Hernanes (10 Viewers)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
He did well the past 2 games.

But they were dream games for a DM. Zero pressure, a lot of posession, very weak opponents.

I absolutely dont trust him to play against better teams. Vs Lyon and Sevilla I hope Allegri goes with Lemina. But he deserves other chances against minows though. It's clear his confidence is getting back.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
What I like most about him right now is that he's being actually quite intelligence about his positioning, pressure and tackling with good timing. The way he use his body is also more according to a DM position now. IMO he used to move like an amateur and he improves as hell so who knows, he just need have consistency and we'll see

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think his intensity has picked up a bit. I've seen a few pretty rough challenges from him in the past couple appearances. Fully committing to the DM role I suppose.

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
He definitely improved defensively, learned to use his body a bit and positioned himself well. Though I feel he should be a vice-Pjanic rather than vice-Marchisio honestly, but I guess Max thinks he's more tactically sound than Lemina. Shame cause his offensive skillset is pretty great, and it's kind of wasted as regista. Maybe we'll get the most out of him someday, people forget how he carried Lazio. He just had a bad start with us last year and after his stint at Inter his confidence was shot probably.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
He is bad now going forward, doesn't have it anymore, very static. Pjanic is not a sprinter himself, but he can operate in tight space, Nanes dribbles first and then think.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
nah, I mean he is bad just because he is bad at it. In Lazio times he was a great classical AM – not much passing, but running in a free space, beat a man, great shot from both legs etc. But he, as they say in boxing, doesn't have legs to do it anymore, surely can dribble and shot, but can not run.
But yeah, obviously in regista position he doesn't have a permission to operate as Pjanic operates in LCM role.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
My only negative feeling from his performance is that he was afraid to put in a long pass even if the occasion was screaming for it.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
His last few appearances have shown him to be serviceable but on 4m wages we can get better for less. With what he offers, he's just too expensive.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
considering we were offering 4M to Witsel, 3M for Hernanes isnt that much really
Witsel is twice the midfielder. Witsel has played at a higher level. And witsel is 4 years younger. So, huh?

- - - Updated - - -

We'll put witsel on 4 million wages and sign him on a free. Hernanes cost us 11m, 13m with bonuses, and 3m wages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)