General TV (12 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I watched the Wire and almost stopped after the first season as I really didn't understand the hype. A lot of people rate season 2 as the weakest.

I'm glad I stuck with it and watched all the seasons. I rate it up there with the best shows that I have seen.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I didnt reply earlier out of politeness lol, but you keep repeating this, why do you think the quality of a show age that badly (especially when its NOT old), or we have gold fish memory? Tho FYI in my personal case, I rewatch it once every 2 years or so.

It has NOTHING to do with nostalgia, if I was clouded by nostalgia, it would be something I watched as a kid in late 80s or early 90s and barely remember except feeling it gave me, not a gigantic and deep layered authentic storytelling show I seen many times over in past decade. Its a show that basically unravels all the layers of real life society and its machinery so well in that certain setting, endless amount of well grounded great characters. David Simon (and Ed Burns, Dennis Lehane etc) is beyond amazing writer, does not get enough credit for this profound work imo.

It litterally defies every notion of cop show dramas we ever had in every way:

For anyone watching below and havent seen the show, dont worry, no spoilers:

Yeah this looks good!

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt reply earlier out of politeness lol, but you keep repeating this, why do you think the quality of a show age that badly (especially when its NOT old), or we have gold fish memory? Tho FYI in my personal case, I rewatch it once every 2 years or so.

It has NOTHING to do with nostalgia, if I was clouded by nostalgia, it would be something I watched as a kid in late 80s or early 90s and barely remember except feeling it gave me, not a gigantic and deep layered authentic storytelling show I seen many times over in past decade. Its a show that basically unravels all the layers of real life society and its machinery so well in that certain setting, endless amount of well grounded great characters. David Simon (and Ed Burns, Dennis Lehane etc) is beyond amazing writer, does not get enough credit for this profound work imo.

It litterally defies every notion of cop show dramas we ever had in every way:

For anyone watching below and havent seen the show, dont worry, no spoilers:

Yeah this looks good!

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I actually came across this before and started to read it until I realised that the author and website on the whole have an agenda to push.

But yes, the evidence listed does paint a different picture from what I've seen on the show and the rest of the media.

P.S. A big part of the final episode of the series included the story of Korey Wise's transgender brother :lol3:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I actually came across this before and started to read it until I realised that the author and website on the whole have an agenda to push.

But yes, the evidence listed does paint a different picture from what I've seen on the show and the rest of the media.

P.S. A big part of the final episode of the series included the story of Korey Wise's transgender brother :lol3:
It doesn't matter what agenda is pushed if like you said it's detailing facts of the case that were so casually disregarded when making that show.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It doesn't matter what agenda is pushed if like you said it's detailing facts of the case that were so casually disregarded when making that show.
It's crazy how much these TV shows and popular media can sway public opinion. Before I watched the show it was all over my timeline, people celebrating that the prosecutor lost business deals, that one of the cops or something died (!)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It's crazy how much these TV shows and popular media can sway public opinion. Before I watched the show it was all over my timeline, people celebrating that the prosecutor lost business deals, that one of the cops or something died (!)
‘Truth is a thing of this world: it is produced only by virtue of multiple forms of constraint. And it induces regular effects of power. Each society has its regime of truth, its “general politics” of truth: that is, the types of discourse which it accepts and makes function as true; the mechanisms and instances which enable one to distinguish true and false statements, the means by which each is sanctioned; the techniques and procedures accorded value in the acquisition of truth; the status of those who are charged with saying what counts as true’

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What makes the “facts” given in the article different from the “facts” presented in the show? Both are merely retellings of the same story with widely differing interests and agendas.

At this point you’re just choosing one over the other because that’s what you want to believe.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What makes the “facts” given in the article different from the “facts” presented in the show? Both are merely retellings of the same story with widely differing interests and agendas.

At this point you’re just choosing one over the other because that’s what you want to believe.
Facts of the case, or material facts, huge distinction. But yes based on my limited time on this planet I'm much more inclined to believe a cop/prosecutor than i am a bunch of criminals.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Skepticism of all parties is far more healthy than complete belief in one.
Once again huge distinction between more inclined and complete belief, so is it likelier that the whole system ganged up on random teenagers who didn't do nothing wrong because hurr durr racism! Or that those little angels aren't as innocent as the victimhood peddlers want us to believe.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Once again huge distinction between more inclined and complete belief, so is it likelier that the whole system ganged up on random teenagers who didn't do nothing wrong because hurr durr racism! Or that those little angels aren't as innocent as the victimhood peddlers want us to believe.
The answer resides somewhere in the middle. Both are on some levels of bullshit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)