[ICC] JUVENTUS 2-0 Bayern [July 25th, 2018] (3 Viewers)

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #321
    People used to say the same thing about hockey. In the past, hockey players would usually wear numbers from 2-29, goalies would be something like 1 or 30.

Then Wayne Gretzky came along wearing #99 (two 9s for his idol Gordie Howe since 9 was unavailable). Phil Esposito got traded and couldn't get the #7 that he wore for years, so he took 77. Mario Lemieux wore 66 (upside down 99). Jaromir Jagr wore 68 in honor of the 1968 "Prague Spring." Now it's extremely common for guys to wear high numbers and no one really cares.
    Nailed it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    Just saw the game. Imo we were shite. Two goals - first lucky, second nice, long pass from Sandro and easy finish by Favilli.

I know this is beginning of season, but our style is so awful... Problem with exchanging passes :sergio:

Good score, though. Lucky, but good :tup:
    Agree.

We barely beat Bayern B, imagine if they had full squad.

Another disapponting season ahead.

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
    Just saw the game. Imo we were $#@!e. Two goals - first lucky, second nice, long pass from Sandro and easy finish by Favilli.

I know this is beginning of season, but our style is so awful... Problem with exchanging passes :sergio:

Good score, though. Lucky, but good :tup:
    :shifty:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    People used to say the same thing about hockey. In the past, hockey players would usually wear numbers from 2-29, goalies would be something like 1 or 30.

Then Wayne Gretzky came along wearing #99 (two 9s for his idol Gordie Howe since 9 was unavailable). Phil Esposito got traded and couldn't get the #7 that he wore for years, so he took 77. Mario Lemieux wore 66 (upside down 99). Jaromir Jagr wore 68 in honor of the 1968 "Prague Spring." Now it's extremely common for guys to wear high numbers and no one really cares.

It will never be like that in football.

Never.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    The fact that 21 is seen as an "important" number here now supports his argument though.
    21 is just a normal number when you have a squad of 25 or whatever. Zidane and Pirlo wore the number here so it's important for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Berna speaks a lot better. @DAiDEViL

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck, watching Allegri speaking english hurts.
    It's frustrating as hell when you know many words in a language but not all, and then try to put sentences together. Makes my head explode.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    21 is just a normal number when you have a squad of 25 or whatever. Zidane and Pirlo wore the number here so it's important for us.

- - - Updated - - -

It's frustrating as hell when you know many words in a language but not all, and then try to put sentences together. Makes my head explode.
    But that's what I'm saying he's saying though :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)