Apr 19, 2007
Oh please, we were just commenting on what was in front of us and up until yesterday this mercato was crap.
First of all you can say its crap but honestly he had alot of issues to discuss.
Firstly we needed to buy wingers for this new formation and he did that very quickly even if they aren't the best. Obviously it takes longer to get better players like Krasic especially during the woorld cup because you cant talk to alot of players you need to talk to. Another thing we needed a defense and this was our biggest hurt over the last years is the lack of money being spent on defense. Now that he has sured up that as well he brought in Aquilanni and also has made some sales. That might not be a great transfer season to you but when you have a complete team and just look to add some world class sometimes that might be easier than having to completely renevate an entire team expecting to be world class.

Everyone needs to shut up about this guy even 2 days ago because he has done some great stuff and once we have all the pieces covered I expect him to bring some great pieces in the future.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's funny how that now since Marotta has signed a player that has always shown his desire to join Juventus, along with the possibility of signing an oft-injured Italian with the price tag of 16M Euros, he is some sort of mercato magician.

I don't buy it. Show me a major coup and I'll start to believe it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Krasic has always wanted to join us. Don't you recall? He made that clear since day one.

If you can't sign a guy like that, then you have chosen the wrong career.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Krasic himself is only one piece of the transfer, it seems we are going back to the issue of just paying whatever a club asks for a player and not negotiating. Look at Dzeko, he would come here in a flash, but we won't or can't pay what Wolfsburg want, regardless of the non-EU quota. So that should have been an easy signing as well with your logic?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's funny how that now since Marotta has signed a player that has always shown his desire to join Juventus, along with the possibility of signing an oft-injured Italian with the price tag of 16M Euros, he is some sort of mercato magician.

I don't buy it. Show me a major coup and I'll start to believe it.

And there is the problem. Not that he is oft injured, but he is italian. If he were an oft injured frenchman, then you wouldn't be as disappointed?

Oh wait, maybe if he followed the Secco/Ranieri/Ferrara method of buying players who don't fit, just because they are "stars", you would be happier? Look at how well that ended up last year, my sweet little sex muffin.

Despite all this, my love for you still knows no bounds. Even when you are wrong

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Since the signing of the oft injured player aka Aquilani only on loan , I think that is a great catch.

If he is injury free and can prove his quality this season that will be only good for us.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Nobody, but you can see through some posts that that's where their opinions are heading, just after a couple simple signings.
What team signs players that don't want to be there? :shifty: It's either the club that attracts them or the mula.

Common Andy. This is the year 1 A.S. (after secco). I don't know what you expect.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Krasic himself is only one piece of the transfer, it seems we are going back to the issue of just paying whatever a club asks for a player and not negotiating. Look at Dzeko, he would come here in a flash, but we won't or can't pay what Wolfsburg want, regardless of the non-EU quota. So that should have been an easy signing as well with your logic?
Sure, but it makes it a whole lot easier when the player and agent have their hearts set on joining one particular club. Of course, it also doesn't hurt that the player's contract runs out the following season. And since we met CSKA's original asking price, I don't see how this is some major coup.

I do think Krasic will turn out to be well worth the money spent, though.

And there is the problem. Not that he is oft injured, but he is italian. If he were an oft injured frenchman, then you wouldn't be as disappointed?

Oh wait, maybe if he followed the Secco/Ranieri/Ferrara method of buying players who don't fit, just because they are "stars", you would be happier? Look at how well that ended up last year, my sweet little sex muffin.

Despite all this, my love for you still knows no bounds. Even when you are wrong
Hey, I don't have anything against Italians, including Italian players. I'm pretty happy with the signing of Bonucci and he's Italian, right? And yes, if Aquilani was French, I would call him the oft-injured Frenchman. :p

But lets assume that I did hate the signing because of the fact Aquilani is Italian. In my view, I wouldn't be so remiss to say that we would not have signed him if he was French. Better players are overlooked by us all the time because they are not Italian, and that is something I would like to change because we don't need any more Affirmative Action here.

What team signs players that don't want to be there? :shifty: It's either the club that attracts them or the mula.

Common Andy. This is the year 1 A.S. (after secco). I don't know what you expect.
I expect to sign better players than Pepe and Martinez, that's what. Those are Secco-like signings, if you want to put it that way.

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
we are no longer the Juventus we used to be 5-6 years ago and the rise of Man City, Chelsea led to huge increase of some players' price. So I dont expect we can sign some world class stars like Dzeko for just around 20m

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
what i like is that we got some question marks like Pepe, Aquillani and Motta on loans so even if the flop, we are not stuck with players that we payed too much for and earn too much in wages.

this is very smart business

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
what i like is that we got some question marks like Pepe, Aquillani and Motta on loans so even if the flop, we are not stuck with players that we payed too much for and earn too much in wages.

this is very smart business
I think we will end up keeping both Aquilani and Motta. Pepe can gtfo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)