Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (67 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
laffayette said:
I hope he's fit :)
According to Didier, he is:)

DD cools promotion talk
Friday 22 September, 2006
Didier Deschamps insists it is too early to think of Serie A promotion after inviting his Juventus side to focus on their next match with Modena.

The Bianconeri seem to have finally adapted to their new Serie B reality and are looking for their third straight win after the convincing 3-0 win at Crotone.

“We’re only at the beginning of the championship, we will need to wait a couple of months before we start talking numbers and tables,” said the Frenchman.

“Every side, even the favourites, can potentially lose every game if they don’t go out there with the right spirit – so I want my team to remain focused,” explained the Bianconeri boss.

“Modena were a strong team last year and I was impressed by their match against Genoa. They have high-quality players and are dangerous when they counter-attack.”

The Coach cannot count on Igor Tudor and Nicola Legrottaglie, but will field captain Alex Del Piero after he recovered from his Achilles problem.

“Del Piero is available. His injury wasn’t serious, just a minor inflammation that needed treatment and he’s been back in training since Wednesday,” said Deschamps.

However, the tactician concedes it’s unlikely that the captain will be able to deal with 90 minutes and could be alternated with Valeri Bojinov during the tie.

“It is never easy for me to choose who will go on to the pitch, but all players must give their best – no matter if they play 10 minutes, half an hour or a full game at a time.

“I don’t like to think of a real Juve and a Juve made of reserves, I’m happy to pick those whose physical condition is better.”

Deschamps is pleased to see that Jean-Alain Boumsong is finally integrating after his debut with the Bianconeri did not meet the supporters’ expectations.

“He had a strange run up to the season, playing only 45 minutes for Newcastle and 60 for France,” noted the former Monaco boss.

“He still needs time to adapt to the Italian way but I am sure his performance against Crotone [when he scored] will boost his confidence.”

laffayette

Jul 11, 2006
Azzurri7 said:
According to Didier, he is:)

DD cools promotion talk
Friday 22 September, 2006

The Coach cannot count on Igor Tudor and Nicola Legrottaglie, but will field captain Alex Del Piero after he recovered from his Achilles problem.

“Del Piero is available. His injury wasn’t serious, just a minor inflammation that needed treatment and he’s been back in training since Wednesday,” said Deschamps.
Thanks for the info, Rab. :tup:

Yay for his return!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 63)