Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (46 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Del piero is an Idol as a player not as a person, so why you feeling something extraordinary communicating with him personally. I can only feel that watching his play.

anyway it's your but anyway these are your choices love him as a person or not ;)
Del Piero is an idol full stop, you cant just consider him an idol as a player because he is a person before he is a player, if he wasn't the person he is then he wouldnt be the player he is, it's the whole package not just the playing side.

Anyway you dont have to like him as a person, although i find that very strange considering that he is a club legend and that he stuck with us in serie b when he very easily could have turned his back on us, i suppose you dont dislike ibrahimovic as a person to fall in line with this. But you have just said he is a footballing idol so your contradicting yourself saying that it isn't a big thing to meet your idol. What's the point in having an idol if meeting them or seeing them isn't special?

Maybe you need to reconsider your username, because fan is short for fanatic and by your comments about him you certainly aren't a del piero fanatic...

I'm not saying your wrong as your entitled to your opinion, it's just quite an unusual one so dont feel like i'm attacking you because i'm not, i'm just trying to understand you

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
No one said you were gay, man. The word 'love' can be used with a non-romantic meaning too, you know )
I was just joking about gay, but seriously I'm talking about simple thing you can love him only as a player not as a person. do you get my point?? How you can love the person whom you don't even know and he is good in his playing but not personal qualities and personal behaviours. He is just great football player for me and that's all and I'm happy only to watch him playing football and nothing else including communicating.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Del Piero is an idol full stop, you cant just consider him an idol as a player because he is a person before he is a player,
How you know that? you don't even know him my friend. You don't have any tight relationships with him and you are not a friend of him so why you are making such assessments?? I can't love someone pesronally whom I don't even know quite well personally.

if he wasn't the person he is then he wouldnt be the player he is, it's the whole package not just the playing side.
I'm sorry, but you are not right there is no dependencies between personal qualities and player's level. I know many great sportsmens who are not quite good personally

Anyway you dont have to like him as a person, although i find that very strange considering that he is a club legend and that he stuck with us in serie b when he very easily could have turned his back on us, i suppose you dont dislike ibrahimovic as a person to fall in line with this. But you have just said he is a footballing idol so your contradicting yourself saying that it isn't a big thing to meet your idol. What's the point in having an idol if meeting them or seeing them isn't special?
No, I've said that it isn't big thing to meet your footballing Idol personally, but it is big thing to watch him playing on the field ;)

Maybe you need to reconsider your username, because fan is short for fanatic and by your comments about him you certainly aren't a del piero fanatic...
I've said already that I have my own meaning of word "fan" ;) this means I'm fan while watching him playing

I'm not saying your wrong as your entitled to your opinion, it's just quite an unusual one so dont feel like i'm attacking you because i'm not, i'm just trying to understand you
Not at all bro ;) I think it's absolutely normal to arguing on the forum

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
How you know that? you don't even know him my friend. You don't have any tight relationships with him and you are not a friend of him so why you are making such assessments??

I'm sorry, but you are not right there is no dependencies between personal qualities and player's level. I know many great sportsmens who are not quite good personally

No, I've said that it isn't big thing to meet your footballing Idol personally, but it is big thing to watch him playing on the field ;)

I've said already that I have my own meaning of word "fan" ;) this means I'm fan while watching him playing

Not at all bro ;)
first of all i said he is a person before a player, i dont have to know him personally for that, playing football is only his job.

2ndly there are dependancies between personal and player qualities, if del piero as a person didnt have the dedication and determination he has he would never have recovered from his knee injury. If he didnt have such a strong mentality then he wouldnt be able to perform in high pressure matches and big games. If he wasn't such a strong leader he wouldnt make such a big difference to our team as a whole. If he wasn't so passionate he wouldnt give the same that he gives in every game. These are PERSONALITY traits which effect professional level, they are not his playing qualities but they do directly effect it. Being a footballer isnt just about how well you can shoot, pass, dribble or take a free kick.

3rd thats you opinion, although meeting them personally is a million and one times better than watching them play.

I understand you have your own defenition of fan but i find it hard to believe that as soon as the full time whistle goes you dont care about del piero or any of our other player anymore as you have no personal attachment to them.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree but it has been interesting getting your idea's on the topic :tup:

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
first of all i said he is a person before a player, i dont have to know him personally for that, playing football is only his job.
Ok, he is a person, but since you don't know how is he personally (good or bad or ..) and don't have any relationships with him it shouldn't be important for you it's my personal opinion.

