Hong Kong films (1 Viewer)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Does anyone else like Hong Kong films? I have a huge liking for them, even though there not really what you'd call 'my type of movie', but i guess the two 'biggest' at least in terms of coming to the 'west' I have liked alot, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero and the film I watched last night 'House of Flying Daggers' all very good, Ziyi Zhang (I think thats her name) is my favorite actress right now

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I don't really like the 'western' HK movies. The old-school martial arts films were the greatest :thumb:

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
I'm surprised ZhiXin hasn't replied yet. :D

I like Hong Kong movies. One of my favorite is Infernal Affair. It's very good, you should watch it sometime Nakashima. Oh yeah, Zhang Ziyi is hawt.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by pembohong ] ++

I like Hong Kong movies. One of my favorite is Infernal Affair. It's very good, you should watch it sometime Nakashima. Oh yeah, Zhang Ziyi is hawt.
    Well, its just that not a great deal of HK movies come out over here, so I cant really find them.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    Does anyone else like Hong Kong films? I have a huge liking for them, even though there not really what you'd call 'my type of movie', but i guess the two 'biggest' at least in terms of coming to the 'west' I have liked alot, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero and the film I watched last night 'House of Flying Daggers' all very good, Ziyi Zhang (I think thats her name) is my favorite actress right now
    These two are not really Hong Kong films...and funny enough most of us can't stand Ziyi Zhang....:D

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    I guess she appeals to a move western audience maybe, but i like her anyway.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by pembohong ] ++
    Yeah, it had already been a whopping 7 minutes since the thread was created :D

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Well I'm honoured that I'm "invited" to reply to this thread thanks to Miss Nakashima and pembohong.

Basically regarding HK films, I like to watch Infernal Affairs e most. Becos almost all of the cast r from HK. Movies made by Tsui Hark emphasise on action. In fact a part of martial art movies r directed by him. 2nd r films made by Stephen Chow, whose lameness and wacky ideas can make u rofl that's for sure.

WEll there will be a new movie called Initial D, which stars Jay Chou, Edison Chan and many HK stars and a Japanese female leading actress forgot her name though. It is rumoured to be out on June 23. I think ppl who watch the movie r there mainly to watch the cars.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    I dont know if its a HK movie but SHANGHAI GRAND is one of my fav movies EVER, starring Andy Lau. In my life I've only seen it twice and wish I could see more of it
    Andy Lau was in that movie I was talking about HOFD (House of Flying Daggers), he was very good in it!

EDIT: Thing I love most about it is the theme song 'Lovers', sang by someone called Kathleen Battle...

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Can anyone remind me of the name of this Hong Kong movie:

2 sisters, assasins, good with computers, known as the Computer Angel. I liked that movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)