Gianluigi Buffon (34 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
One of the goals was for sure his mistake.

Dont feel sad. Seeing him or any other ex player win with other colors would be even worse. It would send message that get out of Turin if you want to win the CL.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Not sure what to think about him continuing to play.

The club decided to move on from him and he wanted a final paycheck or experience. Chose not to go to some irrelevant league in China or Qatar and gets to take another shot at the CL? better or worse than those who go to China? :boh:

Oct 23, 2011
Should have retired last season or gone to any of the retirement leagues if he really wanted to continue playing. Would have been a nice goodbye, despite losing in the Champions League the way we did. He got his standing ovation at the Bernabeu when walking off and won the Scudetto and Coppa in the end. At this point, everything he does wrong is put under a microscope and (perhaps) the greatest keeper of all of time doesn't deserve that. Not saying he is not good enough anymore, because I still think he is top 5 or so in the world right now, but he shouldn't have put himself in this situation.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It’s one thing for him to be eliminated again at an early stage...but the fact that he made such a big mistake that massively contributed to their eventual elimination makes it even worse. I can’t see him playing many more games for them next season (if he doesn’t retire before then)

Should have called it quits last season, Gigi.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
no, he plays constantly good. one mistake can happen. he made also a similar mistake against alabas shot some years ago when beckenbauer talked shit. he came back stronger like always
I don't care how he plays, how consistent he is or where he plays. He should have retired with Juve as a player and taken a managerial role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)