Gonzalo Higuaín (168 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We also lost Pogba, after losing Vidal the season before, and never adequately replaced either of them.

Look, I have nothing against Higuain - he has been a loyal servant and a reliable and proven scorer when called upon. It's not his fault we spent 90 million on him, nor is it his mistake that his arrival coincided with the start of the demise of our midfield.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Buying him took us to the next level in so many ways. First of all it was a huge statement from our board, we bought the best player in the league from our main rival and showed the world we are back in business by spending big money.

He was our best player in his first season and the reason we won the league. Scored so many important goals on the biggest occasions. Also crucial in our run to the CL final.
In his second season he sacrificed himself a lot. Playing as playmaker so many times

We never had a great 9 after trezeguet until we brought Higgy.

The money was well spent considering how many times he has bailed us out.

A loyal servant who we treated like shit and still playing his heart out for us whenever is on the pitch.
Dzeko would have cost us far less. Higgy did well here especially the 1st year, but he was never 90M good, so saying money was well spent is not accurate. Saying he was the reason we won the league is also false, we won it every year before and after, so nothing suggests it would have been any different if it was another player instead of Higgy (say Pogba, or another top forward). We will now struggle for the 3rd straight summer to get rid of him, so it was a big miss financially. On the pitch he turned out fine, just like I said above, not 90M fine

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
@s4tch whats the difference in book value between Higuaín and Milik if we buy him for 40m?
with 1 year left of his contract, higgy's book value is 18m, and this was his yearly amortization too. (90m/5years=18m/y)
milik on a 4-year contract, for 40m: 10m/years

let's not forget the salaries: higgy 7,5m net, ~13-something gross. milik would get around 3-4m net, since he's already an italian tax resident, he wouldn't benefit from the new rules, so let's say ~7m gross tops.

total: higgy ~31m for his last season, milik ~17m per year for the next 4 seasons.

since higuain's departure looks very likely, we need a 9, that's not even a question. my question is: do we have some kind of preliminary agreement with raiola on haaland for 2021. if yes, spending 40m on milik just to sell him in a year is unnecessary. (imo milik is not a 40m striker currently, but that's just me.)

Jan 22, 2016
Dzeko would have cost us far less. Higgy did well here especially the 1st year, but he was never 90M good, so saying money was well spent is not accurate. Saying he was the reason we won the league is also false, we won it every year before and after, so nothing suggests it would have been any different if it was another player instead of Higgy (say Pogba, or another top forward). We will now struggle for the 3rd straight summer to get rid of him, so it was a big miss financially. On the pitch he turned out fine, just like I said above, not 90M fine
Sry but Dzeko has nothing on Higuain. One is WC CF and other is a very good CF.

Higuain's play making ability greatly helped us to cope with rather weak CM we had. Put Dzeko on Higgy's place and we would have struggled enormously in the final third.

I would say it again the amount of crucial goals he scored in his first season is yet to be seen again. it's not his fault we paid 90m for him, even though we only over paid around 15m for him.

Besides that, if didn't buy Higuain we might have lost league to Napoli. Napoli were so close to winning it without having Higuain, epically after their win against us in our home, wasn't it for Higgy's last minute goal against Inter we would be screwed and lost the Scudetto.

Jun 16, 2020
with 1 year left of his contract, higgy's book value is 18m, and this was his yearly amortization too. (90m/5years=18m/y)
milik on a 4-year contract, for 40m: 10m/years

let's not forget the salaries: higgy 7,5m net, ~13-something gross. milik would get around 3-4m net, since he's already an italian tax resident, he wouldn't benefit from the new rules, so let's say ~7m gross tops.

total: higgy ~31m for his last season, milik ~17m per year for the next 4 seasons.

since higuain's departure looks very likely, we need a 9, that's not even a question. my question is: do we have some kind of preliminary agreement with raiola on haaland for 2021. if yes, spending 40m on milik just to sell him in a year is unnecessary. (imo milik is not a 40m striker currently, but that's just me.)
Thanks, clear picture. Higuaín to be sacrificed again and actually it has nothing to do with his qualities. He’s just to expensive for being a reserve.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I also like Dzeko. He has hold Roma a lot of time almost by himself. About famous missed, it's not good to turn up that topics with argentines and Pipa.

