[ICC] JUVENTUS 2-0 Bayern [July 25th, 2018] (2 Viewers)

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #312
    Because I'm looking forward to another exciting player wearing our #21 for example. I care :D
    What if said exciting player wears #43, would that make him less exciting because of his number?

No.

calma

- - - Updated - - -

Would Del Piero have been less exciting if he wore #86?

No.

calma

- - - Updated - - -

If Jerry Rice didn't have #80 would he have been less exciting to watch for the Niners? NO!

c-a-l-m-a

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    What if said exciting player wears #43, would that make him less exciting because of his number?

No.

calma

- - - Updated - - -

Would Del Piero have been less exciting if he wore #86?

No.

calma

- - - Updated - - -

If Jerry Rice didn't have #80 would he have been less exciting to watch for the Niners? NO!

c-a-l-m-a
    You know what, I would say yes, it would make him less exciting back in 1995 and up until he himself made that number cool... but in 1995 it was fuckin exciting to check out this young kid who's wearing Baggio/Platini/Boniperti's number... in the "let's see what he got" kinda way.
    There's a sense of legacy/inheritance in these things.

Maybe, I see more romanticism in football than some.

Jul 20, 2012
    You know what, I would say yes, it would make him less exciting back in 1995 and up until he himself made that number cool... but in 1995 it was $#@!in exciting to check out this young kid who's wearing Baggio/Platini/Boniperti's number... in the "let's see what he got" kinda way.
    There's a sense of legacy/inheritance in these things.

Maybe, I see more romanticism in football than some.
    I'm with you, these high number kits like 30+ to me is very strange. I don't like so @Hustini I am not calma

unnamed

Dec 13, 2015
    Just saw the game. Imo we were shite. Two goals - first lucky, second nice, long pass from Sandro and easy finish by Favilli.

I know this is beginning of season, but our style is so awful... Problem with exchanging passes :sergio:

Good score, though. Lucky, but good :tup:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    I blasted Cancelo but the last part with inDa he got much better. Good job :beppe: :fab: I will shut up about him if he continues to get better. Yes, it's only 1 friendly game and we haven't seen him at RB or tested defensively.
    Listen to me. He'll be good for us @Bianconero_Aus

Cancelo babbyyy :tuttosport:

JuveMerica

Jul 14, 2017
    I'm with you, these high number kits like 30+ to me is very strange. I don't like so @Hustini I am not calma
    People used to say the same thing about hockey. In the past, hockey players would usually wear numbers from 2-29, goalies would be something like 1 or 30.

Then Wayne Gretzky came along wearing #99 (two 9s for his idol Gordie Howe since 9 was unavailable). Phil Esposito got traded and couldn't get the #7 that he wore for years, so he took 77. Mario Lemieux wore 66 (upside down 99). Jaromir Jagr wore 68 in honor of the 1968 "Prague Spring." Now it's extremely common for guys to wear high numbers and no one really cares.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)