Goal.com best Goalkeeper Poll (1 Viewer)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
Alright, now I know it may be a bit obvious for me to do this but, I've got to show you all something that interests me quite a bit. Goal.com is doing some polls to determine the best player of the year, the best goalkeeper, etc. Notice anything interesting about the poll?
Ian honey, stop being a VDS apologist. He was good in his day, but as the song goes...

Day is done

Why didn't you attach the current poll results?:cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #42
    ++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
    Ian honey, stop being a VDS apologist. He was good in his day, but as the song goes...

Day is done

Why didn't you attach the current poll results?:cool:
    1. Don't call me honey...
    2. The poll results are immaterial. The whole reason that I posted this was to show that indeed Edwin day is not done and he is still considered by many who have objectivity to be one of the best in the world.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

It depends on your time frame. I'd say overt he past year, as it is after all, GK of the year poll, that Edwin has been the more in form keeper. Not to say that today he is, or this season, but rather in the past year. Buffon and Didia sucked last season...

fair enough opinion.

but:

1) I think "Sucks" is such a strong word to describe Dida and Buffon's last season. Dida and Buffon have had some awesome games last season.
    2) Keepers that play regularly and underperform should be rated higher than those who don't even play.
    3) Buffon is doing great now (much thanks to the defense of course).

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004

1. Don't call me honey...
    2. The poll results are immaterial. The whole reason that I posted this was to show that indeed Edwin day is not done and he is still considered by many who have objectivity to be one of the best in the world.
    I f my memory serves me correctly, HE IS NO LONGER first choice at Fulham. But again, even if he still is, why has there been no mad rush by one of the bigger clubs for him? We always hear about one club or the other making inquiries about keepers such as Manuel Reina (Villareal) for example because he is aplogies to such fans too big for the club. So why has VDS been stuck in Fulham forever?

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

fair enough opinion.

but:

1) I think "Sucks" is such a strong word to describe Dida and Buffon's last season. Dida and Buffon have had some awesome games last season.
    2) Keepers that play regularly and underperform should be rated higher than those who don't even play.
    3) Buffon is doing great now (much thanks to the defense of course).
    Any keeper is only as good as his defense. Tim Howard and Iker Casillas will tell you better.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #51
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    say goodbye to germany's legacy of great golies
    Hardly...Timo Hildebrand is a damn good keeper and he's only getting better.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    come on.
    this poll is at least silly.

there is no better than buffon OF CAURSE and the fact that cech is missing for ex,prooves me right for second time that the poll is stupid

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #54
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    Lev Yashin was better than Buffon.
    So was Dino Zoff, but that's hardly the point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)