Golf - Eldrick Tiger Woods (1 Viewer)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
im not sure how many people actually like golf but i hope some do.......if not this thread is pointless lol.

Tiger woods will go down as the best golfer to ever play the game when he retires.
Some people (including me) think that he is the best athlete in the world. he spends countless hours working on his golf game not to mention working out to be in the best shape he can be in. On sunday I watched the PGA Championship as he went on to win his 12th major ( by 5 over shaun micheel) , now only 6 behind jack. Jack won his 18 major championships by a combinded total of 44 strokes. tiger has won his 12 majors but a combined 56 strokes. he dominates the field when he is playing good. and right now i think he is in his peak form. Noone can handle him when he has his A game and not many people can hang with him when he has his B game. He is one of my hero's and i wish to meet him one day.

my question to all you sports fans is

I personally think he will destroy jacks record setting 18 majors. how many do u think he will get? (my est. is around 28)

and name your top 5 athletes in the world? I have already stated on my list tiger is number 1 but i wanna see how many other people know how good he is.

1. Tiger Woods
2. Wayne Gretzky
3. Agassi
4. Mario Lemieux
5. Federer

P.S. i no not many people like golf so if noone answers this question MOD's you can close the thread :cry: :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #3
    Altair said:
    well he's definitely the most dominant but his driving is his achilles' heel

does it matter when you can hit 3 iron ( sometimes he carry's 2 iron) 250 yards? and 3 wood almost 300 yards? he hit alot of fairway's in the pga.

OP

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #5
    lol tiger? maybe if your talking to an ameteur but tiger will never screw up his swing, he can always re-fine it though

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    Morra10 said:
    im not sure how many people actually like golf but i hope some do.......if not this thread is pointless lol.

Tiger woods will go down as the best golfer to ever play the game when he retires.
    Some people (including me) think that he is the best athlete in the world. he spends countless hours working on his golf game not to mention working out to be in the best shape he can be in. On sunday I watched the PGA Championship as he went on to win his 12th major ( by 5 over shaun micheel) , now only 6 behind jack. Jack won his 18 major championships by a combinded total of 44 strokes. tiger has won his 12 majors but a combined 56 strokes. he dominates the field when he is playing good. and right now i think he is in his peak form. Noone can handle him when he has his A game and not many people can hang with him when he has his B game. He is one of my hero's and i wish to meet him one day.

my question to all you sports fans is

I personally think he will destroy jacks record setting 18 majors. how many do u think he will get? (my est. is around 28)

and name your top 5 athletes in the world? I have already stated on my list tiger is number 1 but i wanna see how many other people know how good he is.

P.S. i no not many people like golf so if noone answers this question MOD's you can close the thread :cry: :D
    I think he'll retire with 23. You figure he has 12 now, and in the future he'll win at least one a year out of four possible majors. He'll surely smash Nicklaus' record.

Top 5 Athletes:

1. Roger Federer
    2. Tiger Woods
    3. Jarome Iginla
    4. Thierry Henry
    5. Annika Sorrenstam

By the way, I see you are from Canada as well. How'd you find Weir's brilliant performance yesterday? :p

OP

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #7
    Max said:
    I think he'll retire with 23. You figure he has 12 now, and in the future he'll win at least one a year out of four possible majors. He'll surely smash Nicklaus' record.

Top 5 Athletes:

1. Roger Federer
    2. Tiger Woods
    3. Jarome Iginla
    4. Thierry Henry
    5. Annika Sorrenstam

By the way, I see you are from Canada as well. How'd you find Weir's brilliant performance yesterday? :p

i personally think he represented canada well. he played a good front nine, i think shot 34 but at 11 he saw tiger was at -18 or -19 and pretty much said this wasnt gonna happen. sad to see him finish with 4 bogeys in 6 holes but he had a good week. well if u figure he will win at least 1 major until he is what 45? and maybe 1 or 2 after wards he might finish around 25-27( by your math). i think he will have a good shot at 30 majors. in the next 3 years i think he will win at least 2 majors a year, and he pretty much has a 50/50 chance at augusta every time he plays there. so i wont be surprised if he goes over 30. its possible. i can see him winning the masters and the british open next year at Carnoustie, seeing how he can hit 2 iron 300 yeards with all that roll. I dont know about the u.s open because he cant hit many fairways with the driver and the rough their is like 7 inches. i think he could even go for 3 majors next year. i wouldnt bet against him.

OP

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #9
    Black&White. said:
    he's like Federer in tennis, not invincible but pretty good

lol federer and tiger are a little better then pretty good. and if tiger is playing his A game he will win, no question. and he still contends in tourny's even when he doesnt play good.

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    I don't know anything about golf but I do hear a lot of Schumacher down here.

Don't you think he should be in your list as well ? :oops:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    I would be surprised if he retires anywhere near Nicklaus' age to be honest, longevity in golf is diminishing with every generation. Besides, I'd figure a personality as famously competitive and forceful as Tiger would only want to retire at the top, no offence to Nicklaus but he left it far too late to be considered to have retired at the top of his game. For that reason I don't see Tiger getting past the 25-28 bracket, which is nonetheless already astounding.

OP

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #16
    pavelnedved said:
    why not adding sampras in your list ?

i dunno.....he is a great athlete and one if not the best tennis player i have ever watched. but there is just something about agassi, he just wont give up.

OP

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #17
    Desmond said:
    I would be surprised if he retires anywhere near Nicklaus' age to be honest, longevity in golf is diminishing with every generation. Besides, I'd figure a personality as famously competitive and forceful as Tiger would only want to retire at the top, no offence to Nicklaus but he left it far too late to be considered to have retired at the top of his game. For that reason I don't see Tiger getting past the 25-28 bracket, which is nonetheless already astounding.

thats a great point and i think tiger could even win on the PGA tour in his 50's. the equipment these days that he can train with is far better then jack's time.

does anyone think their will be another young kid come out like tiger did? will we be seeing another great golfer trying to beat tigers record? (when he sets it)

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    Morra10 said:
    thats a great point and i think tiger could even win on the PGA tour in his 50's. the equipment these days that he can train with is far better then jack's time.

does anyone think their will be another young kid come out like tiger did? will we be seeing another great golfer trying to beat tigers record? (when he sets it)
    Actually I saw an article about a 9 year old was it ? Anyway, he seems to be labelled the next Tiger.

OP

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #19
    i dont think anyone can be the next tiger.....here is tiger at age 2 on the bob hope show.

OP

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #20
    the dude is unstoppable. thats 4 wins in a row on the pga tour. his second best streak as a pro. its fitting that he wins his 52 tour event in the same week he first became a touring professional (yesterday marked 10 years of greatest, as he turned pro on august 26,1996) . he played well the first 2 days of this event (sorry he hit a terrible 215 yard 9 iron on 18 in the second round.) but how can you be mad that you hit a 215 yard 9 -iron. he played like crap on saturday with 4 bogeys in a row (the most he has had since 96) but hung around to only be 1 back on the lead. he again didnt play well today but made some great putts to gain the lead. Something i havent seen in a long time was stewart cink coming to the charge and surprising tiger. but tiger pulled it out proving even when he plays like crap he can still win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)