Gym and fitness (16 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
MINES ROUGHLY 40, IM SURE YOU'RE LIKE 56 OR SOEMTHING :D

That's a weird size because I typed in caps and am lazy.
I actually have a relatively high rest heart rate which fucks up the whole thing but I know what is causing it to be high and it has no effect on my endurance.

Sep 1, 2002
Not too many exercisers out there may know that the term "gymnasium" or "gym" has its origins in Ancient Greece, where the young were subjected to rigorous physical and intellectual training. Interestingly, gymnasium is a Greek word that refers to a "place to be naked" where bathing and studying are done at the same time. Greeks were very much conscious of the importance of cognitive learning, and many Greek gyms were equipped with books, which are mainly used during relaxation after bathing.

Are gyms still like this: as I am considering joining one?

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Not too many exercisers out there may know that the term "gymnasium" or "gym" has its origins in Ancient Greece, where the young were subjected to rigorous physical and intellectual training. Interestingly, gymnasium is a Greek word that refers to a "place to be naked" where bathing and studying are done at the same time. Greeks were very much conscious of the importance of cognitive learning, and many Greek gyms were equipped with books, which are mainly used during relaxation after bathing.

Are gyms still like this: as I am considering joining one?
My home gym is :eyebrows:
icεmαή;2436122 said:
Burning calories mainly.

What do you mean by that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interval_training

The excess will melt away, no more Naan bread though.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
icεmαή;2436130 said:
:cry:

My tummy is growing bigger by the day and I've no clue how to reduce it.
Dude,Ghee & aloo are not your friends. Seriously you need to reduce your fat intake drastically if you wanna lose that stomy, along with cutting down on your starch & sugar.

Rice, maize, pasta, potatoes, bread are kicking your ass. Sugar in sodas, fruit juices & your coffee/tea intake are heavy.

You need to start doing cardio everyday. Drink green tea, it helps increase your metabolism. If you must drink juice stick to 100% orange juice, ignore the other stuff its basically sugar water & grape fruit/prune juice is excellent as it helps keep you regular.:D

More water, more veggies, more fish with omega 3 fatty acids(the good kind) & proper rest is what you're gonna have to do if you wanna lose that faux feutus growing in your stomy.:D

Hit me up with your details & i'll give you a programme to help you out. Don't bother if you're not serious.:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)