[Int Champs Cup] JUVENTUS vs Calciopoli Directors(August 6, 2013) (43 Viewers)

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
i can see us playing 4-2-3-1 with champions league with:

buffon

litchsteinr barzagli bonucci chiellini

vidal pogba

pepe marchisio vucinic

llorente

if we play counter attacking football like dortmund i think we can win the champions league.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Almost anything can happen in CL including us crashing out in the group stage. Winning it? I can't see it.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't see Chiellini or Ogbonna as lb for such a big game, Chiellini is best as a dominating physical defender in the center

Litch-Barza-Chiellini-Peluso
Peluso? I would rather play Ogbonna there. Actually I would play him there. He offers more solidity. Peluso is only decent as LWB.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
i don't see why we can't at least be top 4 in CL. look, chelsea has a top manager but they have a lot of inexperienced players, bayern have been midwashed by pep guadiola with his "system" ( hence the 4-2 loss against dortmund), dortmund have lost gotze and lewadolski wants to leave, man city keeps spending their money on quite good players instead of world class players, man u have a CL inexperienced player (moyes) and he will probably struggle, Arse-anal have no chance, barcelona have still got a shitty defence. the only team i see as well prepared is real madrid but they did lose their depht in the squad with napoli buying players from them but if they get bale then they can challenge for the CL. juve is also quite well prepared but it all counts on how well tevez and llorente bond together.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It is only natural that our run and gun sort of football stopped, we gained confidence back, teams aren't as aggressive with us, we are more patient. I think people look at that first season and look only at the positives, we were incredibly frustrating as well, all those draws.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It is only natural that our run and gun sort of football stopped, we gained confidence back, teams aren't as aggressive with us, we are more patient. I think people look at that first season and look only at the positives, we were incredibly frustrating as well, all those draws.
Yes those draws but all also those clear cut chances missed. Lazio game for example where we barely won thanks to DP free kick but prior to that their goalkeeper did wonders. We played better football no doubt about it. Those first 6 months were amazing.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yes those draws but all also those clear cut chances missed. Lazio game for example where we barely won thanks to DP free kick but prior to that their goalkeeper did wonders. We played better football no doubt about it. Those first 6 months were amazing.
We also had no CL.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
We also had no CL.
But did it make that much difference? We had great movement in the final third. I'm not talking about 352 or 433 bs. Entire year we played great football. Joy to watch compared to last year. No matter of formation 424, 433, 4141 or 352.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
But did it make that much difference? We had great movement in the final third. I'm not talking about 352 or 433 bs.
Of course it does, because you can't throw everything into one game per week. You lose out both physically and in terms of focus.

Aside from that of course is the fact that we are no longer challengers out to prove ourselves, like we were in that season. Our boldness and freshness was helped by us not being considered favourites, we caught a lot of teams out with our transformation from defeatist zombies to a positive side with high tempo. It stands to reason that we will struggle to replicate that again. I'm not saying we won't, but I think the CL and how Conte operates the side means that we'll see less of it.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Of course it does, because you can't throw everything into one game per week. You lose out both physically and in terms of focus.

Aside from that of course is the fact that we are no longer challengers out to prove ourselves, like we were in that season. Our boldness and freshness was helped by us not being considered favourites, we caught a lot of teams out with our transformation from defeatist zombies to a positive side with high tempo. It stands to reason that we will struggle to replicate that again. I'm not saying we won't, but I think the CL and how Conte operates the side means that we'll see less of it.
Something is very wrong with us then, if it's a matter of fitness that's preventing us from playing at a higher tempo when the other top teams around Europe can do it.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

I doubt it made that much of a difference through the entire season. Of course we could all see Serie A games after CL and it's understandable why we lost to Milan or Roma immediately after playing CL matches but overall we played dull football. Pirlo's free kicks and some penalties saved us occasionally from embarrassment. Motivation you say? It could be. But we became predictable as well. We lack plan "B" and I don't consider plan "B" as throwing an extra forward when we chase the result.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)