Help Ban oxycontin (2 Viewers)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
It is an a prescription painkiller, an opiate like Vicodin except much more potent and addicting. OC has more than 20 times the concentration of opiates in it that vicodin does.

You watch House right? In the episode where detective Tritter got Cuddy to cut House off from Vicodin the pills he stole from the dying cancer patient was OC.
I see. Well, I trust you on this kind of issue and signed the petition.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #23
    ßüякε;2508402 said:
    We are talking about a bunch of young punk kids who are illegally buying a controlled substance and using it unlawfully, and against the way in which it is supposed to be used.

It's the persons using it, not the drug.

I'll sign a petition twice to ban low IQ dunderheads from living past conception.
    If you don't want to sign the petition then don't but being a prick about it is unnecessary.

This isn't something that just effects dumb "punk" street kids. Buying OC on the street is extremely expensive and abusing it is prevalent in more affluent areas where the kids can afford it. I know people who where smart, had bright futures, dreams and ambitions and instead are pissing their lives away with this shit.

Having a substance abuse problem doesn't make you a retard or someone less deserving of life. Also there are plenty of people who aren't using it themselves who are affected and hurt by its presence.

If somebody you knew got into it you might be able to stand by and feel they deserve what they get watching them kill themselves but I can't do that.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #25
    Call me dumb Kyle but if kids know the dangers then should they not take responsibility for their actions?
    Thats not dumb at all I see your point but many people really don't understand how bad it is and when they try it it becomes a slippery slope.

I can't explain why people get into it or justify it but IMO that isn't a reason to just not care.

Maybe I'm biased because I've seen what this stuff does to people.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    Thats not dumb at all I see your point but many people really don't understand how bad it is and when they try it it becomes a slippery slope.

I can't explain why people get into it or justify it but IMO that isn't a reason to just not care.
    Is it something thats highlighted alot in the press over in Cali? Campaigns about the drug not just the one your posting? If something is highly publicised and the dangers of it are made aware. Then you would be silly to go against better judgement.

However like you said people make mistakes and as a Friend or Family you would support that person.

Jan 3, 2010

Maybe I'm biased because I've seen what this stuff does to people.
    That's the thing. Most people don't have a problem with taking a pill.

Shooting heroine is a different story.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #30
    Is it something thats highlighted alot in the press over in Cali? Campaigns about the drug not just the one your posting? If something is highly publicised and the dangers of it are made aware. Then you would be silly to go against better judgement.

However like you said people make mistakes and as a Friend or Family you would support that person.
    It is starting to end up in the Media that OC abuse is on the rise especially among young people, but the state run anti drug campaigns focus more on illegal drugs even ones that are far less dangerous and addicting.

Massive pharmaceutical companies have a lot of pull in the US and are currently making shitloads of cash on the irresponsible over-prescribing of meds like this so it isn't likely that anything will change.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    They should make it illegal in principle. But that would create a black market for it, increasing the price and making it even more attractive for those same rich kids.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I was prescribed some oxycontin for an injury, and that stuff made me nauseous.

To think about using it recreationally makes me even more so.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #37
    Is "ocean" slang for this stuff?
    No idea, I've never heard it called that before.
    I was prescribed some oxycontin for an injury, and that stuff made me nauseous.

To think about using it recreationally makes me even more so.
    People who use it recreationally don't pop it because it has a controlled release to control at what rate it absorbs into your system so it isn't that potent all at once. Users crush it up and snort it or smoke it so it hits them all at once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)