Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (53 Viewers)

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
In my opinion, I think he should go to the MLS. I don't give a shit about if you think the MLS is boring, soccer (football, I know) is the most growing sport in the nation at the moment, where as other countries, its the main sport there if not top three. Why wouldn't you want to join a movement and help grow a sport in a nation that is already dominated by others? I would view it as a great achievement if I moved to America and was able to help sell, advertise, and increase football's popularity. I think in any other league besides MLS, he'd go there strictly for a paycheck. In the MLS, I think he would still paly against some good opposition and have a better time. Plus he loves the US apparently.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Ale's chapter as a player for Juventus is closed.

he should be our global ambassador now, spreading the gospel of La Vecchia Signora to shores untouched.
This.

It would be beyond awkward if he comes back as a player. Not only because we already said bye bye to him in a very emotional day, but because after the circus his return would cause and the shirt sales... he would return to the bench and play NEVER, because to be sincere, Conte will never play him and del piero himself said once h doesnt want to be an icon of the bench, but a protagonist. On top of that...we all know he is not in the best of relations with Agnelli.

The idea is so absurd is not even worth thinking hard on it.

But i would totally love to see him returning as pasrt of the board,,,, which i think is even less likely.

Aug 17, 2007
I'm worried about the MLS schedule: the regular season ends on October. Ale won't join the MLS before July - he needs time to think, plus he flies to Brazil as part of Sky Italia team for the World Cup. If he signs with a team from the MLS in the summer, he'll have 3 months left before season ends. I'm not sure he wants that. Waiting for next season means no football till March, way too much. Kinda tricky.

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand, Japan - The league goes on a break 3 weeks from now until mid-July, to allow the national team the best preperation to the WC. He could sign there, start playing after he finishes his job for Sky, and taking a relatively short fly to Sydney in August for the allstars-Juve match. The J-League ends only on December, so he can play for 6 months, that's like a full A-League season.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I'm worried about the MLS schedule: the regular season ends on October. Ale won't join the MLS before July - he needs time to think, plus he flies to Brazil as part of Sky Italia team for the World Cup. If he signs with a team from the MLS in the summer, he'll have 3 months left before season ends. I'm not sure he wants that. Waiting for next season means no football till March, way too much. Kinda tricky.

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand, Japan - The league goes on a break 3 weeks from now until mid-July, to allow the national team the best preperation to the WC. He could sign there, start playing after he finishes his job for Sky, and taking a relatively short fly to Sydney in August for the allstars-Juve match. The J-League ends only on December, so he can play for 6 months, that's like a full A-League season.
Very true.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Gazzetta: Ale refused an offer from Lippi's team, will go to Japan\MLS.

Scott McIntyre, who works for Australian SBS network as Asian football reporter, twitted that Ale's agent (Stefano?) has been in Japan, trying to sign with a J-League club.

- - - Updated - - -

I missed reading your posts here :)
Japan would mean watching early games too, but not as early as Australian league. :D

Just like Hoori, I'm logging to this thread always each couple of days. I feel warm here ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 50)