Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (98 Viewers)

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Wasn't saying he's inept cos he didnt do as I said, I said it cos its true. Yes we did equalise after his changes, my point was why replace a creative player when your losing? Ranieri made 2 wasted subs, swapping Giovinco & De Ceglie was prettymuch like for like. The subs made not much difference, Del Piero could've taken the corner as well as Giovinco.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm No Mummy's Boy, Says Del Piero

Alessandro del Piero hit back on Tuesday after Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli ordered him to raise his game ahead of next Serie A season – and warned that the club can no longer afford to treat him like a "mummy’s boy".

Cobolli Gigli hit out after one of the highest-paid player in Italy lost form last month, a development blamed in many quarters for the Turin side's inevitable Scudetto defeat to Inter.

He said: "We were very prudent with Del Piero last month. We protected him quite a bit, but next season he will be treated just like the others. If he doesn't play well, he won't get picked."

The striker dismissed Cobolli Gigli's "mummy’s boy" jibe but acknowledged that he deserved no special treatment in a team packed with talent. The Azzurri star said: "What Cobolli Gigli was talking about is valid for all players, not just me. If you don't play well, you don't deserve to play – that’s obvious. Sure, I receive affection from the club, but I have never asked for it."

Del Piero added that he did not feel under extra pressure to justify his vast salary, thought to be worth around £70,000 a week.

"It's right that Juventus want more from me," he said. "But my contract isn't a problem and I don't think that Agnelli said anything about that. My contract not only concerns football but my commercial value and I think that Juventus get value for money from me."

"There is a powerful connection between me, Juventus and the supporters," Del Piero said. "Now we have a great team, stronger than last season.

"I have to play better, that’s true. But I'm relaxed. All the luck came my way for a few years when we won everything, now I’m due some more."
Source?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Fuck the coppa elimination. That goal was worthy more than some silly Coppa.

Full of anger, power, technique (and spiced with an amateurish mistake by De Silvestri :D ). Great goal from a great footballer.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
When Del Piero came in at the 60th minute I told my friend, "ok 30 min, 4 goals needed". Four minutes later he scored the goal. I honestly believed we could have made it. Maybe with some other "fortune" we could have.

Aug 17, 2007
you cannot expect him to play better when the whole team sucks , we got no midfield and he does all by himself. and yet, when he's in the box and recieves a ball (something that don't happen often because of our midfield) he's so dangerous, like yesterday.

great goal, true legend, bad team, awful coach.

forza ale

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
It shows how heartbroken he is by the results we are achieving.

I know and I'm 100% sure most of you will look at me as a biased person, but I have to say it, without this man, we look like one sorry club.

I know we have played bad matches with him starting, but I always feel we are not the same team without him on the field.

His presence just makes the difference.... at least to me.

Great goal Capitano.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)