"I support Muslims who love freedom" (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Where exactly do you find any contradiction?
DO you believe in the right of self-defense or not?
I didn't say it was a contradiction. I'm saying what Siamak posted and what I posted are supposed to be the same verse but they say different (not contradictory) things.

Also I'd be interested to hear what you and others have to say about the second part of my previous post

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
I $#@!ing love this!

I remember talking with one friend about christianity. Whenever he was having a hard time - "next time come sunday, we could ask our priest about it". Or some other more knowladgable guy.

Man oh man, those were some agitating moments I remember. At least know what you believe in if you are playing missionary who knows life's secrets.
He did the right thing, nobody is perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

That's different to what is says here: http://quran.com/5/33

:confused2:
"The following was revealed when the ‘Arniyyūn came to Medina suffering from some illness, and the Prophet (s) gave them permission to go and drink from the camels’ urine and milk. Once they felt well they slew the Prophet’s shepherd and stole the herd of camels: Truly the only requital of those who fight against God and His Messenger, by fighting against Muslims, and hasten about the earth to do corruption there, by waylaying, is that they shall be slaughtered, or crucified, or have their hands and feet cut off on opposite sides, that is, their right hands and left feet, or be banished from the land (the aw, ‘or’, is [used] to indicate the [separate] application of [each of] the cases [listed]; thus, death is for those that have only killed; crucifixion is for those that have killed and stolen property; the cutting off [of limbs on opposite sides] is for those that have stolen property but have not killed; while banishment is for those that pose a threat — this was stated by Ibn ‘Abbās and is the opinion of al-Shāfi‘ī; the more sound of his [al-Shāfi‘ī’s] two opinions is that crucifixion should be for three days after [the] death [of the killer], or, it is also said, shortly before [he is killed]; with banishment are included similar punishments, such as imprisonment and the like). That, mentioned requital, is a degradation, a humiliation, for them in this world; and in the Hereafter theirs will be a great chastisement, namely, the chastisement of the Fire."

http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp...No=33&tDisplay=yes&UserProfile=0&LanguageId=2

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
The point is the Quran was revealed in stages over 23 years and not all at once. In each verse there is a story behind it.
Okay I'm not questioning the meaning of the verse... I'm saying Siamak posted a graphic of verse 5:33 and I posted a link of the same verse showing that it said something completely different

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Okay I'm not questioning the meaning of the verse... I'm saying Siamak posted a graphic of verse 5:33 and I posted a link of the same verse showing that it said something completely different
Like Mo' said, it's hard to understand something when you've randomly walked into a chapter with no background. That being said, a simple analogy I can give you here is...X country allows its citizens freedom of movement but if they've a committed a crime for which they're imprisoned for they lose that right so freedom of movement is the law but there's exceptions to it.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Honestly, this doesn't change anything at all :p
Like Mo' said, it's hard to understand something when you've randomly walked into a chapter with no background. That being said, a simple analogy I can give you here is...X country allows its citizens freedom of movement but if they've a committed a crime for which they're imprisoned for they lose that right so freedom of movement is the law but there's exceptions to it.
That's not what I was asking, but it was cleared up with Mo already :D

I'm still curious to know what all you guys think about verses like this in the Quran and say that it's a peaceful book:

(And thou) O Muhammad! (wilt find them) the Jews (greediest of mankind for any life) to remain in this world (and (greedier) than the idolaters) even greedier than the Arab idolaters. ((Each) one of them would like) would hope (to be allowed to live a thousand years. And to live (that long) would by no means remove him) save him (from the doom) if he were to live a thousand years. (And Allah is Seer of what they do) of contraventions, rebellion and what they conceal about the description and traits of Muhammad (pbuh).

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

I'm still curious to know what all you guys think about verses like this in the Quran and say that it's a peaceful book:

(And thou) O Muhammad! (wilt find them) the Jews (greediest of mankind for any life) to remain in this world (and (greedier) than the idolaters) even greedier than the Arab idolaters. ((Each) one of them would like) would hope (to be allowed to live a thousand years. And to live (that long) would by no means remove him) save him (from the doom) if he were to live a thousand years. (And Allah is Seer of what they do) of contraventions, rebellion and what they conceal about the description and traits of Muhammad (pbuh).

i couldnt understand the mambo jumbo above, is it in english? also what a funny approach to learn about a subject you have

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004

i couldnt understand the mambo jumbo above, is it in english? also what a funny approach to learn about a subject you have
Aye. Also, I don't know where you got the translation from but there is no reference to Jews by word in the verse even though that's who it's referring to.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009

Aye. Also, I don't know where you got the translation from but there is no reference to Jews by word in the verse even though that's who it's referring to.
It's from the site Mohad told me is the best resource on the net...
In the link I gave you I have left the option Tafsir Al-Jalalayn book ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tafsir_al-Jalalayn ) for you which is one of the best of books out there for the Quran interpreted, however, I believe you choose the second option which is Tanwir Al-Miqbas book ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanwir_al-Miqbas) and made you confused without bothering to do some researches :D

The verse you quoted is from 2:96, so...

"And you shall find them (the lām of la-tajidannahum is for oaths) the people most covetous of life, and, more covetous of it than, the idolaters, who reject the [idea of the] Resurrection, for the former know that their journey’s end will be the Fire, while the idolaters do not believe even in this; any one of them would love, wishes, that he might be given life for a thousand years (law yu‘ammar, ‘[if only] he might be given life’: the particle law, ‘if only’, relates to the verbal noun and functions with the sense of an, ‘that’, and together with its relative clause explains the [implicit] verbal noun in the object of the verb yawaddu, ‘he would love’); yet, any one of them, his being given life (an yu‘ammara, ‘that he should be given life’, constitutes the subject of the verb muzahzihihi, ‘that it should budge him’ [this verb comes later], as though it were ta‘mīruhu, ‘the giving of life to him’) shall not budge, remove, him from the chastisement, of the Fire. God sees what they do (ya‘malūna may be alternatively read ta‘malūna, ‘you do’), and will requite them. [‘Abd Allāh] Ibn Sūryā asked the Prophet (s), or ‘Umar [b. al-Khattāb], about which angel brings down the revelation, and he replied that it was Gabriel; he [Ibn Sūryā] then said, ‘He is our enemy, because he brings chastisement with him; had it been Michael, we would have believed in him, because he brings fertility and security.’ Then, the following was revealed:"

http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp...No=96&tDisplay=yes&UserProfile=0&LanguageId=2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)