Gym and fitness (65 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Its fucking depressing to do 30 mins of situps, push ups and pull ups (mixing them up) too find out im only burning 288 calories doing it. suppose getting toned muscles is a bonus.
Pull Ups are good. Push ups are worthless. Nowhere near enough weight and sit ups.. Well you should never do those. Go bench press, deadlift and squat. Do some sprinting, do some distance running. You'll look awesome in two months. If you want to follow a program, do stronglifts.com.

Do it. And stop being a pussy.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I do push ups every morning. Mostly just to wake up. But yeah, they are good for about two weeks. Then you need to start really working.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Pull Ups are good. Push ups are worthless. Nowhere near enough weight and sit ups.. Well you should never do those. Go bench press, deadlift and squat. Do some sprinting, do some distance running. You'll look awesome in two months. If you want to follow a program, do stronglifts.com.

IMO that's one lame-ass exercise.

Btw I strongly recommend guillotine press. It's very effective, it hits both shoulders and upper chest very hard.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

I don't know if push ups are worthless. If you want to burn calories doing weights or non cardio based exercises the best thing to do is use compound exercises in your workout. Compound exercises are any exercise using more than one muscle group - heres a link of the best ones http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw46.htm ..the reason compound exercises burn the most calories is because they allow you to work more of your body much harder. Moreover, after weight and resistance training your body burns calories for an extended period of time after your work out is finished. Its recommended that rest periods (if you're resting at all) are much shorter and that you bump up the amount of reps you do to really get your heart rate up - if your heart rate isn't getting up then you're not burning as much fat as you could.

Put on 6 kilos these past two months making good headway coming into summer :vinny:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

Btw I strongly recommend guillotine press. It's very effective, it hits both shoulders and upper chest very hard.
Dead lifts are one of the best exercises for building your legs and the dead lift is also a compound exercise great for fat burning as well.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Deadlifts are the best overall mass builder, make your posterior chain strong as hell and increase your athletic performance while decreasing your risk of injury. They're pretty much the damn best exercise in existence. And hell, you might hate the guy, but Cristiano Ronaldo sure is one hell of an athlete and it's obvious he does deadlifts: huge trap and lat development and highly posterior chain dominant.

No. If you're into sports, you do deadlifts. You do them right and you do them heavy. By heavy I mean you aim for at least twice your bodyweight.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
been a bit lazy the last few weeks,kind of hard getting up at 530am when the sun does not come up till about 830 but giving up the weed and gonna start training properly for competition kickboxing and working my way through my Kung-Fu sashes

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Pothead :disagree: :D

Anyways, back to the gym after a long, long gaps. More than 9 months I think. Straight up cardio for one-month. I need to lose the 8 kgs I gained in the past two months or so. I hate cardio, but I think that's the best way to go as of now.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Back to the gym yesterday after a month and a half off. I didn't lose much and didn't gain much fat since I was taking care of my diet.

I'll try to get some mass for around 2-3 months and then go the ripping route.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)