Gym and fitness (22 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Big difference in what?
not feeling tired.

This is a nice thread for helping and motivating each other. All you do is make mocking comments about "big" and try to cause a riot between lifters/bbuilders, and athletic sporters.

About your question

In this spoiler, the ingredients of the product.

36 Servings Red Raspberry
Serving Size1Scoop(10g)
Servings Per Container36
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 15
Vitamin B3 (As Niacin & Nicotinamide) 20mg 100%
Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) 5mg 250%
Folic Acid 100mcg 25%
Vitamin B12 (As Methylcobalamin) 15mcg 250%
Vitamin C (As Ascorbic Acid) 100mg 170%
MYO·XPAND - Muscle Building Blend 2.8g **
Micronized Pure Creatine Monohydrate
CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine
Creatinol-O-Phosphate
ENDURO·XPAND - Muscle Amino Acids 1.6g **
CHAIN·SOL™ (2:1:1 H2O-Soluble BCAA Amino Complex)
L-Taurine
L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine
Sustamine™ Alanyl-Glutamine
VASO·XPAND - Muscle Pump Matrix 520mg **
NITRO2GRANIT™ (Pomegranate Extract-50% Polyphenols)
Agmatine Sulfate
Beet Root Extract (Beta Vulgaris)
AssuriTEA™ Green Tea Extract (Water-Extracted Camellia Sinensis)
FOCUS·XPAND - Mind/Muscle Complex 620mg **
N-Acetyl Tyrosine
Glucuronolactone
Caffeine Anhydrous
Rhodiola Rosea (5% Rosavins, 3% Salidrosides)
QRS-Complex - Quercetin Rutin Synergy 67mg **
Quercetin-O-Rutinoside (Rutin)
Quercetin Dihydrate
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value (DV) not established.
Other Ingredients:
Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Tartaric Acid, Silicon Dioxide, Malic Acid, Sucralose, Stevia Leaf Extract, Lecithin (Soy).
Total Caffeine Per Scoop (10 Mg): 125 Mg

Like any product from dymatize, this list is full of fancy names, but sadly, the workout is just as bad like most others, and i'll explain you why.

1) allright it has some vitamins, thats nice, but dosage is low
2) creatine + beta alanine : 2.8 grams ? lol no, you need 4 grams of beta, and 5 grams of creatine.
3) bcaa and taurine is cool, but dosage far to low. 1.6 gram of taurine alone is the recommanded amount, bcaa from 0 to 4 grams
4) and then we come to the problem. the reason why a first time user such as yourself is cheated. It has some enlightening ingredients, AND A SHITLOAD OF CAFEINE. with is basically why u feel energetic. Dont be fooled by the "125g/scoop", the other products are cafeine derivates, wich do basically the same

Seriously, try 500g of cafeine. u'll notice nearly simular effects.

This is what most pre workouts do. They'll sell you a crapton of cafeine, and far to low dosage of the actual stuff you need. I'm a biochemist, and i have searched long time for a good workout, and there is only 1 i found really good

Assault, by Musclepharm

29 euro for a pack that has 30ish servings

it has the right dosage of creatine, beta alanine, citruline malate, taurine, tyrosine, FOUR GRAMS OF BCAA, vit c, arginine and a decent energetic complex.
It doesnt blow you of your socks, but it contains exactly what your muscles need for optimal performance. If you need more "kick", just get some cafeine. Or ephidrine, its legal in the usa and far better.
ok, i just want something that won't get me tired as quick, no need for a kick. sounds good, i'll see if i can find that.

i am welcome but i wont, you on the other hand have to behave.

and to add to zach's comment, or jacked.

Also Zach, since i am cutting again im getting super sore because of the low carb intake, anything low cal you recommend to fix that?
i saw jack3d but the guy said it was a love it or hate it plus i wanted to start off with something that isn't hardcore.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Zach, what's the story behind mixing coca-cola (one cup) and instant coffee? I see some bodybuilders drink that as pre-working. They use it in jail too or something like that.

I think I asked you before, but I don't think you answered. Or I missed it.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Zach, what's the story behind mixing coca-cola (one cup) and instant coffee? I see some bodybuilders drink that as pre-working. They use it in jail too or something like that.

More caffeine. Probably used when a good source of caffeine isn't available.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
More caffeine. Probably used when a good source of caffeine isn't available.
And caffeine is absorbed faster this way. Basically, it's an instant boost, which will not last too long. I think you'd be better off drinking normal shakes, that are balanced and contain a lot of different kinds of amino acids and not only caffeine. It may not give you such an instant boost, but it will keep you going longer than coke and coffee thing.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

It gives a decent kick,its their alternative to a pre workout.

Cafeine stimulates the adrenal gland, wich boosts up the metabolism.
Cola contains 38grams of glucose, wich normally gives a boost, but also a very unhealty insuline kick.
Now if you combine both, you'll boost the metabolism, and get some sortha rush cause u got plenty of glucose to burn.

the non jailed athlete, can do the same by taking a shake with oat about 2houres before training, and take 250-500mg cafeine+1.6(or more) taurine. wich is basically every decent pre workout.
oat is complex polysugar. taurine,catalyses the speed of amylase, wich breaks down polysugar. so u'll get maltose and glucose and the maltose gets broken into glucose.
The cafeine kicks the metabolism, and all that glucose gets burned.

