Gym and fitness (14 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Nice one man!

Life has been absolutely wild for me the past few weeks so I've basically taken my eye off the ball because consistency has been impossible.

Been focusing on my macros to maintain muh gains. Another couple of weeks till things calm down again.

I did go rock climbing last weekend. Hadn't been in like 20 years but a friend was back in the country so I went along. So much fun. Great exercise plus problem solving. Really good mental and physical training, especially bouldering. Kind of thing I could get into.

I'm actually moving tomorrow to a new city. Once things settle with the new place and new job I'm hoping to get back into bjj on top of lifting at home plus maybe swimming. I've been in and out of training for most of my adult life. Miss it. I'm bothering to take my gis with me so that's something of a statement of intent!

- - - Updated - - -

Was wondering if you've tried or read about pomegranate juice ever? It's pretty expensive and really high in sugar but I had read years back that something in it boosts testosterone production and that's good for depression (which I have a chronic form of).

I had a couple of mouthfuls every day and I can't remember the testosterone affecting my gains at the time (I was training a lot of martial arts. No lifting but a lot of calisthenics in capoeira class) but I do think my T level spiked after a couple of weeks. The constant arousal was quite distracting lol. My mental health also improved noticeably, but that might also have been all the sex i was having lmao.

Anyway I got mono and ended up in hospital for 4 days and lost all my energy levels and never went back to it. Might try it again
I think it might be placebo effect :p or other hormonal factors, i wouldn't personally drop lotsa money on juice, actually i never drink juice period. I prefer eat whole fruit. For boosting test nothing beats good diet, vitamin d and good sleep. Of course staying away from cigarettes, alcohol, drugs....

Sorry to hear about mono, that shit sucks big time. Good news is you can back to your old level in no time with proper exercise.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I think it might be placebo effect :p or other hormonal factors, i wouldn't personally drop lotsa money on juice, actually i never drink juice period. I prefer eat whole fruit. For boosting test nothing beats good diet, vitamin d and good sleep. Of course staying away from cigarettes, alcohol, drugs....

Sorry to hear about mono, that shit sucks big time. Good news is you can back to your old level in no time with proper exercise.
Thanks for sharing dude. I also met a very sexy lass at the same time and that could have explained the arousal lol.

All this was way back in 2013 or so. I never did get back to the same level of fitness unfortunately. Even when I was doing a lot it's like I lost my top 15%. I did go to the doctor to find out what to do about it and he said some people, especially the ones who get it bad like I did, never get back to 100% of what they were before.

And that's fine tbh, can still make do with what ive got now and make up some of the difference in dedication and perseverance.

- - - Updated - - -

@Scottish the home work outs remain a absolute game changer for me, I still do them on a weekly base. Maybe 30 minutes at home arent as effective as a hour in the gym but it has helped me a awful lot, i'm planning to do it saturday again. I dare to say that 50% of my consistency is because of training at home
Always good to have stuff at home to slip in a session when factors could otherwise prohibit ie time or whatever else.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I did a lot of sets this year watching our shite team plod along against the dregs of Serie A.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Thanks for sharing dude. I also met a very sexy lass at the same time and that could have explained the arousal lol.

All this was way back in 2013 or so. I never did get back to the same level of fitness unfortunately. Even when I was doing a lot it's like I lost my top 15%. I did go to the doctor to find out what to do about it and he said some people, especially the ones who get it bad like I did, never get back to 100% of what they were before.

And that's fine tbh, can still make do with what ive got now and make up some of the difference in dedication and perseverance.

- - - Updated - - -

Always good to have stuff at home to slip in a session when factors could otherwise prohibit ie time or whatever else.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I did a lot of sets this year watching our shite team plod along against the dregs of Serie A.

Fuck what the doctor said, if you work hard and stay dedicated no doubt in my mind you'll get to even better levels than before.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I've come to the conclusion that I need to lose some weight.

At the same time, I think I'm ramping up too quickly in the gym since my knee has been killing me and seems pretty inflamed based on how it feels. I'm a bit surprised by this, as I've been taking the bus to the gym (instead of biking like I used to), then using a recumbent stationary bike for 20 minutes on 10 resistance everyday as my cardio which really isn't that bad. I only have been working legs once a week but could that be enough? Either way, going to go tomorrow regardless :agree:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I've come to the conclusion that I need to lose some weight.

At the same time, I think I'm ramping up too quickly in the gym since my knee has been killing me and seems pretty inflamed based on how it feels. I'm a bit surprised by this, as I've been taking the bus to the gym (instead of biking like I used to), then using a recumbent stationary bike for 20 minutes on 10 resistance everyday as my cardio which really isn't that bad. I only have been working legs once a week but could that be enough? Either way, going to go tomorrow regardless :agree:
There could be a number of things causing the knee pain. Flexibility, form, stability etc

Maybe try wearing a knee strap for a bit to give it support. If you are squatting it wouldn't be a bad idea to set up a camera to check on your form. Make sure to warm up and stretch properly.

Also don't try and push yourself too hard too soon. Focus on being consistent first. Embrace and try to enjoy the journey.

I respect the lifestyle choice and hope it works out for you. Good luck.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
There could be a number of things causing the knee pain. Flexibility, form, stability etc

Maybe try wearing a knee strap for a bit to give it support. If you are squatting it wouldn't be a bad idea to set up a camera to check on your form. Make sure to warm up and stretch properly.

Also don't try and push yourself too hard too soon. Focus on being consistent first. Embrace and try to enjoy the journey.

I respect the lifestyle choice and hope it works out for you. Good luck.
I think it's just not fully healed from the surgery yet, it's frustrating how long this takes.

Jun 16, 2020
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Nice man, I did judo until the green band when I was a kid. Honestly becoming a black belt in a fighting sport is something I should add to my bucket list. With Jiu Jitsu I have no experience though, never did it.

I’m really into boxing last months. Coincidentally I introduced two friends together with another friend into boxing today. They were a bit nervous to start sparring, in the end we convinced them to spar a few rounds only hitting each others body, afterwards they loved it. I always find it crazy how heavy sparring is form a cardio pov, way heavier than cross fit or running. It’s just something else, one minute rounds can absolutely destroy you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)