Gym and fitness (42 Viewers)

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
How is sleep important?

I know I always read that sleep is one of the most important parts of bodybuilding, and it is essential to get 8 hours of sleep. I have seen gains with less hours of sleep, but what do you guys think?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Joined the gym today, been awhile since ive done any strenuous exercise. Gonna be tough but looking forward to getting back into the swing of things

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Oh certainly, i'm merely sharing what i myself consider to look amazing, and how it feels to kick the beachboys back to the dumbell rack when they try to show off power that they are lacking.

Talking astetics, i entirely agree on that. I have a laugh every time a muscle(read advertising producs) magazine tries to imply girls like huge muscular vascular men. No they bloody dont. Girls totally dig those explosive 50/100 meter swimmers with their perfect balance between carved out long muscles, definition and athletic appearance.

Even i, who isnt a Connoiseur, knew that ;)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
How is sleep important?

I know I always read that sleep is one of the most important parts of bodybuilding, and it is essential to get 8 hours of sleep. I have seen gains with less hours of sleep, but what do you guys think?

theory goes muscle regeneration occurs during R&R, sleep being the best kind. Sleep also helps with energy levels allowing you better workouts.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
One thing that is easely overlooked, are the massive abs of olympic lifters, powerlifters and strongman.
To do those massive lifts, you need extremely strong abs and lower back muscles to keep the form straight.

Lets look at something motivational :

The person above is Konstantinovs, he is a raw powerlifter, wich means that he doesnt use any equipment for stabilisation, and thus has to balance everything himself.

without belt, kneewraps, lifting suit or any fancy stuff, he squats 335kg, bench 240kg and deadlifts the world record raw of 426kg

As you can clearly see, this man has insane abs, that stick out despite him weighing in 130 kg.
Whoa! Beast!

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
How is sleep important?

The most important part is the quality of sleep.

When you sleep, hormones are synthesised, general protein synthesis starts etc.

You need to find out how much sleep is enough for you to feel "well rested"

I know for a fact that if i dont sleep good enough, 2 days arent enough to be recovered from heavy powerlifting training.

JFG™;4039040 said:
Joined the gym today, been awhile since ive done any strenuous exercise. Gonna be tough but looking forward to getting back into the swing of things
Make sure not to get ahead of yourselves to soon or you risk injury trough inflammation of the tendons or the membrane around the muscle (in dutch : spierkapsel, dont know correct translation)

- - - Updated - - -

My idol in powerlifting.

Fuck all the deadlift suits, belts, wraps and all that crap. This man pulls a 426 deadlift without all that.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
His deadlift training day is to insane for words

i think if i'm on a great day, i might pull of half of it in my weight equivalents.

Seriously

And he's a bodyguard, so sometimes he hardly trains during the year

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
Btw ever since I started going deep on squats I feel like I'm getting great results. But I do feel like of pain in this area, any idea what that is? I have the strength but it's very annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, that sucks. Agreed about stress, it sure sucks to workout like that.
Hip flexors? Pain as in tightness? Do you stretch them out after/before workouts? Try incorporating lunges to loosen them up. Typical squat soreness next to your glutes. I have to stretch mine out for a good 15mij before I squat to get real deep and flexible.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Btw ever since I started going deep on squats I feel like I'm getting great results. But I do feel like of pain in this area, any idea what that is? I have the strength but it's very annoying.
What kind of pain ?

i've had plenty of small pains from squat due to acidity, but never there, usually hamstrings and quadriceps area

- - - Updated - - -

Hip flexors? Pain as in tightness? Do you stretch them out after/before workouts? Try incorporating lunges to loosen them up. Typical squat soreness next to your glutes. I have to stretch mine out for a good 15mij before I squat to get real deep and flexible.
3 sets of 12 reps with the bar alone, less then 60 sec pauze also do that, and warm up every muscle you need. Dont tire yourself with anything else before squatting, its the most taxing excercise there is.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Looks like hip flexors or groin. One thing you could do is the butterfly stretch in the mornings when you wake up. Also try standing on one leg and tossing a ball in the air and then catching it without leaving your foot. Do it like 20 times with each.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
so I amanged to reduce my body fat from 15.8% to 13% in like a months time and gained 1 Kiloegram of weight. Very proud moment to be honest. Though I haven't changed much in my diet, just kept it clean and in check every day.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
DON'T DO ARM CURLS IN THE DAMN SQUAT RACK. Some jerk spent 45 min on it and I Missed my squats today because I was on a timed schedule and got so mad I couldn't focus on anything else so I just left before I hurt myself.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
DON'T DO ARM CURLS IN THE DAMN SQUAT RACK. Some jerk spent 45 min on it and I Missed my squats today because I was on a timed schedule and got so mad I couldn't focus on anything else so I just left before I hurt myself.
If i see an idiot doing that, i ask him to kindly gtfo. If he refuses i get the owner, who supports serious lifting.

Should do the same. Never use violence cause potential serious injuries, and u'll get banned.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to find a way back to training regularly, I just can't stand a session here and there.
in case you havent put me on ignore, progressive training works.

Because like that you cant miss a day. Write down numbers in a smartphone app, en excell sheet, printout, etc.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
If i see an idiot doing that, i ask him to kindly gtfo. If he refuses i get the owner, who supports serious lifting.

Should do the same. Never use violence cause potential serious injuries, and u'll get banned.

- - - Updated - - -

in case you havent put me on ignore, progressive training works.

Because like that you cant miss a day. Write down numbers in a smartphone app, en excell sheet, printout, etc.
There is no owner at my gym. I go to NYSC and at 5am there's only a receptionist. I never like to intrude because im just a patient guy. But today I was last straw. And I ment hurt myself as in not being able to focus and compromising a lift or movement. I don't fight. In fact, I'm pretty sure no one in the gym can take me anyway ( I practice kick boxing and apparently have a very intimidating frame at 6'2 230lbs ). " with great power come great responsibility " so I don't pick fights.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I know what you mean, i'm 6'2 (wel 1meter 91cm, dunno if i converted it correctly) at 260lbs. i agree with your quote, and you must also think about yourself.

You could break a midhandbone or a toe, you could fall and drop on a barbell. He could break his face or tear a muscle/tendon. And in case of the latter, you are doing a material art, so they will automatically make you the only bad guy, and him the victim.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Had my first kick boxing session yesterday and loved it. My foot work is shit but apart from that i feel comfortable with it. Hopefully will have my first competitive fight before the summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)