Gym and fitness (14 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Unfortunately, you can’t spot reduce fat and love handles are the hardest to get rid off. You will have to bring down your body fat level by improving your diet.
Do i need to starve or smth? How i improve my diet.

I dont eat fast food. I eat totally normal foods. Rice, pasta, chicken, plenty of vegetables.

Im not quitting sugar though.

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of running do you do?
Weekly.
One long run up to 20-25 km
One sprint run full throttle
Casual run between 7-12 km 2-3x week
All together 4-5 days a week

I was thinking of picking up hill runs. Read they are supposed to be good for fitness training. Like 6-10 x up and down.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Da. Or hill intervals.

- - - Updated - - -

Running at a steady pace and increasing incline like

1m: 2%
2m: 0%
1m: 4%
2m: 2%
1m: 6%
2m: 4%
1m: 8%
2m: 6%
1m: 10%
2m: 8%

Did wonders for me. I lost 4kg the last month and have no issues with sheen splints even though I'm running 5x per week.
What speed are you running on throughout this?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Weekly.

I was thinking of picking up hill runs. Read they are supposed to be good for fitness training. Like 6-10 x up and down.
Also sprints. Run 20 secs as fast as you can followed by 10 secs rest. Repeat 10 times.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

I dont eat fast food.

- - - Updated - - -

Weekly.

Basically, you eat less calories than normal but still highly nutritious foods while maintaining the same level of running/other exercises.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

I dont eat fast food. I eat totally normal foods. Rice, pasta, chicken, plenty of vegetables.

Im not quitting sugar though.

- - - Updated - - -

Weekly.

All that running will make you lose more muscles than fat.

You either do HIIT or LISS, preferably the first 3x weekly after you finish heavy lifting.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I never run or do "cardio", i still swam 400 yards in less than 6 minutes, if you lift right you will lose fat with the right diet, just gotta be patient

Cardio is good for your cardiovascular health (I have a rowing erg) but I found once you do cardio to cut then your hunger increases just by the amount of calories you spent with cardio. Just makes it harder

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I never run or do "cardio", i still swam 400 yards in less than 6 minutes, if you lift right you will lose fat with the right diet, just gotta be patient
:tup:

Distance runners have both terrible overall athleticism, and mediocre physiques.

There’s no problem with doing a bit of cardio, but it should never be the main path to weight loss and a better physique.

The body also adapts to stress and requires more and more of cardio to burn calories. And without increasing lean muscle mass your body doesn’t efficiently burn calories outside your cardio sessions.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
That's a lot of running

The most I run at the gym is a 5 min warm up and a 20 min LISS after work out.
It's 16minutes total. Especially on leg and deadlift days I feel like it's a perfect warm up as the hill running fires up all the muscles I'm using. No backup for my claim other than it has done wonders for me.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
It's 16minutes total. Especially on leg and deadlift days I feel like it's a perfect warm up as the hill running fires up all the muscles I'm using. No backup for my claim other than it has done wonders for me.
It was not meant for you.

HIIT is amazing I agree.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
:tup:

Distance runners have both terrible overall athleticism, and mediocre physiques.

There’s no problem with doing a bit of cardio, but it should never be the main path to weight loss and a better physique.

The body also adapts to stress and requires more and more of cardio to burn calories. And without increasing lean muscle mass your body doesn’t efficiently burn calories outside your cardio sessions.
What is considered distance runner?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)