ALl this, without the unhealthy insuline spike

- - - Updated - - -

Professional bodybuilders, apart from steroids and human growth hormone, also use insuline, but guided by a dokter.
If you inject a load of insuline,and time a very big boost of glucose, u'll burn it all.
However, aside from beeing terribly bad for the pancreas, a high insuline peak, triggers muscle growth rather significantly.

Pro's manage to have those insuline peaks right at training, with dokter supervision, getting additional growth.
They however seemb to have their pancrease survive the bombardment, i dont know how they manage that.

Thing is, to much insuline, and your sugar drops down fast, under "50" and u'll get in a low sugar coma and eventually die if no one sees you and administrates a glucose siringe.

My dad is a diabete, i had to administer such a siringe twice. its scary to witness a suger coma. they usually start trembeling and uncontrolled limb movement.
Insane to risk that in my opinion

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
The muscle between my chest and front of my front deltoids is in some considerable pain the past few days (all be it that good pain) after upping the weight on the benchpress. Should this particular muscle group be activated in a normal bench exercise, or is my form incorrect I wonder?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
When I was beginning to lift weight I felt pain in that area, after some time it disappeared.

But if I do bench press with dumbbells now I'd feel it again, like it activates inner chest muscles more.

As for your shoulder 'pain' I'd say it's a wrong form, you should look at your elbows. Shoulders shouldn't be the focus.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
When I was beginning to lift weight I felt pain in that area, after some time it disappeared.

But if I do bench press with dumbbells now I'd feel it again, like it activates inner chest muscles more.

As for your shoulder 'pain' I'd say it's a wrong form, you should look at your elbows. Shoulders shouldn't be the focus.
Yep that's what I thought, it's probably the positioning of the bar. I think I may have it too far up, towards my upper chest. I still feel a burn in my inner chest but not nearly as much as I should I'd say.

Will watch a few more vids on form this evening :tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The muscle between my chest and front of my front deltoids is in some considerable pain the past few days (all be it that good pain) after upping the weight on the benchpress. Should this particular muscle group be activated in a normal bench exercise, or is my form incorrect I wonder?
@Fint @Fint @Fint @Fint @Fint @Fint @Fint @Fint @Fint @Fint

HOLE FUCKING SHIT, ITS THE ROTATOR CUFF

Brother, you need to do something about this RIGHT NOW, or risk having it strained like me, and not train for 6 weeks. and train lower for 6 months.

You are putting to much strain on the shoulder. Likely you unrack the bar wrongly, or lower it with the ellbows to far apart, and you arent warmed up.

FIRST : the muscle

Apply voltare gel or simular 3x per day. you want to relax this muscle

SECOND : warming up that shit

that vid, is how to warm up rotator cuff. do it. do it like you would do her. it needs to be hot as fuck. If that allready heard, dont train shoulders/ chest at all.

THIRD : unracking.

have bro help unracking the bar at the final set.

Put is relatively high, and move the bar from the rack to the starting point, using ur back muscles (the peckdeck). not shoulders.

Now, use the "bending the bar" technique.

When at starting point, imagine to "bend" the bar, getting the pinkies to point to each other. You'll notice the ellbows moving closer to the chest. this is vital.

Now lower that bar till the chest, when going back up, start of in this position, then allow the arms to "open".

Like this, you are not overstraining the shoulders.

I strained my rotator cuff at december 19th, when i was about to attempt to do a personal max. I strained the rotator cuff 1 days earlyer
6 weeks without training
6 months, of doing lower bench weights (and higher reps) cause else it would be hurting again
13 july, i finally could attempt and succeed the personal max, and without pain.

Thats half a year lose cause i was beeing an ass. Please dont be like me :)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
:sad: Man that sucks

Pretty amateur of me, but I probably didn't warm up the area properly. The area isn't so painful that I can't rotate my shoulder or anything, but the pain is fairly evident.

As for the bench itself, I have to confess I'm still using the Smith machine as I don't have a gym buddy. I think I'll go back to dumbell bench presses for a bit regardless.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
dumbbells are way better than using the machine. you may not do as much weight but you get a better workout. i know some buff dudes who use dumbbells instead of barbells.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:sad: Man that sucks

Pretty amateur of me, but I probably didn't warm up the area properly. The area isn't so painful that I can't rotate my shoulder or anything, but the pain is fairly evident.

As for the bench itself, I have to confess I'm still using the Smith machine as I don't have a gym buddy. I think I'll go back to dumbell bench presses for a bit regardless.
You should do benchpress first, but know your limit and have some guy spot you for the final set. just tell him to back the fuck off, and help when the bar is going down instead of up, and rack it, not 2 assisted raises cause they only injure you

dumbbells are way better than using the machine. you may not do as much weight but you get a better workout. i know some buff dudes who use dumbbells instead of barbells.
True that. Machines are very bad for this actually. dumbells make you use positional muscles, wich is offcourse much better.

Using dumbells over barbells, is something buffy males tend to do to get more definition and growth of the smaller positional muscles.

I'll do a bunch of bench sets, and then do 5sets12reps incline dumbell press.
On back day, i tend to trow in a flat dumbell press for that extra definition and training of the back for benching tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)