Gianluigi Buffon (26 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon wants to face Celtic in the Champions League for the “electric” atmosphere.

The Italian international faced the Bhoys in the 2001 group stages - though he didn’t play in the match at Celtic Park - and in 2013, with the Bianconeri winning 5-0 on aggregate in the Last 16 tie.

The Juve captain is almost certain to retire after the 2018 World Cup, and would love to face Brendan Rodgers’ side when the group stage draw is made later.

“Playing in the Champions League allows you to experience some of the most exciting stadiums in Europe and when you are younger you take that for granted as there are many more opportunities ahead of you,” Buffon is quoted as saying by the Daily Record.

“But as you get older you realise there are things you perhaps won’t experience again.

“I want to test myself at the Bernabeu and Camp Nou again, I want to play in another special evening game at Old Trafford. I want to experience the electric atmosphere of Celtic Park once more.

“Hopefully I can experience some of those things again - but the reality is that some of them I won’t.

“I will not see my career as incomplete if I do not win the Champions League - I have won too much with Juventus and Italy to look at it like that - but it still remains a big dream for me.

“The way I look at it is that I have one more year on my contract so I have one more chance to lift the trophy. It will not be easy - but we are ready to fight again.

“If we win the Champions League I will continue to play one more season so I can also try to win the World Club Cup and other trophies.”

oh my oh my oh my, such a perfect scenario, we win CL and Buffon keeps playing on, it just has to happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)