Gianluigi Buffon (18 Viewers)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I feel really sorry for him and that angers me. He's too much of a legend to be doing this. You have to know when to stop, you don't have to drain every ounce of sweat and ability out of yourself before retiring. Nedved and Zidane could've played for 3 more years and they said enough. Some things are not meant to be but he can't make peace with it.

Jun 6, 2015
It's not a utopian dream, it's simply my opinion. His choice is his and to me he has retired.
But that is a utopian dream as in fact he has not retired.

I think we fans need to get over this weird obsession of thinking our legends are these godly figures that have to make decisions that suit us. They are normal people who make decisions that suit themselves.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I feel really sorry for him and that angers me. He's too much of a legend to be doing this. You have to know when to stop, you don't have to drain every ounce of sweat and ability out of yourself before retiring. Nedved and Zidane could've played for 3 more years and they said enough. Some things are not meant to be but he can't make peace with it.
Zidane and Nedved were midfielders though. Gigi is a goalkeeper. Ffs, Van der Sar peaked when he was 40. Goalkeepers can easily play until 40 years old.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I still find it hilerious when fans feel sorry for people are are being paid millions to play a game of football.

These guys are worshipped like gods and have the best life ever put your thoughtfulness into people who need it.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I still find it hilerious when fans feel sorry for people are are being paid millions to play a game of football.

These guys are worshipped like gods and have the best life ever put your thoughtfulness into people who need it.
:rolleyes: What's wrong with people being emotional?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

I find it hilarious when people think that money is all that matters and rich people are not humans or smth.

Apr 29, 2006
WTF - Guardiola said it best - the worst thing that can happen to a player(especially the ones he manages) is to fail to win a trophy and be in the running next year. Don't be stupid FFS, Gigi didn't lose a child or something. Snowflakes.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I find it hilarious when people think that money is all that matters and rich people are not humans or smth.
I never said rich people can't get sad. I'm well educated in mental health and depression. I felt for Buffon during the game and hate to see him go out like that as I have done for many Juve players I was near in tears for Nedved and Del Piero more than once. It's normal to feel emotion during and the moments after a game but fuck me alot of fans seem to over exaggerate the importance of it all.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
It's not an easy thing to come to terms with.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I never said rich people can't get sad. I'm well educated in mental health and depression. I felt for Buffon during the game and hate to see him go out like that as I have done for many Juve players I was near in tears for Nedved and Del Piero more than once. It's normal to feel emotion during and the moments after a game but fuck me alot of fans seem to over exaggerate the importance of it all.
Perhaps you're the one exaggerating. It just sucks to see a legendary figure like Gigi embarrass himself out there

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He should have called it quits here, and retire like the legend he is.

yeah he went for A LOT of money, but whatever. he had nothing to do in that team sportwise.

He went for te paycheck, put himself in that situation at 41 yers old and those are the consequences

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
PSG did not get eliminated because of him! Only one goal was his fault, two other goals? From his mistake only, the game would have ended 1-1.
True but unfortunately for him, it was his give away goal that gave them the red cunts believe to come back. He takes a big share of the blame, along with Kehrer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)