Galaxy (August 3rd, 2013) (4 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
So he is pretty mad about the pathetic performance ?

Maybe he tought they didnt put enough efford in it.

But honestly, a meet and greet, isnt that mostly for the fans, and not the players to enjoy ?
It's kind of unfortunate he had to do that to the fans. Especially oversea fans that can't really go see the team many times a year, if at all.

On the bright side though, it can only mean he got the message. Friendly or not, Playtime's over. The team needs focus.

Buy on AliExpress.com

VUCIMata10

Apr 5, 2013
So he is pretty mad about the pathetic performance ?

Maybe he tought they didnt put enough efford in it.

But honestly, a meet and greet, isnt that mostly for the fans, and not the players to enjoy ?
Yea exactly, they had a contest and the winners got to do that, but i guess not for the last game. I really dont know what hes trying to say by doing that because the players really probably could care less about that

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Juve should do an Asian tour. Matches are easier and you make more money in the long run.
Depends who we are playing, of course. If we are playing other European sides or the top sides from Japan, Korea or China it won't be any easier than the US tour.

Oct 23, 2011
With all due respect, but i'd rather play more physical and tougher opponents than those Vietnamese or Indonesian teams during pre-season to have a better idea of the physical condition of the players. For this same reason i would have loved us to play Madrid, but unfortunately Pirlo didn't felt like kicking a penalty :D.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
If these pre season matches were primarily about fitness and preparing for the season, they wouldn't be in the USA or Asia. They're all about $.

addya.wikrama

May 22, 2009
Hey guys, it was our (Indonesian) National Team that u were talking about.. Don't be so harsh, would u? :D But yes, the fact is they got beaten heavily by teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, etc.. It hurts.. But honestly, I'm sure I wouldn't be too disappointed if our NT getting beaten by Juventus, if that means we got the chance to see our beloved Juve in our country.. Yes, I know.. Some Everton fans would call us a fake fan, since we're not even Italian.. :(

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Is it the national team or a league representative team? The league team is going to be even easier to play, as they have been thrown together for one game. Much like how Roma easily beat the MLS All-Stars.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
If you look at the past 5 years, football coverage in the U.S. has changed radically. Once an outpost only for the freaks and people who never use deodorant in this country, overseas football has practically become mainstream here. ESPN -- The biggest, original sports-only network here -- has created an ESPN FC and is starting to show awareness beyond just the EPL, Barca, and Real Madrid. New cable sports networks are appearing and signing contracts for leagues such as Ligue 1, Serie A, etc. Even the domestic MLS is earning a small modicum of interest.

ESPN is even now covering games in English of the Mexico NT. Meanwhile, the Spanish-language stations in the U.S. have dedicated football shows and Tweeting fans in support of the USMNT. Unheard of just a year ago.

Now is the time to cash in on the U.S. market for international football.

addya.wikrama

May 22, 2009
Thanks for making me feel better, @JuveJay.. :D My bad.. It was under the name of best league selection, or All Star, or Indonesian XI but mostly there were our National Team Player, Senior and some U-23 player, who got the chance to experience playing against some big-names in football..

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
If you look at the past 5 years, football coverage in the U.S. has changed radically. Once an outpost only for the freaks and people who never use deodorant in this country, overseas football has practically become mainstream here. ESPN -- The biggest, original sports-only network here -- has created an ESPN FC and is starting to show awareness beyond just the EPL, Barca, and Real Madrid. New cable sports networks are appearing and signing contracts for leagues such as Ligue 1, Serie A, etc. Even the domestic MLS is earning a small modicum of interest.

ESPN is even now covering games in English of the Mexico NT. Meanwhile, the Spanish-language stations in the U.S. have dedicated football shows and Tweeting fans in support of the USMNT. Unheard of just a year ago.

Now is the time to cash in on the U.S. market for international football.
Not only ESPN, i pay for the sports package and there's Goal HD, Bein HD, Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus, ESPN Deportes/English and Espanol....Those channels stream Football matches from all over the world all day long, all the big European and South American leagues are covered. 5 years ago you'd be lucky to get a single channel and it'd only show a proper Football match once in a lifetime.

The football marketing in the US has grown like crazy. They have the 5th league with the best average crowd attendance worldwide.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Was at the LA game on Saturday. Other than the shite performance and no meet and greet, I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised that the icc was able t convert dodger stadium to give it a footy vibe along with decent pitch. I collided with our Juve SoCal group in th right field pavillion. We kept the chants going which overshadowed the crap we witnessed. We even got featured on the Juve site.

Juve need to fix their PR abroad. Facebook, YouTube and the other social sites won't cut it. We need more interaction and at least some effort ala Madrid in friendlies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Was at the LA game on Saturday. Other than the shite performance and no meet and greet, I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised that the icc was able t convert dodger stadium to give it a footy vibe along with decent pitch. I collided with our Juve SoCal group in th right field pavillion. We kept the chants going which overshadowed the crap we witnessed. We even got featured on the Juve site.
No meet & greet? Well, you could have them camped out for a week and still not get one. So no loss there, eh?? ;)

Juve need to fix their PR abroad. Facebook, YouTube and the other social sites won't cut it. We need more interaction and at least some effort ala Madrid in friendlies.
Is that Badass holding up the scudetto? :pado:

Nice job representing, guys.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
How was Operation Get On The Bus?:D
Remember that?? Such a lifetime 007 opp bro hahaha. I couldnt this time since I had a few other friends with me and our wives. Plus Juve was being real dickish with the fans this time around.

No meet & greet? Well, you could have them camped out for a week and still not get one. So no loss there, eh?? ;)

Is that Badass holding up the scudetto? :pado:

Nice job representing, guys.
Pitbulls cuz represented with the fedora and chain dead center. There was also this senorita (bottom left) sporting the old Kappa kit that sprung every ones offside trap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)