Heitinga catches serie A eye (1 Viewer)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
by Nadia Carminati
Johnny Heitinga's Euro 2004 displays for Holland have aroused the interest of Italian giants Milan and Juventus.
The Ajax defender's promise has been duly noted by Milan and Juventus, who both appear to be looking to add greater depth to their respective back-lines.

Heitinga only made his international debut for the Oranje earlier this year but his assuredness earned him a place in the squad for the European Championship.

He started the opening two matches of the competition but his sending off against Czech Republic ensured he missed the closing group game and was only used as a substitute against Sweden in the quarter final.

Both Milan and Juventus are expected to have scouts in the stands for Wednesday's semi-final against hosts Portugal, with Heitinga a possible to partner Jaap Stam in the centre of defence.

Another eye-catching display for the Dutch could heighten the interest from Serie A, despite Ajax's likely reluctance to lose Heitinga.

The 20-year-old is under contract at the Amsterdam ArenA until 2007 and Ajax would be loath to lose Heitinga at this stage of the career.

But they will be aware that Milan and Juventus have the financial muscle to put together an attractive package which may prove difficult to resist.

Juventus' need for a defender is more pressing but Milan have been mooted as favourites in the race for Heitinga due to their good relations with Ajax.

In addition, Milan have already secured the services of Heitinga's international colleague Stam for next season and also have Clarence Seedorf on their books

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
:howler: You ignorant fools

I got to watch him all season and I can tell you that Heitinga is class. If you can't see that then you're blind or stupid and that's all I'm going to say about it. :)

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by Freddy ] ++
    He didn't impress me much in Euro 2004
    That's because he is forced to play as rb for the Netherlands, while he plays as central back for Ajax.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    heitinga's good.reliable and incredibly fit,plus he could operate as a wingback with ease.

he'd be a good addition,allowing zamby to return to his natural position.

OP
    Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    Heitinga is a central defender, who only plays as fullback for the dutch, on the right. Can't see what that has to do with Zambo.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
    i dont see anything special in heitinga. let milan get him :)
    Ingoring the fact that Heitinga is in fact very special, you'd still be a fool to let him to go to Milan. First of all, he's miles ahead of any of our defenders, and second, Milan already has the best defense in Serie A, why let them strengthen it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)