HELP ME! PC Rebooting!! (1 Viewer)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
ok, i think is the first time i use this forum, but im in total emergency and im desperate., this is my story.

My pc was full of viruses some weeks ago, but one of the most anoyying concerns was that it rebooted randomly...and this was a pain because i lost a lot of works form the university which were unsaved in the moment of the reboot.

ok, now i have formatted it 3 times,,and this stupid pc keeps rebooting,,, evemn without any virus inside...

when i return to the desktop after the reboot, it send a message like "ur system have recovered from a fatal error"...and sometimes the blue screen of death appears with a message about some harware or software is not instaled properly, and that it is the reason of the system unstability...

I use an Nvidia gforce card but i dont think it is the reason of the problem....
IM very sure that the problem is inside the pc, but im not good with pc problems and im desperate.

a guy told me that it can be something that is not inserted well , but i dont know.

right now im tryng it with another monitor, and it have not rebooted.. but this reboots happen randomly and im still testing this monitor...

so please if someone have any ideas...help me!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Are you backing up your files and replacing them on the computer after you format it?

Not so hot on the video cards, etc. Sorry. :down:

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
I always wanted to say this to a person and be serious about it:

You got worms.

Ever heard of MS Blast? Well, there are variations for it. You need to setup a firewall and then use Windows Update to grab all the crucial downloads before it reboots again.

OP
Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    i used to back them... but after like 3 formattings.. i dont use them in thepc,, to see if they were infected or something, but they are no the cause of the unstability

thanks anyways

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Marty ] ++
    I always wanted to say this to a person and be serious about it:

You got worms.

Ever heard of MS Blast? Well, there are variations for it. You need to setup a firewall and then use Windows Update to grab all the crucial downloads before it reboots again.
    no no in the last 2 format i didnt used firewall.. but now even with firewall i reboot...and how can it be that i get the worm every time i connect to internet.. and just after some secondss of being on¿?

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
    Well, you obviously already have worms on the computer, that's why it's rebooting.

If you can't go to windows update without it rebooting before it's done:

Reinstall, then setup a proper firewall while still offline, then go online and grab the winows updates.

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    i already had all the windowns update vefore going to the net...

is not the usual "ur pc will shut down in 59 secs"... but is like if u pressed the reset button randomly.

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    i already had all the windowns update vefore going to the net...

is not the usual "ur pc will shut down in 59 secs"... but is like if u pressed the reset button randomly.
    I see, probably not a worm then. Might be hardware related or Windows related then. Install Linux. ;)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Marty ] ++
    I see, probably not a worm then. Might be hardware related or Windows related then. Install Linux. ;)
    Of course, if it's a hardware problem, Linux won't help. I'd suggest a physical uninstallation.

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    some moments ago i switched both pcs... mine and my dad´s form their place...

and when i was using my dads in my room...(were mine used to be).. by mistake i hitted the floor fan, which is connected to one of the siwtches where the pc is,,,and it rebooted...well not rebooted, it shutted down..

and when i turned it on again.. the pc went to a black screen with some advises... the same screen i always see when i reboot.

i noticed that when i connectedthe fan to the siwtches.. it sounded like "some electricity" and everything that was connected to the swicthes turned off...

in sumary... maybe the fan is causing some inestability in the electricity that makes the pc reboot because of the changes in the electrical flow...

is not sure but ill continue trying..

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    oh yes i am :down:
    I'd suggest two things:
    1. Get a surge protector.

2. Get an electrician to install a few more plugs in the relevant rooms. Most old houses weren't designed with modern technology in mind.

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

I'd suggest two things:
    1. Get a surge protector.

2. Get an electrician to install a few more plugs in the relevant rooms. Most old houses weren't designed with modern technology in mind.
    i us ethe sutrge protector... but i have it full...and in that surge.... i have an extension,,and in that extension the fan is connected!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    i us ethe sutrge protector... but i have it full...and in that surge.... i have an extension,,and in that extension the fan is connected!
    :eek: Bad plan. See point two in my last.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)