Imposing Transfer caps (2 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
well with teams going crazy in transfer market and inflating the price of average players is ruining the market.

FFP is never going to work.

but what about a transfer cap?

say for example UEFA imposes a transfer cap of 50 million. it doesnt matter how many players you buy. you can buy one or a hundered, but you cannot exceed 50 million per season.

you think such a system would work?

i think it would stop teams like monaco and man city from ruining the market

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'd be keener to see a salary cap.

At least when the money being thrown around is transfer fees it is mostly staying in football.

The vast amounts going in salaries to players and agents are lost to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm still waiting to see what's going to happen when FFP is fully operational before passing judgement, though it certainly doesn't seem to be having much of an impact as things stand.

OP
Lion

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3
    yes a salary cap could potentially work too, though how would it impact current salaries?

also imo teams could get around salary caps by imposing "comissions" and bonuses and sponsor deals, if it is not regulated and ruled carefully

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
    I felt the whole purpose of the FFP was so that clubs don't go bankrupt through excessive spending from borrowing and debt and that spending money from owner's equity is allowed. But seems everybody else thinks otherwise and that the purpose was the cap spending altogether, in addition to parity of revenues and expenses. Can someone please link me to an official FFP purpose.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    yes a salary cap could potentially work too, though how would it impact current salaries?

also imo teams could get around salary caps by imposing "comissions" and bonuses and sponsor deals, if it is not regulated and ruled carefully
    The proposed salary cap for Serie B set out definite limits for a player's basic wage and for his bonuses. I don't like that way of limiting it, though. I'd be setting a limit of, say, 60% as the maximum proportion of it's revenue that a club could spend on wages.

I guess the bit that could difficult would be around high-profile players who get a cut of what they bring to a club in terms of merchandising.

I've no idea how I would go about setting the level for a limit on transfer fees.

- - - Updated - - -

I felt the whole purpose of the FFP was so that clubs don't go bankrupt through excessive spending from borrowing and debt and that spending money from owner's equity is allowed. But seems everybody else thinks otherwise and that the purpose was the cap spending altogether, in addition to parity of revenues and expenses. Can someone please link me to an official FFP purpose.
    Article 2 –
    These regulations aim:
    a) to further promote and continuously improve the standard of all aspects of football in Europe and to give continued priority to the training and care of young players in every club;
    b) to ensure that clubs have an adequate level of management andorganisation;
    c) to adapt clubs’ sporting infrastructure to provide players, spectators and media representatives with suitable, well-equipped and safe facilities;
    d) to protect the integrity and smooth running of the UEFA club competitions;
    e) to allow the development of benchmarking for clubs in financial, sporting, legal, personnel, administrative and infrastructure-related criteria throughout Europe.

Furthermore, they aim to achieve financial fair play in UEFA club competitions and in particular:
    a) to improve the economic and financial capability of the clubs, increasing their transparency and credibility;
    b) to place the necessary importance on the protection of creditors and to ensure that clubs settle their liabilities with players, social/tax authorities and other clubs punctually;
    c) to introduce more discipline and rationality inclub football finances;
    d) to encourage clubs to operate on the basis of their own revenues;
    e) to encourage responsible spending for the long-term benefit of football;
    f) to protect the long-term viability and sustainability of European club football
    http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/80/54/10/1805410_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Some general guidance stuff here:

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    well with teams going crazy in transfer market and inflating the price of average players is ruining the market.

say for example UEFA imposes a transfer cap of 50 million. it doesnt matter how many players you buy. you can buy one or a hundered, but you cannot exceed 50 million per season.

Didn't you make fun of me for saying that US is doing sports the right way by implementing caps? :D

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Could do like the NBA does and have Luxury Tax penalties for going over the salary requirements the league imposes.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    Transfer caps/Salary caps is much needed.

Football is out of control nowadays. It needs a correction.

That FFP trash is a pathetic joke.

OP
    Lion

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
  • Thread Starter #9
    Didn't you make fun of me for saying that US is doing sports the right way by implementing caps? :D
    No I was seriouus when I said god bless america. Usa has got the right idea when it comes to makimg all teams competitive

- - - Updated - - -

Could do like the NBA does and have Luxury Tax penalties for going over the salary requirements the league imposes.
    decent idea but I feel this kind of tjing wont matter for oil clubs.

Imo transfer caps males sure clubs dont get an unfair advantage offering money.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    No I was seriouus when I said god bless america. Usa has got the right idea when it comes to makimg all teams competitive

- - - Updated - - -

decent idea but I feel this kind of tjing wont matter for oil clubs.

Imo transfer caps males sure clubs dont get an unfair advantage offering money.
    It would probably have to be some form of salary cap in part with a luxury tax on transfer fees.

In American sports, there is no such thing as a transfer fee. So everything counts against salary.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    Salary caps are stupid, they force good teams who develop players to become stars to sell them, even big teams since they can't fit all of them into the salary cap.

Also, if you make a mistake and offer a player a big contract, you'll be fucked. Imagine if we had Amauri and Iaquinta clogging the salary cap while at the same time not being able to keep Vidal, Marchisio, Pogba etc etc because we can't afford to offer all of them them the improved deals they deserve under the salary cap.

pibull1986

Reggae Boy
    Oct 26, 2009

Imho if the solutions given are financial related (like FFP or salary cap), it will not stop clubs like city,monaco and co. from ruining the market or the 'fair competitiveness' of football....I thought FIFA's 6+5 or 7+4 system wud have made a real difference....it really is a shame it didn't get the proper support to take off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)