HELP with avi file (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Open the file in Virtualdub, then click on File -> File Information. It should have the name of the codec used and other useful info

Hope that helps

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
about 700 Mb........it's "Friday After Next" :p
hmmm... 700 MB... interesting..

yeah!!
i got it. Your problem isn't with the size.. it must be something else. :cool:

;) :D

OP
nosubstitute959
Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    hmmmmmmm.......so you're suggesting that a file could be too small........interesting. :p

Open the file in Virtualdub, then click on File -> File Information. It should have the name of the codec used and other useful info

Hope that helps

Graham, I tried that but couldn't find anything about the codec used.......I'll post an image of it as soon as I get home.

OP
    nosubstitute959
    Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    I'm guessing the XviD mpeg-4 codec has nothing to do with the problem since the video is working fine...........it's the audio that I'm having trouble with.

Please Help.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Ahh crap, I thought it was a video problem. One thing you could try is re-encoding the video and audio streams. Make sure you have full processing mode activated for both A/V. Select your compressor in Video -> Compression and Audio -> Compression, then go to File -> Save as... and choose a new filename. That way Virtualdub will re-write both streams in your chosen format. Hopefully VD can read the audio stream in the first place.

I find it quite odd that you're getting an unknown codec error in the video, I've never really had any major problems with uknown codecs

Ahh crap, I just had an idea i should've suggested ages ago. Try DivFix

If it can't read the .avi at the first attempt, try re-encoding the video as i described, then run DivFix on it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)