Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
An even bigger mistake than allowing Agnelli to continue to make decisions post 2017 was allowing this man to leave the club.

He continues to show shrewd dealings and the ability to build teams in challenging financial situations. In an era of PL and La Liga dominance he has taken a serie a team to a CL final 3 times. It’s really an amazing achievement

Buy on AliExpress.com

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
so in the end it turns out he is the guy that brings scudettos and CL finals?

- - - Updated - - -

Easily Calcio's biggest brain since Moggi tbh.
too bad some particular president of ours thought this is all done thanks to himself and choose to part ways with Beppe. Making some shady moves after that too.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
so in the end it turns out he is the guy that brings scudettos and CL finals?

- - - Updated - - -

too bad some particular president of ours thought this is all done thanks to himself and choose to part ways with Beppe. Making some shady moves after that too.
It was obvious from the miunte Paratici took over.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He did a really good job. I expect Guintoli can also do a amazing job with us
I expect good things from Giuntoli too but he needs to be given time. Marotta had a disaster first season before leading us to a dominant era.

Giuntoli comes with an even better record than when Marotta first joined us so we're getting someone that's proven and competent.

We need to sort out the coaching crisis first and hopefully we can expect better things. I am predicting a pretty bad first season with him given all that's going on off the pitch.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I expect good things from Giuntoli too but he needs to be given time. Marotta had a disaster first season before leading us to a dominant era.

Giuntoli comes with an even better record than when Marotta first joined us so we're getting someone that's proven and competent.

We need to sort out the coaching crisis first and hopefully we can expect better things. I am predicting a pretty bad first season with him given all that's going on off the pitch.
Is it confirmed that we are getting Guintoli? Officially official?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

I'm afraid that Giuntoli won't be able to do much this Summer anyway. Elkann basically confirmed the coach, a lot of jabronis still have rich contracts and a lot of loanees are coming back. So the latter issue will be his biggest challenge, to sell them and get some cash for self-funding mercato.

Next year will probably be the time to evaluate Allegri and luckily a few more high-wages-jabronis will be gone.

Either way, it will most probably take way longer to recover than we think.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I'm afraid that Giuntoli won't be able to do much this Summer anyway. Elkann basically confirmed the coach, a lot of jabronis still have rich contracts and a lot of loanees are coming back. So the latter issue will be his biggest challenge, to sell them and get some cash for self-funding mercato.

Next year will probably be the time to evaluate Allegri and luckily a few more high-wages-jabronis will be gone.

Either way, it will most probably take way longer to recover than we think.
this is the summer that we need to blow it up, send packing every single one of the overpaid jabronis that can be pushed out of the club and bring our wage bill in order, replenish the squad with our youth, cheap veterans like Bobby P. and whatever sensible transfers for starter caliber player we can afford, even it its just one.

if we do that, for all I care we can finish 4th again, at least the team would be heading in the right direction. rebuilding is something that had to be done in summer 2018, by 2021 we had to blow everything up and it's still our only option today. the financial reality of the squad is too piss poor to fix and try to reach short term goals sustainably.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
this is the summer that we need to blow it up, send packing every single one of the overpaid jabronis that can be pushed out of the club and bring our wage bill in order, replenish the squad with our youth, cheap veterans like Bobby P. and whatever sensible transfers for starter caliber player we can afford, even it its just one.

if we do that, for all I care we can finish 4th again, at least the team would be heading in the right direction. rebuilding is something that had to be done in summer 2018, by 2021 we had to blow everything up and it's still our only option today. the financial reality of the squad is too piss poor to fix and try to reach short term goals sustainably.
And we started it with renewing Alex Sandro. The club is trying to renew Di Maria and Rabiot. Bonucci just announced he'll retire next year which implies he wants to collect his last paycheck. Szczęsny will trigger his extension next season because he'll be an undisputed starter for Allegri. If we're lucky, we'll sell one loanee permanently, the rest is coming back in July to the base.

What cleanup?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
And we started it with renewing Alex Sandro. The club is trying to renew Di Maria and Rabiot. Bonucci just announced he'll retire next year which implies he wants to collect his last paycheck. Szczęsny will trigger his extension next season because he'll be an undisputed starter for Allegri. If we're lucky, we'll sell one loanee permanently, the rest is coming back in July to the base.

What cleanup?
If Allegro is shown the door, those scenarios can easily change.

It's going to be a transitional year anyway (given the worst case scenario which is being banned from Europe)

This club must be really stupid to hold on to a coach that's adding nothing atm and overpaid on top of it.

We need a hard reset and that starts from the coach

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
If Allegro is shown the door, those scenarios can easily change.

It's going to be a transitional year anyway (given the worst case scenario which is being banned from Europe)

This club must be really stupid to hold on to a coach that's adding nothing atm and overpaid on top of it.

We need a hard reset and that starts from the coach
Who will replace Al-legri? You think some top manager would relish the prospect of working with this squad, on a tight budget with more points deductions looming over our head. We already have a top manager and he brings much needed calma to the team. His perseverance during this season full of uncerctanties is commendable. He aint leaving.
leonardo-dicaprio-wolf-of-wallstreet.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)