hail hail departed heroes (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well i have not seen a thread like this but if there is, i am sorry for the duplication but if there isnt then its a crying shame

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those players who with theri sweat, blood and skill have made Juve , the great club it is today

Thank you very much Alessio Tachinardi for 11 or so years of great service

Ciro Ferrara, you are a legend and one of the all time great defenders in Italian football

Paolo Montero, well you may have been in the twilight of your career towards the end but those who saw you in your pump will not argue too much when i say, you are one of the, if not the best defender i have seen at this club

Honourable mentions to Iuliano, Maresca and anyothers i cannot think of at this point in time

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Yes for 10 years they did nothing but sit on the bench and get paid for it

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    Most of them you mentioned did nothing more then sit on a bench (and get paided for it)
    Tacchinardi: Played in over 15 matches last term, filling in for Blasi then taking over for him when people finally realized the latter was crap.

Ferrrara: Even though he did sit on the bench, Ciro gave insight and pointers to the younger players, and Thuram could still learn from the great Ferrara.

Paolo Montero was basically our only backup central defender last term, playing about 10 matches.

:rolleyes:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Was that a joke, Nicole? They may have sat on the bench towards the ends of their careers but you have to look at what they did prior to that. Ferrara, Montero and Iuliano to a lesser extent were excellent centre backs while Tacchinardi has been a loyal server of the club for over ten years.

Thanks for everything Ciro, Paolo, Mark and Alessio :touched:

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Well i have not seen a thread like this but if there is, i am sorry for the duplication but if there isnt then its a crying shame

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those players who with theri sweat, blood and skill have made Juve , the great club it is today

Ciro Ferrara, you are a legend and one of the all time great defenders in Italian football

Paolo Montero, well you may have been in the twilight of your career towards the end but those who saw you in your pump will not argue too much when i say, you are one of the, if not the best defender i have seen at this club

Honourable mentions to Iuliano, Maresca and anyothers i cannot think of at this point in time
    Agreed in everything except Iuliano..tnx God he left :scared:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Most of them you mentioned did nothing more then sit on a bench (and get paided for it)
    You are incredibly ignorant at times Nicole.. it baffles the mind.

Iuliano, Montero and Ferrara, aka the three musketeers were our back three when we had such a mean defence under Ancelotti. Tacchi has been a loyal servant for absolutely ages, seems like at least a decade!

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

What exactly maresca is doing on a list of our past champions and loyal servants i have no idea... otherwise a good thread

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    You people are so easy to stir up :p

Still it must be a great job, you get all the adulation from playing and get paid LOTS of money. Regardless whether you play or not.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    You people are so easy to stir up :p

Still it must be a great job, you get all the adulation from playing and get paid LOTS of money. Regardless whether you play or not.
    And everyone knows that when you don't play there's no need to come to training every day either ;).

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    things change and we move on, but history is history and a thank you goes to those guys who made juventus what it is now

PREACH!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)