Gym and fitness (54 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Exercises affects people differently, but that's only because they're not using the muscles they should be using to lift.
Well I can't agree with this. I've heard pro people say how it effects them differently while they do the exact same exercises and how they use the exact same arm position (in this case bench press). One got his chest and should worked up and the other got chest and triceps more. I'm not talking about amateurs. It's just how it goes, there's no way us two can build the same muscles with same exercises.

And I didn't say you shouldn't hit flies, flies are great, I do them to. I said if you can do flies with 18kg in each hand, than you didn't push yourself enough on the bench press, which should be your focus. You bench 65kg and do flies with basically half that weight. Try adding 10kg to your bench and go for 4 sets of 6 repetitions(if you can do that easy, add more weight), after that do dumbell incline with the max weight you can for 3 sets of 8 repetition. And if you still can do flies with 18kg in each hand for 12 repetitions than hats off to you.

Deneb said to use 20kg in both hands for flies? With your weight of 69kg? That's crazy.
But 65 for bench press was my limit, I can't add more really. I find it very hard to do it... I didn't feel that big exhaustion for flies. After it I did flies with 16kg. I can't with 18 after bench press.

Maybe he didn't take into consideration my weight, but he said I should be bench pressing 75-80 (IIRC) and 20 with flies. And he said when I do that I'll be adding mass.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

But 65 for bench press was my limit, I can't add more really. I find it very hard to do it... I didn't feel that big exhaustion for flies. After it I did flies with 16kg. I can't with 18 after bench press.

Maybe he didn't take into consideration my weight, but he said I should be bench pressing 75-80 (IIRC) and 20 with flies. And he said when I do that I'll be adding mass.
Basically what I'm saying is this. Try and force your bench. Add more weight if only for the first and second set. Then deload a little for the last two sets. Point is to force yourself on the bench as much as you can. Your flies may suffer because of that, but you will see more gains. Compaired to your bench your flies are very hard. Thats all im saying.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
ah Dusan,we are just trying to protect you. last thing we want is for you to ping your shoulders because you are flying too heavy a weight for your chest to handle

and stop going all EMO on me,black eyeliner would NOT suit you and you aint got shit on this guy

Attachments

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Got back from the gym & i'm feeling awesome & run over at the same time. Working out with my cousin's bf who is a professional rugby player so we worked on cardio today. We did a Spartan "300" cardio workout, 10 exercises with 30 reps each. Beginner's phase apparently.:D

Burpees
Jump Squat
Hindu push ups
Explosive push ups
Pull ups
Alternating jumps
Prison squats
Double crunches
Staggered push ups
Kneeling band row

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Got back from the gym & i'm feeling awesome & run over at the same time. Working out with my cousin's bf who is a professional rugby player so we worked on cardio today. We did a Spartan "300" cardio workout, 10 exercises with 30 reps each. Beginner's phase apparently.:D

Burpees
Jump Squat
Hindu push ups
Explosive push ups
Pull ups
Alternating jumps
Prison squats
Double crunches
Staggered push ups
Kneeling band row
What does a Hindu push up look like?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I've started avoiding white carbs like rice, pasta, bread, potatoes & sugar/ sugar induced products, after 4pm everyday & i've lost quite a bit of weight. I'm starting to see major results with definition.:vinny:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Hey guys, I'm doing squats. Long story short (not that long frankly) there's something wrong with my knee, I can't run. When I do, after a while it starts hurting, not a lot but just enough to make me worried. I've never had this problem before, so it's not a chronic thing.

So I thought physiotherapy is always about exercising the injured part, right? So I read this and decided to try it, do like 5 of them and repeat this many times a day, in itself presents little stress and probably harmless, but since it's repeated lots of times it might do something.

Opinions? Insults?

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
first - never consult the internet for injuries. It wont take much to go for a quick examination and check it out!

As much as you may find expertise around here (all do respect to you guys), always let it be a second opinion not your first.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Hey guys, I'm doing squats. Long story short (not that long frankly) there's something wrong with my knee, I can't run. When I do, after a while it starts hurting, not a lot but just enough to make me worried. I've never had this problem before, so it's not a chronic thing.

So I thought physiotherapy is always about exercising the injured part, right? So I read this and decided to try it, do like 5 of them and repeat this many times a day, in itself presents little stress and probably harmless, but since it's repeated lots of times it might do something.

Opinions? Insults?
Can you describe the knee pain?

Is it on the outside of the knee and spreads to the lower edge? Or is the entire knee hurting? When do usually feel the pain, when you start running, during the run or afterwards?

Do you feel the pain when going downstairs?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Can you describe the knee pain?

Is it on the outside of the knee and spreads to the lower edge? Or is the entire knee hurting? When do usually feel the pain, when you start running, during the run or afterwards?
It's sort of in the center, "inside". Or maybe just below the knee cap is a better description.

I start running, I go a few hundred meters, then I start to feel it. It's pretty clear that it has to do with putting weight on the knee, because I feel it every time I land on my right leg. I feel the pain exactly at that impact.

It happens sometimes on rare occasions during walking, but then it doesn't have that kind of timing, it just sticks around for a while (minutes) and then disappears.

Do you feel the pain when going downstairs?
Yes, if I run downstairs, ie. the same kind of motion where I land on the knee, I feel it too.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

You must likely have water on the knee. I have it too. :excited: Having trouble with my knee for 10 years, ever since I had a fracture on it. Going downstairs feels like my knee is gonna shred to splinters.

Go to a doc though, but you'll probably be told to strengthen your quadriceps to relief the knee a little bit and possibly get some shoe implants for running, which will absorb some of stress you put on the knee while running. THat's what the doc told me and I'm much better nowadays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)