Does He worth the 90m? Hell no
Was it a mistake from the very beginning? Of course it was
Did he play in a good level? Of course he did
Is he a true juventino? Yes, he is
Should we keep him instead spend our money in players whom aren't anywhere better than him? Hell yes

- - - Updated - - -

Higuain's play making ability greatly helped us to cope with rather weak CM we had. Put Dzeko on Higgy's place and we would have struggled enormously in the final third.

I would say it again the amount of crucial goals he scored in his first season is yet to be seen again. it's not his fault we paid 90m for him, even though we only over paid around 15m for him.

Besides that, if didn't buy Higuain we might have lost league to Napoli. Napoli were so close to winning it without having Higuain, epically after their win against us in our home, wasn't it for Higgy's last minute goal against Inter we would be screwed and lost the Scudetto.
IMO you are trying to create a narrative base on random pieces

Pipa wasn't a 75m player by that time neither and considering how much Raiola took from Manu, at the end Pipa was Pogba plus 15m. Would you still do that deal?

Almost noone here is against Pipa and we know it wasn't his fault the transfer fee however you r pushing way too much

Last edited:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I hope Higgy stands in Turin as long as he wants. I can see it come late May of 2021 during the CL final. Juve leading 2-0 .... 3-1 with 5 minutes left in match and a title assured. Gonzalo and Gigi on the sideline enjoying a victory slice of pizza. It's thy Italian way. I love my Mr Fatty!
1593957145252.png

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Both were WC at different times, but to say Dzeko has nothing on him is BS. Dzeko is 3x as physical and can also playmake from the CF position. We wouldnt struggle as Dzeko is the clear better targetman that can also play with the ball, hed probably score less goals but would make Dybala stick out more than Higgy did for sure.

We crack 90pts under Allegri each season without going all out, only Napoli once made it past that mark in the same span, again, no reason to think it would have been any different without Higgy. And we didnt pay 15M lol, he was the most expensive piece we owned since forever until Ronaldo came, who atleast makes up for this with his attractive image.

Napoli went from 81pts with Higgy, to 86pts and again to 91pts without him. They also scored more goals when he left. Hes not the difference maker you think him to be. The turnaround is more due to Dybala, who created both goals. Higgy also missed a 1v1 with the keeper (when it was 1-1 still iirc)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Both were WC at different times, but to say Dzeko has nothing on him is BS. Dzeko is 3x as physical and can also playmake from the CF position. We wouldnt struggle as Dzeko is the clear better targetman that can also play with the ball, hed probably score less goals but would make Dybala stick out more than Higgy did for sure.

We crack 90pts under Allegri each season without going all out, only Napoli once made it past that mark in the same span, again, no reason to think it would have been any different without Higgy. And we didnt pay 15M lol, he was the most expensive piece we owned since forever until Ronaldo came, who atleast makes up for this with his attractive image.

Napoli went from 81pts with Higgy, to 86pts and again to 91pts without him. They also scored more goals when he left. Hes not the difference maker you think him to be. The turnaround is more due to Dybala, who created both goals. Higgy also missed a 1v1 with the keeper (when it was 1-1 still iirc)
Higuain is one player, you can’t expect him to single handedly carry the teams season. He scored 36 goals in 35 games ffs. What else do you expect from him?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Higuain is one player, you can’t expect him to single handedly carry the teams season. He scored 36 goals in 35 games ffs. What else do you expect from him?
Yes it's a team game, but I'm telling you that his impact was overrated. Napoli scored less goals with him than the next 2 years without. It was the same team. With us it was the same, he scored a lot but we as a team scored less

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 166)