General TV (15 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Is anyone watching Winning Team?

I don't like basketball and back in the day when I watched NBA I did not like the Lakers at all.

But damn! The series is great great great. What a cast too

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Is anyone watching Winning Team?

I don't like basketball and back in the day when I watched NBA I did not like the Lakers at all.

But damn! The series is great great great. What a cast too
Yes really enjoying it. Usually will give anything with John C Rielly a go.
Great cast especially considering Adrian Brody plays a supporting role.

just binged all of 'From'. Amazing edge of your seat tv show with cheap thrills but with enough depth and mystery to keep you engaged. Has Everything to be a big hit. I think Netflix will pick it up eventually.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
slow horses, anyone? just read a hungarian review, guy rated it 9/10 which is rare for him :shifty:
It’s very good. Gary Oldman is great, as always. Makes the show.

- - - Updated - - -

Big Steve Martin fan so will check it out
It’s quite fun. Steve Martin and Martin Short playing off one another is perfect, and Nathan Lane in his supporting role is fantastic. I was a little worried Selena Gomez would ruin it for me, but she wasn’t bad. Nothing standout about her performance but it wasn’t bad or anything that could wreck the show.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
“It felt only natural to us that an adaptation of Tolkien’s work would reflect what the world actually looks like.”
- Lindsey Weber, E.P. Amazon's LOTR Series, Vanity Fair (Feb. 2022)

"There are certainly themes Tolkien felt were important. We made a promise to ourselves at the beginning of the process that we weren't going to put any of our own politics, our own messages or our own themes into these movies. What we were trying to do was to analyse what was important to Tolkien and to try to honour that. In a way, were trying to make these films for him, not for ourselves."
- Peter Jackson, Interview with GreenCine (Dec. 2002)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
“It felt only natural to us that an adaptation of Tolkien’s work would reflect what the world actually looks like.”
- Lindsey Weber, E.P. Amazon's LOTR Series, Vanity Fair (Feb. 2022)

"There are certainly themes Tolkien felt were important. We made a promise to ourselves at the beginning of the process that we weren't going to put any of our own politics, our own messages or our own themes into these movies. What we were trying to do was to analyse what was important to Tolkien and to try to honour that. In a way, were trying to make these films for him, not for ourselves."
- Peter Jackson, Interview with GreenCine (Dec. 2002)
Amazon, Disney, po-tay-to, po-tah-to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)