Gym and fitness (9 Viewers)

EyeC_U

Jan 10, 2015
How much can you guys bench pull? I've moved from a resistance machine row to a bench pull and I can only manage 65kgs, as opposed to 100+ before
I don't go the gym that often (I do progressive calisthenics) but last time I checked I could manage to bench press 150 kgs, pretty much twice my body weight. Just give your all, do low reps and NEVER EVER lift lighter.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I have a question for you exercise gurus. I'm back to exercising again and I've adopted a 4 day rotation.

Day 1: 1km swimming
Day 2: 1km swimming
Day 3: 1km swimming + 2-3h bike road trip
Day 4: rest

Day 5: goto Day 1

The idea is building up to the maximum level of effort on day 3, after which I feel pretty damn tired and taking a day off feels like a good decision.

Does this sound good?

Second question: I want to incorporate one session (per 4 days) on body weight strength training. Where should I put it (which day)?

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Bench pull ? Dont you mean bench press ?

- - - Updated - - -

I have a question for you exercise gurus. I'm back to exercising again and I've adopted a 4 day rotation.

Day 1: 1km swimming
Day 2: 1km swimming
Day 3: 1km swimming + 2-3h bike road trip
Day 4: rest

Day 5: goto Day 1

The idea is building up to the maximum level of effort on day 3, after which I feel pretty damn tired and taking a day off feels like a good decision.

Does this sound good?

Second question: I want to incorporate one session (per 4 days) on body weight strength training. Where should I put it (which day)?
I don't know a lot about swimming specifically but it's a compound exercise and you aren't allowing any time for recovery, by day three your muscles will be depleted and you'll leave yourself open to injury.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know a lot about swimming specifically but it's a compound exercise and you aren't allowing any time for recovery, by day three your muscles will be depleted and you'll leave yourself open to injury.
I think that'd be called a row :p

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you say by day three (as opposed to by day four for instance)?
I personally think three days is fine. You might need to take a week off or take it easy every couple months or so. But three days in a row isn't too much. Maybe for a beginner but you should be able to catch up to that. Main thing is you have to remember to push yourself.

EyeC_U

Jan 10, 2015
You could distribute your bodyweight training in two or three days if you don't want to burn out or have a complete workout. When I first started I was so god damn weak, I couldn't even do a pull up or a chin up, I was so frustrated man but then I read about GTG "Grease the Groove" method. It basically consists on doing the same exercise everyday (pull ups for example) but NEVER TO FAILURE. So if you can do 10 reps of pull ups, you must only do 5 to 8 reps for each set. You can rest every 30 to 60 minutes and do it again but remember never to failure because you'll need energy and strength for the next day.

I started doing 0, after two weeks I could do one (perfect form and full ROM), by the 6th week I could 6-8 pull ups now I don't know because I moved on to more difficult exercises. Good luck mate!

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
You could distribute your bodyweight training in two or three days if you don't want to burn out or have a complete workout. When I first started I was so god damn weak, I couldn't even do a pull up or a chin up, I was so frustrated man but then I read about GTG "Grease the Groove" method. It basically consists on doing the same exercise everyday (pull ups for example) but NEVER TO FAILURE. So if you can do 10 reps of pull ups, you must only do 5 to 8 reps for each set. You can rest every 30 to 60 minutes and do it again but remember never to failure because you'll need energy and strength for the next day.

I started doing 0, after two weeks I could do one (perfect form and full ROM), by the 6th week I could 6-8 pull ups now I don't know because I moved on to more difficult exercises. Good luck mate!
This reads like awful advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)