2ndly there are dependancies between personal and player qualities, if del piero as a person didnt have the dedication and determination he has he would never have recovered from his knee injury. If he didnt have such a strong mentality then he wouldnt be able to perform in high pressure matches and big games. If he wasn't such a strong leader he wouldnt make such a big difference to our team as a whole. If he wasn't so passionate he wouldnt give the same that he gives in every game. These are PERSONALITY traits which effect professional level, they are not his playing qualities but they do directly effect it. Being a footballer isnt just about how well you can shoot, pass, dribble or take a free kick.
Don't agree with you absolutely these are different things you can be dedicated to your job as a professional, but be a negative person the same time and I know a lot of examples as I've said. So It's not an indicator and furthermore making an Idol from his person is too much for me :D. You just can't make such conclusions without knowing him it's not enough. and I can't love anybody personally without making some kind of relationships with him and it's normal.

3rd thats you opinion, although meeting them personally is a million and one times better than watching them play.
It's up to you ;)

I understand you have your own defenition of fan but i find it hard to believe that as soon as the full time whistle goes you dont care about del piero or any of our other player anymore as you have no personal attachment to them.
I'm glad that you exactly catch my point, that's it. may be it's hard to believe for you but it's true.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree but it has been interesting getting your idea's on the topic :tup:
same to me bro ;)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
to intervene ...

i think you can not deny that the fact del piero stayed with juve in serie b does point to very strong values (like the statement that a gentleman does not leave his lady). so these values are something of the character ... tought most probably by his parents and this has nothing to do with football ... still it does affect the way he plays and behaves in his profession ...

the way other players (except torino idiots) speak of alex says it all ... you want get any personal respect if you are an asshole on personal terms...

if the knowledge of del pieros strong moral values does justify loving him is on another paper

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
to intervene ...

i think you can not deny that the fact del piero stayed with juve in serie b does point to very strong values (like the statement that a gentleman does not leave his lady). so these values are something of the character ... tought most probably by his parents and this has nothing to do with football ... still it does affect the way he plays and behaves in his profession ...

the way other players (except torino idiots) speak of alex says it all ... you want get any personal respect if you are an asshole on personal terms...
Ok regarding the fact that he didn't leave Juve, you also should take into account that in the age of 32 may be there was no prospective and interesting proposes for him that's why he stayed. you can't exclude this, we never know, but even if it wasn't so this one behaviour doesn't makes him an Idol personally. Are you so easily making Idols from the people?
after this you can say "Ok, good behaviour from him" and that's all.

I mean dedication(more for uknown reasons and even for known) for his club doesn't mean that he should be your personal Idol and I know several dedicated great sportsmans in other kinds of sport, which are rubbish persons in the tight friendly relationships so don't say that professional qualities are in relatiion with personals.

As of "the way other players speak", other pleayers.. other people can speak whatever they want, you only can assume may be wrongly moreover you don't know the people who are saying that and it's also some kind of public speaking etiquette saying good things about great player, you can have your own point of view and make final assessment only after you are personally familiar with his personal qualities. and to making an Idol from his person the much, much more is needed ;)

finally, may be he is a good guy, but guys It's not enough to make him idol and even considering yourself and somebody happy and lucky receiving his signature and communicating with him. In this case I should be happy communicating with my good dentist neighbour and asking for his signature and making him my Idol :D, because he is dadicated for his company and because his old neighbours, whom I never know, said in iterview that he is a good guy.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Del piero is an Idol as a player not as a person, so why you feeling something extraordinary communicating with him personally. I can only feel that watching his play.

anyway it's your but anyway these are your choices love him as a person or not ;)
lol, you make no sense at all. What are you trying to hit here?

Del Piero has been my childhood hero since 14years now, you trying to say when I see him off the pitch I shouldn't even bother to take his autograph or a picture with him? I see, next time we should try to enter the pitch and take a picture with him while he's running.

i think he is saying that unless you have his cellphone number and you guys hangout, dont call him alex. he is right.
:lol:

that dude has to be the weirdest poster around.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
my good dantist neighbour and asking for his signature and making him my Idol :D, because he is dadicated for his company and because his old neighbours, whom I never know, said in iterview that he is a good guy.
you did that too ?

man, that was great ... i got 20 bucks on ebay for the signature of my dentist ...

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
I'd be more than happy talking to Del Piero. What's the problem?
Have I metioned any of my problems here???
I wouldn't be happy that's all ;) I'm only happy to see him playing football ;)

lol, you make no sense at all. What are you trying to hit here?

Del Piero has been my childhood hero since 14years now, you trying to say when I see him off the pitch I shouldn't even bother to take his autograph or a picture with him? I see, next time we should try to enter the pitch and take a picture with him while he's running.
How old are you my friend? do you till believe in heros??
yes I think you shouldn't even bother to take his autograph and picture, but go ahead take the picture ;) I don't see this problematic if you'd like ;) I just would like to express my opinion.

:lol:
that dude has to be the weirdest poster around.
it seems so :rofl:
but I hope you have democracy here :D

What the fuck is a Dantist? Is that like some guy who does Dans for a living?

No offense but I'm an anti-dantite then.
sorry, dentist :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)